FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

I played before against a 3-and-a-half star team I'm 1 and-a-half star and it was awful, I scored early but after that he dominated me, his players were so much faster and more powerful and in the end he won.

Don't think I'll waste any ms points on this, sooner or later the fun will wear off.

I enjoyed it at the start cos the kids cant play with the rubbish players when everyone's 1 and-a-half star.

i beat a 5 star team with my 1 and a half it felt so good was like a fa cup match just keeping it tight at the back and hitting them on the break. i think the top star teams underate the small teams so u can surprise them

I actually think its the chemistry, most of them just pack in the "Stars" even if they have good players suitable for the position but pick the bigger name.

How do you guys combat the CPU constantly pressing and shutting you down as soon as you get the ball? My forwards aren't fast enough to hit them on the counter as they're playing really high defensive lines so it just becomes mayhem in the middle of the pitch as I can't ever seem to get passed the CPU.

Thats what I wanna know, most matches end up low scoring (0-0, 1-0) scraps with little 'football' played compared to real life (or even PES).

I play on 'Pro' and have most controls on Semi, long ball and through ball on manual.

Seems Semi-Pro is too easy and Pro too hard - I need a semi-semi pro :LOL:

Thanks for that Tim, I tried that and was able to play my brother to a thrilling 0-0 draw haha. Glad there's a workaround for that. Just don't understand why there has to be workarounds at all.

Played a tourney, beat a 5 star team with my two star team 4-0!!! but... there was no team difference modifier!! what gives? lost in the second round to a 4 star team in extra time 2-1, I could have easily won it in normal time but for some crucial misses. Team is quite feisty for a two star :)

I just lost 5 vs 1 to an assisted fucker online and one of their goals included that fucking half way line shot. The keeper was backtracking and watching the flight of the ball yet the stupid idiot isn't aware of where he is on the pitch and he catches the ball after he has crossed the line. :CURSE:

I pray that filters are included in FIFA 2010. :PRAY:

Potentially Revolutionary Idea - Hubbub

Hubbub

I reckon there is a potentially revolutionary idea for FIFA 2010, which can be trialled in 09. If you can add BAP to 08, UT to 09, then theoretically you should be able to add hubs to 09 still. It’s a hotpotch from what is a general community concern, the ease of all assisted play and a wish for more categorized control setting match ups, and in my opinion, separate rankings.

Split Fifa online into 3 hubs. As soon as you sign into fifa online, you have a choice of entering 3 hubs. Assisted, semi/manual combo, manual. Each hub has its own ranking, so you get assisted, semi/manual combo, manual rankings. Unranked matches would also match you up with your hub control setting. Maybe the Assisted hub would be set to fast speed, semi/manual hub set to normal speed, manual hub set to slow speed. Those who want an arcade game online enter the former, those who want a realistic simulation enter the latter, and those who want something in between go for the middle one. If you want to change your control scheme, you sign out and into a different hub.

Some could say it restricts freedom, e.g. “what if I use assisted for this, semi for that, manual for this?” To me it doesn’t. Assisted controls should be in their own category, they make the game easy, are really suited to beginners, and are easy to abuse as we already see in fifa online. Intermediate players should really be using semi and then moving to all manual if they wish to or have the ability. A lot of people don't really need assisted, they are good enough to move up, but they don’t because with assisted you can play with little thought, ping pong it about and win more easily to move up the rankings.

This would bring a lot of players back to fifa online who have quit due to it being one dimensional, i.e. mainly being suited to the assisted arcade side. It isn't snobbish and elitist, but actually flexible enough to cater for differing gamers. Categorizing the game like this would revolutionize online play IMO.

Re: Potentially Revolutionary Idea - Hubbub

Hubbub

I reckon there is a potentially revolutionary idea for FIFA 2010, which can be trialled in 09. If you can add BAP to 08, UT to 09, then theoretically you should be able to add hubs to 09 still. It’s a hotpotch from what is a general community concern, the ease of all assisted play and a wish for more categorized control setting match ups, and in my opinion, separate rankings.

Split Fifa online into 3 hubs. As soon as you sign into fifa online, you have a choice of entering 3 hubs. Assisted, semi/manual combo, manual. Each hub has its own ranking, so you get assisted, semi/manual combo, manual rankings. Unranked matches would also match you up with your hub control setting. Maybe the Assisted hub would be set to fast speed, semi/manual hub set to normal speed, manual hub set to slow speed. Those who want an arcade game online enter the former, those who want a realistic simulation enter the latter, and those who want something in between go for the middle one. If you want to change your control scheme, you sign out and into a different hub.

Some could say it restricts freedom, e.g. “what if I use assisted for this, semi for that, manual for this?” To me it doesn’t. Assisted controls should be in their own category, they make the game easy, are really suited to beginners, and are easy to abuse as we already see in fifa online. Intermediate players should really be using semi and then moving to all manual if they wish to or have the ability. A lot of people don't really need assisted, they are good enough to move up, but they don’t because with assisted you can play with little thought, ping pong it about and win more easily to move up the rankings.

This would bring a lot of players back to fifa online who have quit due to it being one dimensional, i.e. mainly being suited to the assisted arcade side. It isn't snobbish and elitist, but actually flexible enough to cater for differing gamers. Categorizing the game like this would revolutionize online play IMO.

Something along those lines would be perfect, the assisted noobs can play on their own so we get rid of them. I'm not sure about the game speed settings though, as that can differ between manual players and the ranked games should probably all be the same. Unranked on the other hand maybe should have the same options, but also a "All" option if you don't care and is fine with whoever to play against.

Guys, I m playing a Manager Mode with Liverpool and I want to select the second captain, so if Gerrard gets injured and i have to take him out the captain can be Xabi Alonso ( I hate Carragher), is there any possibillity to do this ? I´ve been looking and didnt find this option anywhere.

Guys, I m playing a Manager Mode with Liverpool and I want to select the second captain, so if Gerrard gets injured and i have to take him out the captain can be Xabi Alonso ( I hate Carragher), is there any possibillity to do this ? I´ve been looking and didnt find this option anywhere.

No but you can easily make the change yourself if you have min one sub left.

So imagine Gerrard is injured and you have to take him off, sub in say Benayoun but not for Gerrard, sub Alonso with Benayoun, then Alonso with Gerrard, then just swap Benayoun and Alonso to be in the right positions, Alonso will be the captain and it only costs you one sub as normal.

Hello

somebody can tell me how i can save replays(x36) from game .

How i can send my replays on easports site ? I have silver account and orginal game.

It's been sent off this morning, so it's in the hands of the iTunes guys now. You can still listen to it and download it via the links HERE.

Some of you guys should join the forums, it's like a ghost town on the FIFA side at the moment!

I dunno, I've completely lost my way with online on this years' game.

I saw FIFA 09 Clubs on it and don't get what the hell that is.

Plus joining a team on the BAP mode, but don't have a clue whether you need to create a new player or what.

Single player BAP mode you can create a player for or you can use a normal player.

Online BAP you don't create a player for - you have to choose a player that already plays for the team. (So you can't play with your created player)

You should play a good few games on single player first, before you go online with BAP as it takes a bit of getting used to.

It's been sent off this morning, so it's in the hands of the iTunes guys now. You can still listen to it and download it via the links HERE.

Some of you guys should join the forums, it's like a ghost town on the FIFA side at the moment!

Good stuff CB!

15i2cs4.gif

Last edited:
On Manager mode ive been playing it for 3-4 seasons and im considering joining Milan, Most of Milans players are in their early 30's when you start the game so im guessing do they all retire and get replaced with kids or do they get replaced with generic 80-90 players?

Matherto if you want to join a BAP team you should look to join JM's I'll send a invite if you want :))

Man CW you almost made it sound like BAPS was good enough as is and no need to improve. I think they should make it way more involving than it is now. Right now it's just play game, back to menu, play game and so on. They need to somehow make you feel like you're in a football professional simulator. Add optional stuff like training (to gain exp), some sort of relationship with the manager/players and so on.

You did say they need to make it more deep though so I hope EA gets it.

And personally I would like it to be so that if you shoot a lot of good shots in matches (and in training) you will gain points to add to it. So if you play without ever doing any headers you shouldn't be able to improve it. Same with skills and so on. This way your way of playing the game will be reflected in the player, much more realistic.

You tell him Gab :DD. He did a shit job and let us all down. Where on earth did you get that 8 out of 10 teams play decent football from!?!?!?!?!? I'd say 8 out of 10 were assisted cunts.

The different Bundesliga scoreboard has not appeared since the UT update.

Also all the audio is now in English, regardless of the league your playing in.

Back
Top Bottom