FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Hey does anyone know if we can search each others trade pile?

I am really enjoying each match. Dominating but cannot finish for love mor money. Really looking forward to getting some quality strikers in.

Just signed Robinson for in goal my highest rated player with 82 :D

Im having trouble finding my created player...cant see him anywhere...any ideas guys?

My player has just vanished, went into the "creation centre" as Placebo suggested and it would only let me start from scratch, so I switched the 360 off - no way do I want to do that.

Switched it back on again to try again - EA servers are down.

It's not going well for them is it?

Interesting and exciting news.

Hope theyre back on by end of the night I would like to put a nice squad together and build of Robinson from in goal :)

My best player is Gilberto Silva. I dont get it once you get better players do you get more points for wins? seems like by the time i make the money to buy a Silver/Gold pack I will have lost all my players to their contracts.

poor form ea.

every game im winning people are quttion and i get NO coins or NO points...how are they doing this?

I've just been playing MM (sorry to interrupt the UT chat!), and I'm currently 16th in League 1, trouble is, when the league table comes up during the intro to a match, it's completely different, I'm 6th! And it's doesn't reflect the actual table at all!

Also, when the commentary team comes up, it says
PHP:
FREE AGENT
Martin Tyler
Andy Gray

This is getting silly now :LOL: I won the first round in an Online tournament 4-2 and went to start a 2nd game. After a few of them quit out before we'd started, I finally got a game. We both ready up in the menus and we get into the arena. It takes forever and ever to load (to the extent the bar in the top left hasn't even appeared yet). Eventually, I get a disc read error. I'm gonna have to rent Fifa and install to my HDD to avoid this. The console loads the game normally just fine. It just won't install to the HDD.

And it feels ridiculous that say 5 games before the end of the season you win a game and become champion but your players just celebrate like a normal win...

Just hope EA don't change the gameplay to much with all those kids crying on the official forum that they want the arcade Fifa back... Makes me want to puke.

Just got Fifa 09 on PS3, it doesn't need touching at all gameplay wise. The feel is spot on, as are the ball physics. I am disgusted with EA. If this is what they're capbable of, then why is the PC version of Fifa 09 a mere shadow of this game?

Why the hell has Be A Pro only got four seasons, compared to PES 09 BAL's full football career?

OK, I'm intrigued... whats 'UT' and why is everyone on my friend list playing it!?

Do you actually play matches,or is it just a trading card game, is it multi or single player and is it worth picking up fifa again to play it?

OK, I'm intrigued... whats 'UT' and why is everyone on my friend list playing it!?

Do you actually play matches,or is it just a trading card game, is it multi or single player and is it worth picking up fifa again to play it?

Ultimate Team is what everyone is playing at the moment.

Its a trading card game where you play matches to improve the cards you get and therefore the players you have. You can play the matches offline or online and there are also tournaments to take part in.

Whether you want to pick up FIFA again just for this mode is your call, for now everyone is playing it and it looks like its gonna be a grower

I played my second game, against a team who had Tevez, Modric, Eto and everything and all I had was shitty unknown players.

Just quit out when you see their team is rated with 5 stars compared to your 1 star team. Do they seriously expect people to take ass-whoopings with such differences in team strengths? When I've played online I'll keep quitting out of the team selection until I get a team on a similar level to mine.

This from the Admin team over at the EA Forums...

Latest Update: Sunday March 22, 6:27am GMT

For FIFA Ultimate Team on the 360, a fix for the slow response times people are experiencing on the trading screen and team management has been deployed and is live.

Personally I am finding the speed has increased to an acceptable level, so we look forward to the news from Europe in the morning.

Additionally a problem with EA Locker has been fixed. This should fix the created player problem. My played reappeared when I went to the creation zone. It may also fix some other problems that have been reported.

We hope the server has now stabalised which will mean we can go after the bugs people have been encountering.

As ever continue to update us in the various threads setup, and we will continue to attack problems being found that prevent users experiencing the game as it was designed.

Good to see that they are taking this seriously

This is the difference between EA and Konami. EA had a problem with their online game and servers and they fixed it within 4 days. Konami has had a problem with online since the launch of PES2009 and they are yet to fix it.

Great, my first match since this server update has crashed FIFA as soon as the whistle blew. Sound is still going but picture has frozen :ROLL:

And then my screen dimmed. What the fuck EA?

This from the Admin team over at the EA Forums...

A serious well done for managing to find that post, every time I try to visit the EA forums of late I get 400 Bad Request, shocking, absolutely shocking, 4 days that have massively harmed the fantastic work they've been doing over the past couple of years :(

what i find annoying is when you get more players and stick some in the trade pile, and you find your trade pile is full and you are left with cards you have to swap out with your current ones or discard them, either way your losing cards

it would be better to be able to access your trade pile from that option screen and then discard the lesser crap you have in the trade pile, but you cannot do this

so i am trying to stay on top of my trade pile before getting any more packs because you can potentially lose some trading cards

i am now getting rid of all my crap incase, but still that option should still be there

also i have picked up some good players now, but its hard to string a pass as there chemistry is very low lol

difficult to get the right blend, how much you think i should be looking for gerrard (89), obi mikel(82) and pandev(82) for trade?

i would rather make alot more coins to play with, tinker than having super heros in the team

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom