FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

Just had a thought, is there anything to stop PS3 users from just downloading someones roster with the updated stats? PS3 users can use other save files anyway, and this could be a workaround for it all to be updated.

Just had a thought, is there anything to stop PS3 users from just downloading someones roster with the updated stats? PS3 users can use other save files anyway, and this could be a workaround for it all to be updated.

Only if EA lock the save files to your system like they do with rockband - im guessing the roster update will be done on a seperate save file though like the 'myteams' saves and that will be locked to the system/psn.

but that's just a guess

The paid stats will be applied for both surely, obviously you can't have both, and the guy who's paid needs to get what he paid for, plus it acts as an advertisement to the other guy who thinks "maybe I should pay for those stats"...

Not sure if I will be paying for it but it's something I was really looking forward to, my favourite moment of the week is watching Match of the Day and playing FIFA immediately afterwards, it would add a whole new level for me...
do you have to pay for the one in the NBA09 game?

My data editing contact at EA has confirmed that this new Live Season gubbins is separate from free October/January updates which will continues as normal :)

He sent me this link: http://www.fifa09.ea.com/uk/readnews/entryid/25176 which may or may not have more info about it.

Says about free trial for league of your choice for 2008-2009 season that will do me im interested in hearing pricing of this.

Anyone tempted to go the French 2nd division for their free trial, just to see how many players they actually update each week? Mange Tout!

If the keepers are like 08, it will remove so much from the experience. Its just annoying when you know you can't score certain goals due to goalies ALWAYS saving in those positions or you always scoring because you know the goalie will never save certain shots.

Any1 seen any good info about set pieces? Just curious since those have been quite shit in both FIFA and PES series. PES series at least tryed something new last addition(with ability to push some players up in corners). Since set pieces are one of the most important situations in whole game nowadays they should REALLY make them a lot better. You should be able to at least pick players to go up in corners/free kicks, etc.

If the keepers are like 08, it will remove so much from the experience. Its just annoying when you know you can't score certain goals due to goalies ALWAYS saving in those positions or you always scoring because you know the goalie will never save certain shots.

Agree. But there are signs that they are changed.

Anyone tempted to go the French 2nd division for their free trial, just to see how many players they actually update each week? Mange Tout!

Yeah, since their scouting have been quite bad outside "star players"/"star teams" I wouldn't be too thrilled about this feature.

My data editing contact at EA has confirmed that this new Live Season gubbins is separate from free October/January updates which will continues as normal :)

He sent me this link: http://www.fifa09.ea.com/uk/readnews/entryid/25176 which may or may not have more info about it.
Something confuses me about that article:

Gamers with Xbox Live or PSN subscriptions will have access to one league of their choice for a free trial from the moment they activate it to the end of the 2008-2009 season.

That would suggest I can choose one league and get free updates all the way through the season, with additional league updates costing money.

If that's the case, I would be over the moon, because I would only want the English league updating anyway! But surely they wouldn't do that, because very few would want more than one league surely when you can settle for one league being updated, for free?

(Unless they mean one division, rather than one league/country, in which case I'd still be okay with it - Premier League for me, I could do Tranmere's changes myself and they are the only team I'd be arsed about below the top-flight)

Last edited:

What if a big name player gets seriously injured & has to stop for months? lol.
There's a few theories at the moment...

A) The downloadable databases will only apply online

B) You'll be able to choose between the starting database, with no injuries, and the downloadable one - e.g. when starting a manager mode you don't want your key player injured

C) The updates won't actually make the players injured, it will just move them to the reserves

(Unless they mean one division, rather than one league/country, in which case I'd still be okay with it - Premier League for me, I could do Tranmere's changes myself and they are the only team I'd be arsed about below the top-flight)

As i read the press release it talks about the Barclays Premiership, La Liga, Serie A etc as being updated not the country anyway so looks like Tranmere wouldn't be included in this.

As i read the press release it talks about the Barclays Premiership, La Liga, Serie A etc as being updated not the country anyway so looks like Tranmere wouldn't be included in this.
That's brilliant then, I only ever use Premier League teams. :D

Yeah, you can choose one of the top leagues (as they are the only ones that get updated) and that gets updated for free. Extra leagues cost money.

Thats fine by me, more curious to see which elements of single player get effected by it tbh. But like winston said, the majority of stats dont have a big effect on players anyway (nowhere near pes) so its unlikely we will see a big difference.

i have a feeling that not only will fifa dominate teh console's for footy sim but also the pc's too

Hey guys back at my hotel I played fifa 09 for a good 4 hours today I also got to play the game behind closed doors!

If you have any questions feel free to ask I will make a write up tonight as I am gonna relax for a couple of hours and don't mind answering questions during that time period.

All I will say is its a very good improvement from fifa 08 but their are still some things that annoy me but will go into depth with that in a few hours

Hey guys back at my hotel I played fifa 09 for a good 4 hours today I also got to play the game behind closed doors!

If you have any questions feel free to ask I will make a write up tonight as I am gonna relax for a couple of hours and don't mind answering questions during that time period.

All I will say is its a very good improvement from fifa 08 but their are still some things that annoy me but will go into depth with that in a few hours
hehe nice one. can you confirm if fifa has the revolutionary be a pro online season mode that was announced for ea's hockey game where you create your own player and level up the more you play and join different teams etc like a proper league?

Cool. I hope those things that annoy you don't have to do with goalies, shooting or tricks :-pp

All I got told was that there are still some announcements to be made but that could mean anything one would hope it is that EA sports league and I was hugely disappointed that it wasn't announced today instead they decided to announce FIFA live... which is nothing compared to what ea sports league could offer to fifa gamers! (my opinion of course as I am a big be a pro fan)

haha I am writing it now mate :) its gonna be quite long and may be full of comprehension errors but it will be my opinion :) and it will give you a hint of what to expect I hope! should be done in an hour or so

Back
Top Bottom