FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

be thankful you have a decent footy game to play, pes 09 looks shite to me

which is a shame really, it is pes5 with some gloss

good video although its definetly on fast and I prefer it on normal :)

a few things in that video also happened to me (dribbling the keeper and not getting a pen)

that better be fixed at launch or I will be getting majorly pissed in online matches!

well I have to start revising now for an exam :( in october lol so no video games until the fifa 09 demo!

bitter do u know if fifa09 will have be a pro online season mode?:SS

thts what EA SPORTS FOOTBALL League is meant to be about

it will either be using real football players online with a team of 10 (9 other players) in ranked games with the goal to be ranked no.1 in player ratings and as a team on the ea sports football league leaderboard

or using your created player with the same goals but with better performances been able to increase your stats.

yes I am talking about fifa it has already been announced for nba and nhl (both based in vancouver studios also)

and I heard rumblings while at Leipzig that they will be announcing it at a later date then I heard forum rumours of a fifa 09 leipzig presentation on the last day (never happened) so obviously their leaving it for another day maybe they have some other things to announce as well and want it to be a major deal...

That online be a pro leaguey thing, I can't see it working, when are we going to manage to organise getting 20 people online at one time?

That online be a pro leaguey thing, I can't see it working, when are we going to manage to organise getting 20 people online at one time?
you don't have to have 10 people you could have a 2v2 but then you would depend on cpu players for whatever position you didn't pick... or 2v10...

aslong as you have other members from your (squad upto 49 people) then you can play a match :)

be a pro always has a few 100 people on it and I am sure EA Sports League would have even more due to the fact it is competitive!

Last edited:

It will work imo. just gotta organise a time where most of us are online and bamm sorted. any late commers will just have to sit it out. for example if ALL fifa fans was to join in one massive evo web team i can guarantee you that it will be piss easy to get 10 of us on to play our evo web game.

Im all for this mode to work

They need to sort out 5v5 first, that was glitchy as fuck in 08. One step at a time.

I'm confident that it will work properly, 5v5 wasn't too bad in 08 apart from not being able to kick people who didnt press ready, people pausing the game a lot/quitting when they are losing, the slightly worse responses and lag. Oh and having all of the opposition go invisible for the match occasionally :LOL:.

Just a bit of tweaking and improving and it should be fine, and this is EA after all, a company whose online servers are usually pretty good and now a company which makes quite a lot improvements to their game each year (take note Konami... lazy fuckers).

be thankful you have a decent footy game to play, pes 09 looks shite to me

which is a shame really, it is pes5 with some gloss
Yep, it's looking completely dire :(( It's just a PES3/5/08 hybrid with slightly improved graphics and lighting with very few new game modes and very little improvement to what is already there (i.e Master League) with robotic animations and crap AI and physics... Too many crap things in the game to put in a post.

Last edited by a moderator:

5v5 is not as glitchy as it used to be, but i agree the servers royally fuck up alot more than they every should

so 10v10 will add more problems to this unless they change something

as for having enough players for 10v10, i play with lads everynight and there is enough of us to fill two rooms easily, and this is on a game that is nearly 12 months old

when a new game comes out like fifa 09, everyone will be playing it so filling rooms and getting decent people to play with wont be a problem, what will or what could be a problem is the servers

i just hope they can cope and are improved from this years

They need to sort out 5v5 first, that was glitchy as fuck in 08. One step at a time.
HAHA you want fifa to start making small steps like konami?:LOL::LOL: fifa 09 improves 5v5, fifa10 improves the light effects when playing at nigh time

fifa11 enables u to move from club to club as manager etc etc.:w00t:

Hopefully it will be announced but I dont want to get to excited and it then not make it. Would work best if creating yourself was the only choice otherwise you would get 1M Ronaldo's for example, creating yourself and having him improve and be totally unique to everysingle other player online is what would make it brill :))

Hopefully it will be announced but I dont want to get to excited and it then not make it. Would work best if creating yourself was the only choice otherwise you would get 1M Ronaldo's for example, creating yourself and having him improve and be totally unique to everysingle other player online is what would make it brill :))
Yeah it could be great, but I think there would be a problem with everybody wanting to be a striker or winger - you would have nobody to fill in at the back.

