FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

That's really nice to see. It seems as though many of the flaws in 08 have really been ironed out in this game.

And as Gameklip said, this does look a lot of fun!

That's really nice to see. It seems as though many of the flaws in 08 have really been ironed out in this game.

And as Gameklip said, this does look a lot of fun!
Yeah, it's great to see that EA seem to have taken on board what was wrong with the game and put a lot of work in to fixing those things, as well as improving other areas and adding loads of features, unlike other companies who make football games...

These people are bound to be playing on all assisted controls, so I can't imagine just how realistic and fun it is going to be when it is all manual, giving you the freedom to do whatever you want :)).

There's so many things to do in the game it seems - Random offline matches, tournaments/leagues, Manager mode, Be a Pro career, messing around in the arena, random online games, 10v10 online, online leagues, interactive leagues etc...

october's too far for me:((
And me, I WANT IT NOW!!! :-pp

yeah

every league has a different scoreboard :D

so in friendlies if its arsenal v barca then you get the england design, if its barca v arsenal you get the spanish design

I hope we can get rid of the custom celebration thing popping up... Apart from that not looking too shabby, just need to know if there are any changes to the manager side of things...

I remember mr. rutter saying something along the lines of "next year". This year they got Fifa08 and actually listened to the community to fix the gameplay faults (it's still not perfect, but looks to be a valiant effort).

I really hope they can rejuvenate management mode. It's a mode that is just begging for some TLC.

for example, for big games they could get some sky sports style hype before them. Starwars (new episode) theme tune over the tannoy? mascot costume. players holding some lucky kids hand on the way out the tunnel?

and that's only the visual side. what about finals at Wembley and semi's at Cardiff? what about injuries? etc etc

hey guys just checked out the goals on EAFW see if any of them were mine and what do you know goal no.4 and 5

dunno if you guys notice in goal no.5 my player stretching for the ball amazing! those new things add so much realism to the game!

Nice one Sweetkilla i guess its uploading videos of goals automatically then.

Hopefully be able to view them in bigger size soon but looks good especially number 4. :))

Sweetkilla did you see the speed slider? I know Rutter hinted they make take it out :(

the speed slider was in the game but not in the front of the game I actually had to go to the main game settings but I never changed it and left it as normal which I think is perfect after playing the game for a good 10 hours now

I got a couple of PM questions about why there are no licenses on certain kits sorry I don't know the answer to that my only guess is they are getting added now on the main build...

The goal at video 4 here is something that has been missing from FIFA 08, a powerful shot into the far corner.

http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB

Very impressive, as are most of the other videos on that page.

That United v Chelsea video looks great too, this game is going to be awesome :)).

Goal 3 is interesting too. Far corner :)

Goal 6 shows that headers are more powerful.

It's offical now, this game will rule. Probably the only problem will be the AI. But online that won't be a problem.

One thing that is irritating the hell out of me, if a player picks up a knock, picks himself up off the floor and has the + sign next to his name surely he should be hobbling a little and trying to shake it off.

Yet we still see players running as if nothing ever happened?

I even think they should include a feature where if the player tries to run it off and cant shake it off (ie. strains,hamstring pulls etc.) there should be an option that flashes up in a dead ball sitution to subsitute him.

The realism of an injured player would feel so much better.

easw vids are great but need binoculars to see them. Hope thats not what its gonna be like after the games released and we upload. Please EA, let us save to our harddrives....PLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEE!!!!!!
Goal 4 was top draw. Sweet strike into the top corner.

Please EA, let us save to our harddrives....PLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEE!!!!!!

I've been playing a lot of Madden NFL 09 and you can save replays locally in that game. When the game has finished you can go to replay gallery in the main menu and upload them to EA sports world from there.

This is how it should be done in all EA Sports games, so why not FIFA?

lol, i showed my mate earlier and with the size of the EA world clips he thought it was real. hehe

jamie: yeah it would be great to see the actual effects of an injured player.

i'm sure these will come with refinements to the engine (along with individual run styles etc).

Sweetkilla, did you see my question? Don't want to be asking it again if you are working your way through them ;)

Hey guys, could any of you point me to some clips where there is a good piece of skill or dribbling in 09?

Got to say the game looks visually mighty impressive

Tnx for the effort Sweetkilla, youre probably already gone now but I have a question;

What versions did you play, ps3/360? And if you only played the ps3 version how does it look? Less jaggies?

PS3 version I just like to state 360 controls as thats what I play more

Was it your last day today Sweetkilla or are you going everyday until Monday. ?

What was your best moment today and did you see any new stuff animations etc.

i think im being converted, some of these videos are mind boggling

Having said that ive just never got on with the controls

Back
Top Bottom