FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

Thanks for the videos, Bingham.

The more I see the more I like.:-...

EDIT: Delightful backheel by Fabregas at 58 seconds on that last vid.

Last edited:

Looks like the guy using Barca is using manual controls, and he's not very good at them :-pp.

As Jamezinho said that backheel looked class.

Yeah, it certainly looked like they were using manual controls. Why are all the people playing in these videos absolutely gash, though? It's like no-one can ever make a backwards pass and keep possession, every ball has to be a forward pass.

I'd like to see a video where two people are playing decent possession football.

Yeah they are all awful at the game, always rushing it as if there's only 2 mins left and they desperately need a goal all match. Personally I would be embarrassed to have videos of me playing the game uploaded if I was that gash :-pp.

The game isn't shown in it's full quality when you get two people playing it like that, it's not how it's meant to be played at all.

The ball physics look brilliant this year - more bounce and less floaty :)).

All these PES Fanboys need to watch a real game of football and then compare the ball physics on that latest Fifa video with the video's of PES 2009.

A football does not glide across grass it bobbles.

Let me see if i get it. Now we can choose the speed's game before start a match?

The way Rutter says it, "hidden away at the moment", might indicate that they've removed it or ar on the fence as to whether or not to include it. On the other hand, mentioning it most likely means that it is a feature they are counting on. So right now it looks like it's in, which is very nice.

IMO it's a real testament to the quality of the game that a video of the two worst gamers in modern history playing the game is still watchable. I mean seriously, those two are just fucking horrendous at the game.

Shows like this should handout Q&A's before they allow just anyone to get their hands on their precious builds of the game and stick a camera in front of it.

Q1: Have you ever, at any point in your life, ever, played a video game before?

Clearly these playing two in the video would have answered No and EA could have moved on to the next people in the queue!

The way Rutter says it, "hidden away at the moment", might indicate that they've removed it or ar on the fence as to whether or not to include it. On the other hand, mentioning it most likely means that it is a feature they are counting on. So right now it looks like it's in, which is very nice.

Well he says it's hidden away in the advance options, maybe they just put some stuff in there that they feel is complicated and distracting for the average 12 year old. They probably envisage too many 12 year olds whining on the official forums that the game is too fast/too slow after they accidentally changed the game speed..........

Anyone know what kind of difficulty settings there will be on the demo?
I know last yr it was on like semi pro or something which to me just feels way to easy and you can't really test the AI out and enjoy it as much.. It would be nice to have maybe 2 difficulty levels like semi pro and then world class or legendary..
Just a thought and hoping it isnt on semi pro again.. :oooh:

WOW, this is gonna be the best add on ever!!!!

IMO it's a real testament to the quality of the game that a video of the two worst gamers in modern history playing the game is still watchable. I mean seriously, those two are just fucking horrendous at the game.

Shows like this should handout Q&A's before they allow just anyone to get their hands on their precious builds of the game and stick a camera in front of it.

Clearly these playing two in the video would have answered No and EA could have moved on to the next people in the queue!

Agreed.

I am especially interested and shooting and the keeper's reactions but I haven't seen much of it thanks to the quality of these players.

Oh well demo not so long off now get to see it all for ourselves soon. :))

In Placebo case though should have the final build around then git. :DD

I know it's a little off, buuut... I've discovered the identity of those 2!

debieloide.jpg

:w00t:

Do that manual goal celebrations can be turned off?
I have seen videos where they do the manual celebrations and others where there only the normal video celebration...

I know those guys were on manual, but boy do they make the game look like shit. They really should have started on auto, maybe semi. It was like watching the 7 year old division I used to referee, cause they could not string two passes together on manual. Animations look great though. Cant way to play it.

Do that manual goal celebrations can be turned off?
I have seen videos where they do the manual celebrations and others where there only the normal video celebration...
If it's the same as Euro 08, then you can press RB + LB on Xbox 360, and then this instantly cancels the celebration mode.

sweetkilla mentioned about a fifa presentation and announcements today.. i guess they didn't have any?

and does this mean no live league thing?

I cant wait for the FIFA 09 demo! All the video's look so good and get me more hyped for October 3rd. :)

Back
Top Bottom