FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

Out of those leagues, the Premier League is the only one I am bothered about having up to date with this thing anyway.

I take it that they will still release a transfer update after the January window for all the other teams anyway?

Yes, it's been confirmed that January transfer updates and the like will take place as usual and be free for all.

I'd like to add I'm the only one who has asked sweetkilla for his permission to reproduce his article so far. :D

It is a great article though, it's certainly made me a lot more excited about the game.

I can't deny it.That gameplay vid looks outstanding.

I love my PES but this is now leap years ahead.Some of it looks real.I have noticedalso that there is a nice smooth transition from the ball hitting the net and the players wheeling away.

Fantastic, I admit it, it looks a damn fine game:COAT:

just saw the last vid. my goodness. so awesome.

the nets,
the speed,
the intricate play in the final third (FINALLY),
fast control,
shooting,
player models,
the EA Sports swish is sexy...

give me a demo!

Last edited:

That video does indeed look great. The gameplay and animations looks so smooth and even the nets look decent (even though they could be steel cages for all I care).

The only thing I don't like is those stupid advertisements on the grass besides the goal. More shameless self promotion from EA.

i hope this fifa will contain real font and number for a lot of team!!! they have a great licence but they dont use correctly!! more boot and ball!

The videos looks wonderful. More fun from FIFA this year.

Just one thing. I bloody hate the interactive celebrations. It's a terrible feature.

Leipzig Day 1 videos are up on EA site small box to view though. :((

http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB

Check video 4! you can't tell em they've not fixed the nets!! omg that looks sick.

my one complaint is that the ball hits the post and comes right back into play WAY to often across all the vids i've seen... hope it's just a coincidence. i'd like to see a few shots grazing the post too.

Last edited:

Check video 4! you can't tell em they've not fixed the nets!! omg that looks sick.

my one complaint is that the ball hits the post and comes right back into play WAY to often across all the vids i've seen... hope it's just a coincidence. i'd like to see a few shots grazing the post too.

I love the way the nets keep moving after the ball has dropped to the ground, it does look alot better than the previous nets.

Don't be so vein.

They'd crack anyway.

In other news, I'm not going to pay for any other leagues to be updated. As long as transfers are sorted, form doesn't interest me too much (and certainly not enough to warrant paying for it).

The gameplay looks more fluid than previous titles, the game flows how it should, difficult to express what I mean, but im sure you get the gist.

As for the graphics, I couldn't give a toss, gameplay first everything else second, although the lighting seems a lot lot better (fingers crossed for the night games under floodlights!).

omg at rooney move in the beginning lol but it would fit more with ronaldo.

is this a move you do with the stick?(in 08)

great vid only too bad that the attackers still hesitate when a ball is in the air for example at 1.20 where tevez should just go full on with the ball

Last edited:

yeh, i love how neville is flapping his hands for offside. man this game looks fun.

The goal at video 4 here is something that has been missing from FIFA 08, a powerful shot into the far corner.

http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB

Very impressive, as are most of the other videos on that page.

That United v Chelsea video looks great too, this game is going to be awesome :)).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom