FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

Anyone knows if will have some reaction of the crownd when a goal is scored?

Apparently fans of side scored against sit down when they concede, someone mentioned that in a comment on one of our youtube vids apparently :)

@ Placebo, thanx for all your work on the vids mate, much appreciated. :DD

No problem, I live to serve :)

Jonney, pre-ordering also means you're likely to get the game a day or two before it's out in the shops too.

Jonney, pre-ordering also means you're likely to get the game a day or two before it's out in the shops too.

yea sometimes and sometimes you get it late too or the dumb postman forgets to post it to you as they was too lazy to knock on your door.:CRY:

Anyone know how long the 360 demo halves will be?

And thanks Placebo for your work :)).

There are more press releases to come during/after leipzig some ''big'' announcements!

so guys you can pretty much guarantee EA Sports League right now! is been added

There are more press releases to come during/after leipzig some ''big'' announcements!

so guys you can pretty much guarantee EA Sports League right now! is been added

PLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEE

and yes i am shouting that

hope so mate, really do!

That arse-che vid was nice to see the comp get dirty. Maybe they have increased the nastiness when having the grudge matches (liv-eve/manu-liv/etc). That would be good. Those are all a bit flat atm.

yeh, that's actually a good idea. grudge matches should be full of hearty challenges. they should include a cinematic where all the players pile in on the particularly bad tackle. hehe

Going on the current video's I have watched, i'd go as far as saying the speed for a football game is inch perfect in FIFA 09.

The flow of the game and the build up of passing is wonderful.

However I still worry that the lower league team's will still feel the same. The only difference between the whole of League One last season, was the speed of Jermaine Beckford for Leeds, every other player felt the same, regardless of there stature in real life.

If EA have the rights to the football league surely more time should be spent on developing a good simulation for the supporters of the 72 clubs in the Football League.

Last edited:

Allright, so where are you guys buying/pre-ordering FIFA09 from?

What's the best deal right now, and what shops usually have/send the game earlier?

Suggestions welcome, as I feel it's time to make my pre-order... :)

I tried several shops but lately i´ve been ordering from Game.uk and it takes 2 days to arrive to Lisbon!!! You can add some voucher discounts too :D

2 minutes
Fucks sake. Fucking retards, what's the point of 2 minutes per fucking half :brick:. I only asked because it didn't specify for the PS3/360 versions, whereas the PC demo clearly stated 2 minutes. Just wishful thinking I guess :((.

I thought that was the CPU being dirty in the Chelsea video! Hopefully they aren't always doing inch perfect tackles and the refs will actually give some fouls against them.

I noticed in a replay of the foul you can actually see the referee putting the whistle to his mouth to blow up for the foul :)).

I can't believe the COM still never do any tricks, really bad. And the fact that only one player from each team can try to take the ball still ruins this game. In almost every video where a goal is scored you can see this scripted shit. One of the latest videos has a goal from a corner where a player scores from short range. There is a defender that could just take the ball but it's locked on another player so it's an easy and unrealistic goal for the attacker. No one complains about this so I guess it will be in FIFA games for years to come... really hate it.

Fucks sake. Fucking retards, what's the point of 2 minutes per fucking half :brick:. I only asked because it didn't specify for the PS3/360 versions, whereas the PC demo clearly stated 2 minutes. Just wishful thinking I guess :((.

I thought that was the CPU being dirty in the Chelsea video! Hopefully they aren't always doing inch perfect tackles and the refs will actually give some fouls against them.

I noticed in a replay of the foul you can actually see the referee putting the whistle to his mouth to blow up for the foul :)).

2 mins is only the PC version, 360 is minimum 4 x 4 mins but we are waiting for confirmation.

i read the demo would be online enabled which i was quite suprised by

i take it that is not true then?

2 mins is only the PC version, 360 is minimum 4 x 4 mins but we are waiting for confirmation.

I agree 2 minutes a half is just silly, why they can't give people a proper play through in the demo is beyond me. 4 minutes seems pretty reasonable, although I'd prefer if they'd just let us play a 10 or 15 minute game.

Where do you order from in the UK Airjoca? Depending on the version I'll be getting (ps3 vs 360) I might have to do that just to have english language.

Well, so far i've ordered from Gameplay, Game, Play and Shopto. They were all pretty much equivalent, but if one of them usually has stock and ships games earlier I'd like to know, especially because the release date is a friday, I dread the thought of spending the weekend without FIFA09... :(

Back
Top Bottom