FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

sweetkilla, have you played the game on dynamic camera? so yes, is it the same as EURO 2008? I mean if you score a goal, does the camera switch of directly after you score a goal and let not see how the ball is hitting the net? I know it's all because the * celebrating mode...

sorry only ever play in TELE

amazing sweetkilla nice to see someone try to play real football instead of kick up up up up up field....

some of the animations look awesome...especially the one twos...seen applayer pass it then bend his body and make a run...looked awesome :)

not my vids guys I would like to think I am better than the peopel who were playing :)

just a couple I found on youtube

Hey! FFS, some of us have to watch prem matches on delay, do you have to spoil the scores/results in a fifa thread? There are football forums for a reason.

wow is that really a spoiler. i guess placebo is right that we should not be posting that but me i dont mind

I hope those 'Let's FIFA 09' ads on the grass are gone in the final build.

They look awful.

Edit: Beautiful one-two in that Bayern v Chelsea clip at 2:35.

Last edited:

Can't stand PC's personally, and dont go on about the upgrades that render consoles out of date within a year.This does not matter as multiformat games show no real differences throughout the life of a generation.

Consoles are where its at due to accessability, cost and profit for the devs............end of, get into the 21st century and dump the PC for gaming, especially football games:OT:

I trust Sweetkilla's reassurance that the response times have improved, so its going to be a winner for me.I am happy that PES shows some improvement in most area's but you can see the difference in quality, its miles infront.

I am not overly concerned with the single player as I like to play in the organised leagues and cups but it does seem the game still has its flaws here with playing lower league teams on a higher difficulty.Players like Placebo may well be dissapointed in this area as I think it sort of plays the same with a stuggle to get the feeling of difference between teams against the AI.I've not played it but the snippets of feedback show a few single player niggles.

Player models have improved massively, i keep hearing that they look better but i think they are huge step up from the previous games.The big thing is that they are slimmer than the wooly jumper under football shirt look of last year and I think this actually enhances the animation as the scale looks good.

Lighting is better which gives the game a more realistic feel, especially around the stands and crowd.I am looking forward to the weather efffects and I hope the ball does react differently on harder and wetter surfaces.

I did'nt like the wet pitches effect on the ball in Euro because it was just too wet and only held the ball up, I'd like it to react the other way eith it increasing in pace as it zips off the surface for shots and longer passes etc.

The floodlighting also seems a bit off with the similar dark patches we saw in 08, i may be wrong but it looks that way to me.

I think for the first time on this generation of consoles that we have our first real, almost complete next gen game, hats off to EA for listening and implementing the changes for us to have a far more enjoyable experience.

great post. i agree 1000%

Not long until the demo now, under 20 days :DD. I'll probably be playing that over and over and over and not bothering with any other game until release date :-pp.

Thanks sweetkilla for all the videos, info and opinions on the game, I appreciate it as do the rest of us i'm sure :TU:.

Last edited by a moderator:

fifa 09 presentation today apparently shame I have to catch a flight in a few hours lol probably going to announce EA Sports League and the hype is building up on the fifa 09 forums

and 18 days until the demo I can wait barely :P It really is like a drug

Thank you for everything sweetkilla! :WORSHIP:

Oh Lord, it will be 18 looooooong days... :DUMMY:

Have a nice flight!

no problem m8 talk to you guys in 12 or so hours no doubt by then we will have plenty to discuss if there is a fifa 09 presentation!

I want this game released for one reason,that's to own jaygrims arse online like i did in 08..no good bastard he is..:-pp

My biggest gripe as i only play single player is the lack of fouls committed by the CPU. Does anyone know if this has been changed?

Thank-you.

that's to own jaygrims arse online like i did in 08..no good bastard he is..

Im sure he would like you to own his arse offline aswell ;)

@ Matt,

I'm sure weather effect have been confirmed and that they effect the ball and players.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=POjO52bIpXs&feature=related

nothing new here, but he does confirm the 3 game speeds so it must still be in there

Thanks Bitter

Fantastic news that the game speed slider is in.This caters for all aspects of the market in that you can choose how slow or fast it is.

The nice thing here is you could play normal games at slow pace and then when it comes to the real ding dong derby or cup semi-final, you can increase it slightly helping to create the illusion of reality.

He also mentions the CPU time waisting aswell:SS and there is a huge hint of the keepers AI being improved alot.I think this may well be seen at the upper end of the difficulty levels.

All in all not much more info but the assurance of the spped slider is fantastic news.

Back
Top Bottom