I would be happy to play as a defender, but I know a lot of people would find it boring...

If we get 10 people all online at the same time from here having an Evo-Web team would be awesome :)).

Yeah it could be great, but I think there would be a problem with everybody wanting to be a striker or winger - you would have nobody to fill in at the back.

I would be happy to play as a defender, but I know a lot of people would find it boring...

If we get 10 people all online at the same time from here having an Evo-Web team would be awesome :)).

I could imagine being a defender aswell, My natural position seems to be a DMF, I'm comfortable there for some reason. Nothing like hanging back during attacks and linking passes from one side the other, and taking potshots every now and again.

I could imagine being a defender aswell, My natural position seems to be a DMF, I'm comfortable there for some reason. Nothing like hanging back during attacks and linking passes from one side the other, and taking potshots every now and again.

You're looking for an argument here... I played DMF all life, I think I deserve the position.

Actually, I was a kind of "Guardiola" or "Xavi" player, with a lot of technique and vision and passing skills, but lacking strength, height and power... so, if you want, we play a 4-2-3-1 and you and me share the two DMF positions, oks? :DANCE:

Since I play as a CB myself in real-life, I wouldn't mind playing there in the Evo-Web team for FIFA09.

I am a great LB on FIfA, i do go forward alot though :| i am also very good playing Striker, i play on the last defender

i would be interested if you guys are making a evo web team

CB is probably the only position I wouldn't want to play. I find the game is too heavily tilted against CBs in 5v5. I find defending the back line is only fun if you're the only person on your team to go as ANY, so you can control the whole back 4, giving you the control you need to defend properly.

Every other position works fine, but I like it best out on the left wing.

I think the problem would not be that people would not want to play as a defender, I would have no problem for example. No the problem is that those of us who play as defender, and then would watch others play upfront, if we felt that they were not doing a good job upfront, and that we could do better. If they are not good upfront, then you will have problems scoring of course.

Its like in the 5v5 now, if you get idiots playing forward and who cant shoot or dribble, well it pisses me off. So if you had a team with friends only, and you trusted them to be up front, I think that would work better and people would be willing to play as a defender.

hey sweetkilla, I don't think that this may be in the demo at Leipzig but do you happen to know if the ball and player physics (such as slide tackles) change during wet weather matches? I can not recall if EA announced this anywhere.

Thanks

bump :))

I think the problem would not be that people would not want to play as a defender, I would have no problem for example. No the problem is that those of us who play as defender, and then would watch others play upfront, if we felt that they were not doing a good job upfront, and that we could do better. If they are not good upfront, then you will have problems scoring of course.

Its like in the 5v5 now, if you get idiots playing forward and who cant shoot or dribble, well it pisses me off. So if you had a team with friends only, and you trusted them to be up front, I think that would work better and people would be willing to play as a defender.
Yeah that's true, I have had so many ball hoggers/no hopers on my team on 5v5 and you just try to keep the ball away from them, it's your only chance of winning...

10v10 is a major step forward in football gaming though - every off the ball run being made by a human, minimal AI involed. :DANCE:

When I had my 360 and used to play 5v5 with you guys, there were always people who played defence (and were pretty good too ... apart from Kev) so that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I do agree that everyone will create strikers though, which just means it'll be harder to get a game due to having to compete with so many other people.

It will pay off creating a full-back, less people playing in that position means you'll be wanted more.

Me and Coopz are up front for the Evo Web Team, Joe on the left wing, Rob on the right wing, CW midfield, Bitter centre back.

The rest of you can fight for the other positions ;)).

Back
Top Bottom