FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

want to share some light on the bwin logo missing

here in germany our idiots in the parlament are forbidding private bet companies. thats why none bundelisga team has a bwin kit logo. in fifa08 there were no bwin logos on the kits in the german version too. (you had to switch your console to english to get them and to get the better english commentary). hence the GC is in germany its clear why there are no bwin logos

cheers

Phew!!! Thanks a lot for that :))

I recognized the missing carling logo too. in ther german version it was in. so it seems either version you choose - you always get some shit

want to share some light on the bwin logo missing

here in germany our idiots in the parlament are forbidding private bet companies. thats why none bundelisga team has a bwin kit logo. in fifa08 there were no bwin logos on the kits in the german version too. (you had to switch your console to english to get them and to get the better english commentary). hence the GC is in germany its clear why there are no bwin logos

cheers

Interesting, cheers.

Omg trailer awesome :DD

But anyway on to gameplay video seems there more control over placement of shots and i thought keepers looked ok up until last part.

Overall looks great cant wait for more videos :DD

Yeah i think in that incident the person controller that team took out their keeper (Y on the 360, triangle on the PS3) which totally messes up the Keeper

so i dont think you can blame it on EA or something :|

i am still awaiting the create a player offline and take him online in BAP? like nhl and nba 09

can we expect anymore announcements or is that it for the online modes?

i am sure they said 2 gameplay modes and one exclusive feature, that would mean one more mode to announce?

Last edited:

Live Season will be a paid-for service, but a free trial restricted to one of the leagues will be offered and run from activation through to the end of the season. Otherwise, subscription costs are unknown.

:TD:

I ain't paying for shit. I'm happy enough to play with what I'm given at launch. Used to that so not a biggy for me.
I generally play online so can't see it being taken into account there anyway. How can it if some people choose to use it and others don't?

what will happen if you have all the up to date stats while i don and we play eachother?
The paid stats will be applied for both surely, obviously you can't have both, and the guy who's paid needs to get what he paid for, plus it acts as an advertisement to the other guy who thinks "maybe I should pay for those stats"...

Not sure if I will be paying for it but it's something I was really looking forward to, my favourite moment of the week is watching Match of the Day and playing FIFA immediately afterwards, it would add a whole new level for me...

I'll be playing on-line almost exlcusively so I'll be interested to see how this unfolds. I won't be paying for some bods opinion of whose stats should go up/down on any given week. I can understand why some people would want that, but not at a fee.

If this causes a fracture in the on-line play (ie. you can only play against those with the same stat file, thus creating a 2-tier system of the haves and have-nots), then they'll immediately be putting at risk the best (only good) part of their game.

They're getting as good as Konami at breaking anything good they build.

I might add that, given the stats in FIFA have such a negligible effect on how each player actually plays, they have a heck of a nerve asking for money for updates that are subjective and essentially meaningless. They've really struck me on my cynical chord.

Then they'll immediately be putting at risk the best (only good) part of their game.

I don't agree 100% here with you winston. To me the best is offline multiplayer and specifically the controls, being the best sports game controls I've played to date, (Haven't played any NHL in the last years) even if they could be even better with 32 direction control of running and aiming, to say something.

Does this mean an end to start ofseason and mid season roster/stat updates for free?

They cant stop doing the free transfer window updates surely, people wouldn't like that at all if they did

I reckon they'll still give out the free January update.

I feel sorry for all the die hard PES fans I really do.

It's sad that they can't seem to nail the game on next gen consoles, when the PS2 versions were so bloody good.

Is there a subscription for this update stuff in NHL or NBA?
Haven't heard of there being one but haven't really looked into it.
Must say i am very surprised at this. EA must know that this will be extremely unpopular and at a time when they really could totally corner the football market this just strikes me as an absurd decision.

yup - if they gave us the ps2 versions with better graphics id be happy - i dont mind editing all the data myself (or downloading a save file).

i liked fifa last year but cant help shake the feeling ive done it all now and this years wont be worth buying really as it wont really offer anything amazing

Back
Top Bottom