FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

So where is the revolutionary feature? If its this Live Season thing I will be annoyed. I was expecting EA Sports League.

Placebo, can you mirror the trailers please? I can't access the GameTrailers videos in work :((

Cheers Placebo :DANCE:

No news on this exclusive PS3 mode then?

Exclusive PS3 Feature: FIWC being built into the game. So can track progress, play games etc through the game rather than be so website reliant.

I think the live season feature is great, but should be optional. I assume that it won't happen in Manager Mode, or else we could no longer 'power up' our young players.
As for exhibition/other modes - I think it should just give you the option at the kit select screen: Original Teams or Live Season Teams

It would stop the Barca/Man Utd people online if those teams sucked :)

Thought the trailer looked good but some animations in the gameplay don't look right.

Drogba is placing the ball into the corner but he BARELY brings his foot back yet the ball flies with a lot more power than his foot action implies.

told you guys LOL (about the PS exclusive game mode)

it wont add much to a game

The ball physics looks awful on numerous occassions during that trailer. I hope the in-game physics isn't so obviously scripted.

I love the idea of dynamic real-world data and analytics - i HAVE to have my games running up to date whatever they are - i hate playing a game that 2 weeks after release is out of date.

That's the main reason i can't touch a manager game because i just can't handle seeing the ai man utd sell off rooney, ronaldo and ferdinand to chelsea and replace them with some random players from who knows where.

It's a bit strange that's a ps3 exclusive - why can't they have it for the 360?

You're a miserable so and so aren't you Winston. ;) There is an ingame video why not look for yourself.

You're a miserable so and so aren't you Winston. ;) There is an ingame video why not look for yourself.

I had to double-take after that first save that Cech makes from Rooney when the ball spins up and then drops, it just looked so bad. I'm just surprised it looks so poor in a trailer, when they should be tarting it up to look perfect.

I'm sure it's going to be a great game but there's still a wiff of the bad old FIFA in the ball physics.

want to share some light on the bwin logo missing

here in germany our idiots in the parlament are forbidding private bet companies. thats why none bundelisga team has a bwin kit logo. in fifa08 there were no bwin logos on the kits in the german version too. (you had to switch your console to english to get them and to get the better english commentary). hence the GC is in germany its clear why there are no bwin logos

cheers

Yeah the trailer does have interesting animations, my guess would be trailer = hand animation, gameplay = mocap.

Yeah, the trailer animations and ball physics look separate from the actual game. I also reacted about the ballbehavior after the Rooney shot and goalie save, but it was obvious from that that it wasn't in-game.

Omg trailer awesome :DD

But anyway on to gameplay video seems there more control over placement of shots and i thought keepers looked ok up until last part.

Overall looks great cant wait for more videos :DD

Back
Top Bottom