FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

lol I got confused with the PS2 emulator. IF there is such thing. Never tried any emulator myself, only heard of.

BTW did you noticed how the 3d grass "fades away" and becomes completely flat when only a few meters away from the CLOSE CAMERA.

Hell, I wonder what would the Crysis jungle look like if it had been made by the EA sports team.

Oh, and as usual, the player's necks and heads are always twisted in strange positions.

Last edited:

Looks like if you're a PC gamer you have no other choice but to stick with PES, which is quite a shame. Why EA didn't bother to make the PC version on par with the consoles version I have no idea, all they did was up the gfx and add a few different controlling methods.

Probably because its difficult to scale down all the computational shit behind the seamless animations, AI and other stuff, down to a lowest specced-rig

Well I'll be Damned! They fixed the nets!!! they actually listened...

Wow! I am very impressed. Thanks EA for listening, thanks so much for fixing the nets and making this game be damn near perfect. I can't wait to get my hands on this beauty.

Also, your right SXFuzz, I am a bit disappointed that the Camp Nou doesn't have it's appropriate goal/nets. Maybe EA will listen again and change this, if not, I am fine with it since they finally fixed what I've always asked for, nets and response times.

Roll on Fifa09!!!

lol, xbox owners only have very small details to complain about, like the camp nou's nets.

Seen the PC screenshots again.
Exclusive FIFA 09 PC feature: No untucked shirts! wohooooooo!

In one of the most recent official EA trailers they show the game from the perspective of a couple different players but I remember I think watching Rosicky and in the trailer there was snow falling. I don't think they'd put that in an official trailer if it weren't in the game, but then again you never know.

And thanks for the quick reply sweetkilla.

there will be snow in the game I just didn't toggle with any settings so its not fact just Word of Mouth will look for this today

sweetkilla,

if you get a chance can you try saving a replay from the pause menu and see if you have the option of saving to disk?

Cheers
Shooto

not possible this was confirmed a while back by EA and Placebo that we probably will never see it in fifa game's as they keep trying to push EASportsWorld idiots!

lol, xbox owners only have very small details to complain about, like the camp nou's nets.

Seen the PC screenshots again.
Exclusive FIFA 09 PC feature: No untucked shirts! wohooooooo!

I have seen the PC version running it looks really good but the gameplay wrank

Last edited:

Do we know if you can assign stadiums to teams this year. I want to play as Everton but refuse to play 90% of all my games in the same friggin stadium.

I predict that i already know the answer though!!.

I like video 8 of the EASW videos where the striker is through, then shapes to place it in the far corner, but actually outwits the goalie and slots it in the near post :)).

Guys, I've been watching these PC videos on Youtube for the past few days. It's an interview with one of the main dudes, talking through all the new PC features, and it has some good gameplay scenes as well as some nice close-ups.

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P94qPufPxE

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xDxeIinerU

I think it looks great. Graphics are very nice, maybe not as good as the console versions, but perfectly acceptable (and better than Pro Evo!)

Sweetkilla, what's wrong with the PC version's gameplay? I would obviously need to try it out, but it LOOKS like it plays really well?

Probably because its difficult to scale down all the computational shit behind the seamless animations, AI and other stuff, down to a lowest specced-rig
seriously who gvie a fuck about low spec pc's pc games need to move forward. you can pretty much pick up a dell gaming pc for £500 that has a 8800GT which is capable of running ANY game except crysis without breaking a sweat. gone are teh days where you needed a £1000 pc/£300 graphics card to play the latest games. EA are just fucking lazy to the extreme. they could have easily made the pc version of fifa on par with the ps3/360 versions. EA dont have a single excuse. pathetic. yet again EA give pc users the big FUCK U to us. at least konami are trying in the pc front.

yeah, can't wait :)

You might be waiting a while, currently uploading to youtube at about 40kb/s, what utter, utter, utter shit that site is these days.

Be glad when FSB moves to the new version so we can actually change to a video host that provides decent performance.

You might be waiting a while, currently uploading to youtube at about 40kb/s, what utter, utter, utter shit that site is these days.

Be glad when FSB moves to the new version so we can actually change to a video host that provides decent performance.

I can't view youtube anyway :D
a Filecoast-Mirror would be appreciated :)

yeah yeah johhny. it's the fucking lazy EA! they got the money we pay them to buy the game,use it to make it as par as console. KONAMI can do it why can't they? even at least almost identical to console version. but now it's far from football game..it's just bunch of monkeys on the field chasing a ball... =(

yeah yeah johhny. it's the fucking lazy EA! they got the money we pay them to buy the game,use it to make it as par as console. KONAMI can do it why can't they? even at least almost identical to console version. but now it's far from football game..it's just bunch of monkeys on the field chasing a ball... =(
exactly. fucking pathetic if you ask me. guess PES09 is the one to get for my pc. £18 in play.com and will have kitserver and other mods in there. im even going to make some mods for it myself.

i will wait and see if the online works this time on PES09

BTW did you noticed how the 3d grass "fades away" and becomes completely flat when only a few meters away from the CLOSE CAMERA

This happens in PES2008 also. Would be nice if they could manage to find an easy way to render the 3d grass that doesn't require you do fade it away so close to the camera.

dont you think that the nets are a bit better on PC looking at the wowlman video ??

and why in the consoles there are 4 strings holding the net and in the PC only 2 :( that means they could be metal cages again :|

no i don't think so. the nets still looks pathetic to me. it's like a concrete wall.even myself, i have 88gt,i don't think it will make the game feels much much more fantastic and impressive. *sigh* why EA why? PES2009 does look nice graphically but it still gave me that pes2008 feeling even when looking at the gameplay,while fifa with EA lazy excuse. gotta start saving money buying a console myself. =)

Business wise it makes sense not to offer their best product on the pc platform, most ppl download the games off torrents and warez sites anyways.

I always have pro and fifa on my pc, i cant remember the last time i bought them on PC, maybe 2002 but i still play them for free on PC

I just dnt buy software pc, hell no

Console with recieve more attention bcos thats where the money

EA are not being lazy, they just dnt care

Business wise it makes sense not to offer their best product on the pc platform, most ppl download the games off torrents and warez sites anyways.

I always have pro and fifa on my pc, i cant remember the last time i bought them on PC, maybe 2002 but i still play them for free on PC

I just dnt buy software pc, hell no

Console with recieve more attention bcos thats where the money

EA are not being lazy, they just dnt care
that's a stupid reason to ditch the pc version because we all now that many online games CANNOT be played online using a pirated copy. not many pirated pes08 and 06 on the pc because peopple wanted to play online and cant with a pirated copy.

business wise they can dominate the pc gaming scene if they wanted to, it doesnt take alot of effort to port the 360 version to teh pc because after all, the game was made ON A PC. try making a 360 game on the 360's controller :LOL:

my main point is that EA are missing out on some profit that they can easily make in the pc front. with the announcement of a £300 fine if caught downloading games, not many would be brave enough to download such content mate. Ahh well its EA'S loss because now they wont make a single penny with there piss poor PC game. might as well not make one at all

indeed johnny. it make gamers to just download the game rather than buying it since it's not a worth of money on it. if people wanna blame why gamers download games rather than buying it,blame EA. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom