FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

If you need "Canadian" points surely they'd be the same ones as US points? There's usually a couple of deals floating around for a reasonable price on US points

I'm not sure, you could be right but I will go check now if points from the US work for Canadians.

Edit: Just read this

the 1600 and 4000 points works only for US account, and the 1400 and 2800 points works only for Canadian account.

Edit Again:

http://www.maximuscards.com/cadpoints.php

This site sells Canadian points, I'll dig up some background on the site and I'll probably order from them if they accept paypal.

Last edited:
Absolutely gutted. Reached the final in the first tournament. Winning on manual/semi controls. Only to reach some fully assisted cunt in the final who beat me 2-0. Assisted needs to be taken out now.

Absolutely gutted. Reached the final in the first tournament. Winning on manual/semi controls. Only to reach some fully assisted cunt in the final who beat me 2-0. Assisted needs to be taken out now.

Assisted will always be there Stu but imo it shouldnt be the default settings

The commentary seems a bit different? they seem to say a few different things and get more excited when I get near the goal and have a chance?

I may just be imagining it :DD

Assisted will always be there Stu but imo it shouldnt be the default settings

I've got the same problem as you guys, allways play semi and it's totally unfair when you come against some kid who plays fully assisted.

It would probably be a simple thing to do for EA to put game searching for Semi controled games in, they allready included the manual one...

The commentary seems a bit different? they seem to say a few different things and get more excited when I get near the goal and have a chance?

I may just be imagining it :DD

Doesn't Ultimate Team have the 2nd english commentary guys Andy Townsend and Clive Tyldesley? Or did I dream it...

It does but the question is whether it's copy and paste from UEFA or if there's new stuff in there? Considering some stuff about it being a hotch potch team of players stuck together etc. there is definitely some that's new.

Chris, if I dont like that pack I get given at the start if I restart my 360 will it give me a new pack?

You can delete your team in one of the sub-menus and start again with a new deck ;)

Something like on TLAD where you can set options like friendly fire and auto-aim in the online settings would be good, so you never get matched up with people who use the settings you don't want to play with/against when searching for a quick match.

I said before, there are too many assisted twats for me to consider buying this DLC, and I seem to have been proven right judging by some of the posts in this thread...
The off-pitch stuff can be good but if when you get to play a match you only have the AI (which is too easy on Professional, too hard on World Class) or the typical online assisted twat to play... No thanks.

I played some twat who had a 5* team with Drogba,Henry,Senna,and just about every star you could think of,and with all of that in his favour the monkies cunt was still playing on auto..against a team 1+half star?? Silly twat.

Anyone recognise the pic?

whothatbe.jpg

Because it sure doesn't look like Sean McAllister of Sheffield Wednesday to me :(

0,,10304~3557130,00.jpg

seanmcallister.jpg

seanmcallistert.jpg

I played some twat who had a 5* team with Drogba,Henry,Senna,and just about every star you could think of,and with all of that in his favour the monkies cunt was still playing on auto..against a team 1+half star?? Silly twat.

Welcome to online Fifa, tis why I only play offline.......

Is it possible to use more than one gameplay card in a match without cancelling the first one?

Also some ppl have guests on, watch out for that

I hope they add things to this mode if they are going to implement it into the new series...

1) Viewing your friends trade pile
2) Setting your games up to play semi or less
3) Searching via buy it now, rating, in general more options.
4) Create leagues to play in, and cups

FUCK EA and Its entire staff

Incompetent buffoons

Winning a fianl 4-2 and no trophy

bcos of a shitty server

just got fifa on the 360 again - played a friendly and it is better than I remember (and dare I say, better than on PS3 - though i am playing on a bigger and nicer set up with my 360 than the PS3).

Anyway, hope to get back involved with some BAP with you guys and also just downloading the UT - though it is going slooooooow...

Can we swap cards in UT with each other? How does it work, do you win virtual money to buy the card packs with??

See y'all online soon!

Someone, please give me some advice before I throw my Xbox out the window. I'm getting really frustrated now, I'm going to give myself a hemorrhage.

Everyone you play against is fully-assisted; I understand you can't get around that. But when they make their two passes from defence to attack, my defensive line is ALWAYS - no exaggeration - on the half-way line. They pass around them and run the length of the half to score a tap-in.

I've tried purposefully setting the defensive line to 99, to catch them offside, and it doesn't work. I've tried setting the defensive line to 1 so that they stay back as far as the goalkeeper, yet there's STILL STUCK THERE ON THE HALF-WAY LINE!

What do I do? Do I keep trying to play them offside or is there a way I can get them to stay back full-stop (I've tried setting aggression etc. to the lowest setting but it doesn't seem to make any difference)?

Last edited:
What should I try, moving the CBs back or the whole back four?

Do I move the strikers forward as well so that they're always there?

This is why I asked, I've got no idea and I get the feeling they're all using the same tactics (i.e. glitches)...

I wouldn't know, I've never tried it before since I don't really play online. I think Placebo has made custom formations with a deep backline though.

Play a sweeper. Or control one of your CBs and jockey with him, whilst you get the other CB to press. They try that tactic almost every match chris you just gotta find your way of dealing with it. I find the sweeper way helps a lot. I never play for offside.

Back
Top Bottom