FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

if you make a game where no pc can play it(crysis) or just make a crap game period(fifa08,fifa09) hardly anyone will buy and just download it.

make a quality game like cod4, hl2, sins of solar, world of warcraft and some extent, pes06/pes08, you will see a healthly profit across the bored

Think it's time to split Fifa09 into next gen and PC threads, reading the same old whinges about the PC version is just plain fucking tedious :)

You think EA don't want sales? They have had to find a medium where every PC player has a chance. It's not just the graphics card it's the CPU and other factors they have to take into account. The route they have gone will maximise the sales for them and they are more aware than your personal opinion on this issue.

that's a stupid reason to ditch the pc version because we all now that many online games CANNOT be played online using a pirated copy. not many pirated pes08 and 06 on the pc because peopple wanted to play online and cant with a pirated copy.

business wise they can dominate the pc gaming scene if they wanted to, it doesnt take alot of effort to port the 360 version to teh pc because after all, the game was made ON A PC. try making a 360 game on the 360's controller :LOL:

my main point is that EA are missing out on some profit that they can easily make in the pc front. with the announcement of a £300 fine if caught downloading games, not many would be brave enough to download such content mate. Ahh well its EA'S loss because now they wont make a single penny with there piss poor PC game. might as well not make one at all
Most ppl that download the game dnt play online anyway, all i play is manager mode on pc

EA are not bother, is there even anything for pc gamers on EASW? NO

Any serious sport gamer will get a console, like u said they could easily port the 360 version to PC, so y dnt they?

bcos it will affect console sales, i believe Live is free on PC right?

If that was the case i would never have bought the 360 to play Fifa07, i would have just downloaded or bought it for the PC

EA isnt lossing trust me, if they were they would have the full next gen game on PC

PC isnt for sport gaming

Last edited:

Allright, so where are you guys buying/pre-ordering FIFA09 from?

What's the best deal right now, and what shops usually have/send the game earlier?

Suggestions welcome, as I feel it's time to make my pre-order... :)

You think EA don't want sales? They have had to find a medium where every PC player has a chance. It's not just the graphics card it's the CPU and other factors they have to take into account. The route they have gone will maximise the sales for them and they are more aware than your personal opinion on this issue.
LOL it wont maximize sales for them. hows using the ps2 engine going to maximize sales? pc gamers don't want to play ps2 ports on there 8800 and even 8600 nvidia cards. people want to play current gen games on there pc's.

since when has pc gaming become the norm of playing LAST gen games? no1 is going to buy this crap on the pc knowing it has piss poor gameplay from the ps2. make a good game on pc and it will sell. maybe not as much as the console version but it will stil generate sales for EA.

EA would have done market research. What have you done? What percentage of people have top end PC's? Jonney no offense mate but you're talking without any knowledge of athe actual subject matter and are basing what your saying soley on your personal opinion. So it's impossible to debate with someone who does this. I'm not here to defend EA and their PC policy but one thing I'm sure of is that it's more detailed and thought out than yours.

Most ppl that download the game dnt play online anyway, all i play is manager mode on pc

EA are not bother, is there even anything for pc gamers on EASW? NO

Any serious sport gamer will get a console, like u said they could easily port the 360 version to PC, so y dnt they?

bcos it will affect console sales, i believe Live is free on PC right?

If that was the case i would never have bought the 360 to play Fifa07, i would have just downloaded or bought it for the PC

EA isnt lossing trust me, if they were they would have the full next gen game on PC

PC isnt for sport gaming
they are losing. why bother making games on the pc then if thats there attitude? seriously why waste months developing a crap sports game when that time could of been spent tweaking the console versions further? imo you either go all out in a project or not do it at all.

you say ti may effect console sales. i disagree. alot of people dont have the luxury of having a gaming pc as well as a console, just like there aint alot of people who have both a 360 and ps3. releasing a identical fifa game on the pc wont harm console sales. only people with the luxury may do what you sya and buy it for there pc instead BUT those sorts of people are a MINORITY. how many here have a 360/ps3 plus a gaming pc?:SS

Jonney most ppl with gaming PCs didnt waste their money on a graphics card to play Fifa

EA would have done market research. What have you done? What percentage of people have top end PC's? Jonney no offense mate but you're talking without any knowledge of athe actual subject matter and are basing what your saying soley on your personal opinion. So it's impossible to debate with someone who does this. I'm not here to defend EA and their PC policy but one thing I'm sure of is that it's more detailed and thought out than yours.

