FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

Placebo, considering you upload alot of stuff for people i thought this might be useful for you (not sure if you know of it

http://www.cheapfilehost.com/

All file types are supported.

No time limits whatsoever.

1GB Filesize Limit.

i have been told it seems to be better than most

I appreciate the feedback but upload speed to them is really poor, average around 50kb/s which is well below my max 1mb/s, I do appreciate the link though, always helps to find new large file hosts, if you come across more please send my way :)

Sorry if it has been mentioned before but only thing I desperatly need 2 know is if the through balls are better in Fifa 09. Fifa 08's were crap as defenders always knew exactly when to step in.

As PES is still moulded in my brain, the through balls were my main game to get to a scoring chance...

Sorry if it has been mentioned before but only thing I desperatly need 2 know is if the through balls are better in Fifa 09. Fifa 08's were crap as defenders always knew exactly when to step in.

Try setting through balls to manual, you will notice a huge difference.

Can somebody explain to me what is meant to be so bad about the PC version of FIFA 09? I posted those videos earlier and got little response, yet I see numerous people badmouthing it here... is this based on FIFA 08 or something?

Interviews have said that the graphics and animation are near identical to the console versions. I presume gameplay is slightly different - but it doesn't look very different on videos I've seen. All the previews I've read have been very positive, too. So someone who's played it, please explain the differences!!

Fifa PC gameplay is based on the PS2 engine which is inferior in many aspects to the next gen engine.

I'm not so sure it is though. Watch the first two videos I posted - the guy being interviewed says they built it from the ground up. It may be closer to the PS2 than the PS3 but I gather they made use of what most PCs are capable of. I guess only playing the demo will tell us for sure.

Most importantly for me, the control and movement looks very similar to next-gen - so especially in multiplayer/online games, it should be pretty good, even if the AI isn't the best.

I'm not so sure it is though. Watch the first two videos I posted - the guy being interviewed says they built it from the ground up. It may be closer to the PS2 than the PS3 but I gather they made use of what most PCs are capable of. I guess only playing the demo will tell us for sure.

Most importantly for me, the control and movement looks very similar to next-gen - so especially in multiplayer/online games, it should be pretty good, even if the AI isn't the best.

Oh please, they build a complete new engine just for the PC? Open your eyes dude, it is an enhanced (graphically) PS2 engine.

Oh please, they build a complete new engine just for the PC? Open your eyes dude, it is an enhanced (graphically) PS2 engine.

I'm just going by what I've seen and heard.

Regardless, it looks a lot better than PES2009... so I really want FIFA to be good this year!!!

I do think it's coming under a bit of undue criticism though. It's a good looking game with very positive early feedback from various websites. Even FIFA 08 on PC isn't that bad... I've been giving the demo a go while I wait for 09 and it does have a few benefits over Pro Evo. Mainly player behaviour and movement. If 09 builds on that I'll be happy.

I'm just going by what I've seen and heard.

Regardless, it looks a lot better than PES2009... so I really want FIFA to be good this year!!!

I do think it's coming under a bit of undue criticism though. It's a good looking game with very positive early feedback from various websites. Even FIFA 08 on PC isn't that bad... I've been giving the demo a go while I wait for 09 and it does have a few benefits over Pro Evo. Mainly player behaviour and movement. If 09 builds on that I'll be happy.

It may look slightly better, but it definitely won't play as good. EA always screws the PC gamers.

exactly. fucking pathetic if you ask me. guess PES09 is the one to get for my pc. £18 in play.com and will have kitserver and other mods in there. im even going to make some mods for it myself.

i will wait and see if the online works this time on PES09

EA wants more money, can't u even realise that, on PC there is the concern of piracy(yeah i know on every platform(except ps3) piracy is immense).

how much does the PC version cost compared to the console version? think about it, why was madden09 pc cancelled, as well as other oldschool EA titles such as Fight Night, etc...

They believe they can make more money by making a half-arsed pc version(which will save them money on development) and convince PC users to move to the next-gen console versions.

Its all business and u can't fault them for doing so boys and girls. Even tho their excuse of not being able to scale the requirements for PC users if they make a next-gen version is ludicrous.

HOLY CRAP..

1219351721-media.jpg

IBRAHIMOVIC is finally looking amazing!

RONALDINHO:

182043-FIFA09_PS3_006.jpg

1219351722-media.jpg

W.O.W!

i just saw a few new screen shot at gamingaccess.com for the pc version. it makes me feel less painful watching the graphics is better than fifa08.it's quite nice with you can see the players head sweating(cambiasso and gallas).very much better,but i guess it's just in the near camera,or when the cut scenes. when playing they all will look like a monkey =(

I seriously can't wait for Fifa 09 this yr.. I remember this time last year saying how far superior PES was to Fifa, boy was i wrong.. :EMB:
Infact Fifa 08 was the first fifa game i had bought since Fifa 2000 for the PS.. I have had all the PES's ever since then but after last years complete sham of a game, i'm still waiting to see if its worth getting this year.. Its always nice to have 2 footie games to chose from but if ones completes bollocks whats the point.. :HAND:
So yer, can't wait for this bad boy and its the first fifa game i've looked forward to in a decade!! :DD

Just to add it would of been nice if they had added some neat little features to manager mode because i love that mode so much, but its all good.. Much better than the same ML for the last 10 years..

Last edited:

hey sweetkilla, I don't think that this may be in the demo at Leipzig but do you happen to know if the ball and player physics (such as slide tackles) change during wet weather matches? I can not recall if EA announced this anywhere.

Thanks

EA wants more money, can't u even realise that, on PC there is the concern of piracy(yeah i know on every platform(except ps3) piracy is immense).

how much does the PC version cost compared to the console version? think about it, why was madden09 pc cancelled, as well as other oldschool EA titles such as Fight Night, etc...

They believe they can make more money by making a half-arsed pc version(which will save them money on development) and convince PC users to move to the next-gen console versions.

Its all business and u can't fault them for doing so boys and girls. Even tho their excuse of not being able to scale the requirements for PC users if they make a next-gen version is ludicrous.
its not going to convince a pc user to buy a console just for fifa when there is a much better version on the pc caled PES09. they are making a loss and wont sell even 100 copies of there game in europe alone mate. mark my word:TU:

its not going to convince a pc user to buy a console just for fifa when there is a much better version on the pc caled PES09. they are making a loss and wont sell even 100 copies of there game in europe alone mate. mark my word:TU:

Seriously you are annoying.

Seriously you are annoying.

I agree ;)

I left FIFA 10 years ago (FIFA 98 AKA Blur :) ) and Played all the PES and ISS.
But mendoza, I bought a PS3 for FIFA08 because PES2008 (and I think 2009) is for the junkies of PES.
I was a fanboy and PES isn't so bad, but FIFA follow the new era of technologies...not PES.

Common, just when I watch these videos of FIFA and PES, I clearly see one Simulation and Natural movements game and One robotic arcadey game.

Back
Top Bottom