FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

I don't know if it's already posted

French cover

Z0_5030931067860.jpg

They could have gotten Frank's good side FFS :lol:

Why is Ronaldinho on all the covers?! He's done f#$k all the last two seasons, besides sign for Milan.

because EA signed a contract with him you don't waste your millions on a player to be on your cover then not use him and he is still without question one of the top 3 most known player on the planet

Enjoy your day again with Fifa 09 Sweetkilla ? i think i read you said other day played it behind closed doors i guess no different to whats on showfloor.

Hey SweetKilla, the build i played had the same response times as Euro08, have they been improved or are they the same? Also I had the same issue as you when players were missing sitters but i found this was fixed if you used a finness shot instead :))

Keep enjoying the game mate as I think its definetly the best football game thats been made to date!

Bump :))

Would have thought they signed players for the cover per season. Not important, never look at the cover anyway :D

The response times are improved from Euro 2008 100% anyone who says it hasn't, their lying to themselves.

And like I said all the improved trapping on the ball and quicker touches makes everything much much better its not frustrating passing the ball around and doing a long ball across the field! alot more fluid and precise how it should be as far as I'm concerned.

As for finishing finesse shots are useful but you can still launch rockets from inside the box with the right players which is great.

I find the finesse shot alot more useful from outside the box (as in 08) as well as normal long range shots also fantastic to hit

hey sweetkilla, I know it's been mentioned before somewhere in this thread by someone, but just to give me a warm feeling, is there plenty of first time shots/headers from crosses in FIFA09?

You know how in FIFA08, if you crossed the ball into the box, quite often the striker, rather than volley or header it first time, would chest it down (so a defender nips in a takes the ball)? But now, they just get up there and attempt a first-time scissors-kick volley? Yeah?

And did you see any diving headers yet? You know, to crosses at about waiste height, they just throw their head at it.

The response times are improved from Euro 2008 100% anyone who says it hasn't, their lying to themselves.

And like I said all the improved trapping on the ball and quicker touches makes everything much much better its not frustrating passing the ball around and doing a long ball across the field! alot more fluid and precise how it should be as far as I'm concerned.

As for finishing finesse shots are useful but you can still launch rockets from inside the box with the right players which is great.

I find the finesse shot alot more useful from outside the box (as in 08) as well as normal long range shots also fantastic to hit

Nice feedback thanks :)

Did you have any chance to try the underdog AI logic, like play as a ***** against a * and see if it's as annoying as Euro where they can magically pass, dribble and retain the ball like they're Brazil or something? Word from EA is that's fixed and the AI is playable again but I remain sceptical.......

I think he said yesterday that the AI teams still keep possession for ages in a very unrealistic manner. Hooray :(.

hey sweetkilla, I know it's been mentioned before somewhere in this thread by someone, but just to give me a warm feeling, is there plenty of first time shots/headers from crosses in FIFA09?

You know how in FIFA08, if you crossed the ball into the box, quite often the striker, rather than volley or header it first time, would chest it down (so a defender nips in a takes the ball)? But now, they just get up there and attempt a first-time scissors-kick volley? Yeah?

And did you see any diving headers yet? You know, to crosses at about waiste height, they just throw their head at it.

No they don't chest it unless you want to :)
as for it deciding between a header or volley when you want the opposite this still happens but not as much and now in situations where you want your players to be busting a gut to get there 1st they stretch for the ball and try and finish things off 1st.. which is alot better but still far from perfect I definetly think PES has an advantage in this aspect

Placebo, considering you upload alot of stuff for people i thought this might be useful for you (not sure if you know of it

http://www.cheapfilehost.com/

All file types are supported.

No time limits whatsoever.

1GB Filesize Limit.

i have been told it seems to be better than most

Theoretically you should now be able to tell your teammates to press high to get the ball and play aggressive or something like that right? Maybe that or some type of tactic will help to minimize their possession.

Edit:
They really need to implement some type of confident meter for each player. People like Xavi, that would have a high value, likes to hold the ball and twist and turn, and lower league players wouldn't have the confidence to do so. They should instead hit a long ball or whatever when under pressure. It could be sort of dynamic, so if a player with low confidence is under pressure by a player that isn't very good he might try out to hold on to the ball. But like in real life, players that aren't very good doesn't dare to try to dribble Ronaldinho and company.

Last edited:

I'm not a fan of the AI keeping the ball for about 10 minutes game time constantly, but I think that they should be able to keep the ball well. When I played PES one of my main gripes with single player was that the AI was so crap, they could hardly string 5 passes together without you either intercepting a pass or tackling them.

Hopefully the tactical sliders will bring some variation into the style the AI teams play (i.e Arsenal play passing football, Bolton play long ball etc.).

No they don't chest it unless you want to :)
as for it deciding between a header or volley when you want the opposite this still happens but not as much and now in situations where you want your players to be busting a gut to get there 1st they stretch for the ball and try and finish things off 1st.. which is alot better but still far from perfect I definetly think PES has an advantage in this aspect

Thanks.

Not perfect, but at least it's getting better.

I still would like to see a "header" button, so you can choose to go with your head whenever you want to. I can't help but feel that having all 4 buttons set aside for different kinds of kicking is poor design, lazily copied from PES. A really good and innovative control system would have only one or two buttons required for kicking the ball, whether it be a short pass, a long cross or a shot. It's still all kicking. TranceAllstar is the man EA should be listening to.

Shit :(

This was manageable in Fifa08 but Euro2008 was completely unplayable for me.

The one glimmer of hope is that he didn't specify it was true of the real underdogs, just true generally. Not sure what teams he's been playing with but I suspect they mostly be of decent standard. Perhaps EA are true to their word in that the weakest teams will have lesser abilty to retain possession.

Question to anyone one who's played it, has the control really been sharpened up? and I mean really!
I just had a go of Euro 2008, and forgot how crap it felt. In fact it feels like your stirring a stick in a bucket of wallpaper paste. Yes 09 looks great, but for it to feel real the response time will have to be vastly improved on from Euro 2008. Another quick question, when you get a close up of a player, do they still look like they have been over doing the steriods, or have they been slimmed down this time?

sorry to keep on sweetkilla but did you try pro evo2009?

Yes I have played in all 5 matches not really my cup of tea to be honest in 2006 I would have loved this! but its 2008/2009 round the corner we are in a different era as far as I am concerned.

It will be a good game one I will buy but won't be getting as much play time due to fifa 09 been the better game ''for me'' I am sure there are others out there in love with it and think it is by far the better game but not for me.

Yes I have played in all 5 matches not really my cup of tea to be honest in 2006 I would have loved this! but its 2008/2009 round the corner we are in a different era as far as I am concerned.

It will be a good game one I will buy but won't be getting as much play time due to fifa 09 been the better game ''for me'' I am sure there are others out there in love with it and think it is by far the better game but not for me.

thankx sweetkilla, i kinda made up my mind as to which game i was getting before Leipzig and the fact that Pro Evo has overall had poor reviews, views to it really just being a fixed version of last years debacle, has cemented my decision. Dont know what i would have done if evo had turned out to be amazing. Thanx for all the info.

Question to anyone one who's played it, has the control really been sharpened up? and I mean really!
I just had a go of Euro 2008, and forgot how crap it felt. In fact it feels like your stirring a stick in a bucket of wallpaper paste

:LOL::DD:BY:That is one of the best explanations of response issues I have
heard anywhere................class:w00t:

The one glimmer of hope is that he didn't specify it was true of the real underdogs, just true generally. Not sure what teams he's been playing with but I suspect they mostly be of decent standard. Perhaps EA are true to their word in that the weakest teams will have lesser abilty to retain possession.

Indeed, desperate men call for desperate glimmers of hope ;)

Some consider Fifa08's AI so bad as to render the singleplayer completely unplayable, I'm over 13,000 minutes in manager mode so if the AI is no worse than that at least I'll be happy, obviously advantage for me being Sheffield Wednesday and only using default players is that we're so shit I'm the actual underdog for 90% of matches ;) Plus playing on all manual controls makes the game more difficult so I can play on pro/wc and it's challenging without the worst cheating of the AI :)

Back
Top Bottom