Well for starters you don't need a TOP end pc to play the latest games anymore. like i said before, a £400/£500 pc can play almost any pc game out today. gone are the days of needing a £300 graphics card/£1000 pc.

some things i debate are facts though. like how you dont need a expensive system to play games on but yes your right, some of my arguments are based on opinions but im curious as to why EA even bothered wasting there time making a pc game

Jonney most ppl with gaming PCs didnt waste their money on a graphics card to play Fifa
why would they? fifa is fucking shit. maybe if they made it identical to the console it would be worth buying let alone downloading :LOL:

Last edited:

Anyway......I see Czech still drop kicks with his right foot and Abigal used his right when it would have been easier to use his preferred foot.

It's not as often as previous versions but still.

Anyway, overall looks good - especially love sweetkillas goal number 5 with the little strech.

A tad concerned to say the least about sweetkilla saying that the tackling versus CPU is akin to Euro 2008 - please say that ain't true as that's what killed that game for me!

just buy it from the shops on the day of release. its no gta4 type game that will get sold out LOL

just buy it from the shops on the day of release. its no gta4 type game that will get sold out LOL

Believe it or not, it's cheaper to order it online from England than buying it on local shops in Portugal.

Around 52£ on local shops here, and online from England around 42£.

sweetkilla, is it possible to execute really effective long throw ins from the sideline to the goal box area?

i really hope you are able to set attack/defence options for set pieces at all times so that for eg, one goal down in dying seconds, attacking throw in adjacent to opponent's goal, flood the box with 7-8 players and take a chance with a massive loopy long throw in

Demo details

Hi all, just to keep the excitment flowing; FSB can now bring you details of the upcoming FIFA 09 demo due for release on Spetember 11th.

PS3 & X360 Demo
The online availability will be Sept 11.

For PS3 and 360 we’ll have a full exhibition match with the following 6 teams available. If the match ends in a draw, it will go directly to penalties.

1. Marseille
2. Schalke
3. Real Madrid
4. Chelsea
5. AC Milan
6. Toronto FC

The demo features ‘increased accessibility’ (i.e. better flow for setting up matches) as part of the EA Sports focus on letting new players into our games. The player can also practice in the Arena and view tips on basic or advanced gameplay techniques.

Both versions unveil the new Team Management feature: Custom Tactics, giving the player a chance to sample tactical options in each of the key categories (Build Up, Chance Creation, and Defence).

The Playstation 3 demo features the FIWC Stadium, while 360 features New Wembley.

For PC, the demo will be available online from Sept 12.

1. PC demo has same teams.
2. 2x2 minute halves, no extra time or penalties
3. Kick-off Team and Kick-off Be A Pro flows are accessible
4. adidas Live Season info and tips & hints screens
5. additional “New for FIFA 09” screens
6. PC controls video/Intro video

http://www.fifasoccerblog.com/2008/08/exclusive-fifa-09-demo-details.html

Where do you order from in the UK Airjoca? Depending on the version I'll be getting (ps3 vs 360) I might have to do that just to have english language.

Is the 2x2min also the time for the console demo's? I wished they just made full 6min matches, or even just give the option to choose. Its not like they are giving away too much of the "plot" is it?! Oh well, couple of weeks to go.

Tnx for the vid Placebo,

Is anyone else really enjoying seeing the players run away and celebrate / look dissapointed without having a cutscene? I prefer this actually. What would be good instead of a player cutscene would be to pan to the stands and see all the fans cheering (obviously this would need to be a cutscene but maybe well integrated into the game so it wouldnt be as apparent). I think that would be a lot more forfilling when scoring a goal instead of seeing a defender jump on his back every bloody time.

Last edited:

Anyone knows if you can play a match in a half full stadium? for example if you play Juve - Reggina then there is only 30 000 insteed of 70 000 spectators!

Believe it or not, it's cheaper to order it online from England than buying it on local shops in Portugal.

Around 52£ on local shops here, and online from England around 42£.
no its 40 online and 40 in the shops around the uk. i only pre order games that could potentialy be sold out and fifa aint one of them

Back
Top Bottom