FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

@Sweetkilla:

Any info on new stadiums?:TU:

While I was scrolling through the stadiums there were just some randomed names ones sorry the closest looking one to another stadiumf was called England 1 and it looked like Goodison park

and another italin 1 that looked like a rubbish african stadium

Sweetkilla: I know that you told us stuff about goalkeepers but I don't think you have answered this question: Are the goalkeepers still too good in saving shots perfectly aimed at the corner? Or is it easier to score that way now?

not to sure to be honest its definetly not like Euro where the goalies sucked up everything that came at them but sometimes in 09 I scored a scorcher and other times the keeper saved it thats the kind of thing that needs a good 10 hours + to take notice of which by the 23rd I will have :)

i've only seen 2 gameplay vids out there so far. both look sterling. the trailer looks very good but they've clearly ignored rooneys receeding hairline :lol:

in the arsenal v barca vid on gamersyde you can see on one of the free kicks the player has a huge swing at the ball. looks great.

adebayors goal looks so life-like. his giraffe legs adjesting to awkward shot very well. (btw the net looks very close to the net in Pro Evo on that shot. infact, dare i say it, it looks a bit more life-like cause it's not as fluid).

i cannot wait!!

not to sure to be honest its definetly not like Euro where the goalies sucked up everything that came at them but sometimes in 09 I scored a scorcher and other times the keeper saved it thats the kind of thing that needs a good 10 hours + to take notice of which by the 23rd I will have :)

Well, if you scored goals that you couldn't score in Euro 08, it's already a lot better :)

The game sounds very impressive :) Cant wait to play it.

The only thing that I am not too confident about is the keepers, but they seem to be better than on 08 from what I have seen :)).

the nets actually look pretty realistic they move more than in 08 but they are still pretty tight which is good

the nets actually look pretty realistic they move more than in 08 but they are still pretty tight which is good

could be better but I am not one of those that is fussed those who are majorly fussed really should be playing PES

For those who've played it, how's the speed compared to FIFA08? I personally thought it was perfect in 08 and it was just the response speed that needed changing, but it looks from the videos sped up :(

sweetkilla, sorry to bother you with questions like this one, buuuuut, did you see the Pato stats and his ingame style? :pray:

Thx for the effort! Great job!

no I didn't sorry haven't been up against A.C yet think I will use em tomorrow now though.

I will be back tomorrow after playing PES2009 :P

Thanks for the insight sweetkilla! As Chris said you really are a credit to Evo-Web buddy.

I'll look forward to your analysis of PES aswell, but from what I can gather FIFA is set to be fantastic this year.

A quick update for the guys wanting clarification on the features of Live Season in FIFA 09: CLICK HERE

It also confirms that Live Season does not affect manager mode.

damn it one thing I forgot to say guys the dummy feature was in the game you could let the ball run past you :)

how did you manage that move? is that like the supercancel?

have you noticed if the supercancel is more effective than in 08?

such as stopping an attackers scripted run after the ball while he is in an offside position

cheers

sweetkilla's impressions are everywhere from GAF to operation sports.

so awesome :D

how did you manage that move? is that like the supercancel?

have you noticed if the supercancel is more effective than in 08?

such as stopping an attackers scripted run after the ball while he is in an offside position

cheers

yeah supercancel is more effective and players respond to it alot more but not everytime

And the dummy move I mean been able to let the ball go through your legs and I don't know exactly I am afraid I will be looking at the controller config today and report back :)

sweetkilla I have a question about the shooting that hopefully you may have come across while playing. Can you really hit volleys sweetley in Fifa09? For example connecting really well with the ball and getting some real power in them, I never did like the feel of the first time shots in Fifa08.
thanks

sweetkilla I have a question about the shooting that hopefully you may have come across while playing. Can you really hit volleys sweetley in Fifa09? For example connecting really well with the ball and getting some real power in them, I never did like the feel of the first time shots in Fifa08.
thanks

Yes you can this is an aspect of the game that has been improved of course you still need to time it to perfection but when you do this time you really do get power and accurracy behind it, which was few and far between in fifa 08 that is no longer the case I am happy to say!

if you have any questions please post them here in the next hour so I can check if they are in the game for you guys cheers!

Thanks mate - in terms of the general feel of gameplay how different would you say it is to Euro 2008?

And of course the one question that everyone is waiting for after you have played PES2009 - the comparison hehe =)

If people want that I guess I will give pes 2009 a couple of hours of my time :) and make a comparison article too, lol which I am sure will open up debate war lol

it is very different to Euro 2008 as far as I am concerned I didn't like the game at all I played over 200 games on it but 150 of them been on Captain your country says it all really. They took all the things I loved from fifa 08 long range shots/goals and fluidity in passing etc it was more responsive but parts of the game felt broken and I honestly preffered pes6 on the 360 to Euro 2008... they really did take all the fun out of the game!

I dunno why I just didn't like it. FIFA 09 is really alot more like 08.

Last edited:

Great - thanks for that sweetkilla - Euro 2008 had something missing (besides clubs), cant quite put my finger on it. I can see a comparison article getting a lot of attention and debate going but hopefully all in good spirit and heart.

Back
Top Bottom