FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

32MB!? Don't think so mate I think it is more in the region of 1GB.

Dags said:
EA Sports’ Football World community manager, Romily Broad, has revealed the upcoming FIFA 09 DLC, Ultimate Team, will be priced at 800 / $9.99 US (£7.99). For the uninformed, Ultimate Team is a fantasy soccer management mode that will allow gamers to assemble their fantasy teams by collecting virtual cards in various categories.

Footy fans should take note, this isn’t regular DLC. The content will drop as a mandatory — and free — title update on March 19 (clocking in at about 1.3GB). Gamers will receive a five match trial with the option to shell out for the full version. Mandatory 1.3GB title update?

I've downloaded a 32mb patch and the mode has been added to the menu in game, trophies are viewable too.

Maybe there's another download later.

Oh that's weird then...

Well it's out on Xbox 360, however it isn't a mandatory update. You'll have to navigate to it via the marketplace and game add ons. Also, it is 1.62GB!

So just checked my 360, there's a small title update that pops up automatically when you boot Fifa, once that's downloaded you then have a new "Ultimate Team" menu item, choose that, read the bunf then click continue and it takes you to download the actual ultimate team expansion, says it's 1.6gb

Hmm so I'm just about to start my first Ultimate match, go to change controller settings, then get kicked off the EA servers and the Ultimate menu no longer works, wasn't even playing an online match FFS!

So many people are trying to get the Ultimate Team download at once that it's causing problems with the EA servers - wasn't happening an hour ago but it's at fever pitch now. Hopefully it will be fixed by tonight.

why cant companies like EA learn from this? surely they would have known that millions would be downloading the DLC? couldn't they have prepared for this by renting out bigger servers or something?

Yeah I was going to make the same point Jonney, so DLC is released, nobody thinks that maybe a lot of people might download and try the DLC? Aint brain surgery folks!

:SHOCK:

Yeah same happened to me Placebo! I had already played 3 games though, 1 offline which I won 3-0, too easy. I'm gonna play all my games online now, you can't beat a human opponent. Next online game I won 2-0 and then drew 0-0. Unbeaten and conceeded no goals :COOL:. My goalkeeper is Charlton no 2 goalie Darren Randolph :)). I could see me taking him to the top with me and training him. I'm hooked on UT already! :LOL: I want better players, kits and balls!

I'd just like to point out I knew exactly what was being referred to with the Acrington Stanley thing and was just taking the piss :D

Its basically a card trading game, how could they make a mess of it?!

EA_Rom said:
A message from the team:

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our game servers. The game will be unavailable for users on both Xbox 360 and PS3. We have all hands on deck and the team is working very hard on this issue as we speak. It is our highest priority at this point. We will provide another status update @ 12pm PDT [7pm GMT].
A message from Evo Web: You're all dull cunts. Now sort it out.

:DD

As of 15 minutes ago the store hasn't been updated yet but I somehow managed to buy the mode in game. It's currently at 29%.

Looks like I jumped the gun.

Last edited:
EA_Rom said:
An update will be coming soon as to the status of the work going on at EA on the servers. That's an update to this thread, not to the game. Just to be clear on that.

But to reiterate, this is the top priority at EA right now and there's an awful lot of people - all around the world - whipping out Sonic Screwdrivers and crossing their beams right now in order to get it all running smoothly. Thanks for your patience while we get it sorted out.

mm ok, i downloaded it and when i choose to open the new mode, nothing happens, i just sitting with just the background and the like latest news bar at the button, tried twice now ¬¬

EDIT: make that 3 times..

Last edited:
EA_SimonHumber said:
Hi everyone.

Here we go.

Firstly we apologise for these day 1 problems. As you can imagine the game has proven immensely popular and the stress it's caused the servers has been too much for now. We're not the first game to hit these type of problems, but we know we need to do better in the future and we learn from these experiences.

What will happen next is this:

1. The culprit that was straining the server has been identified and optimised.

2. We will test the fix here to ensure it's not caused a new problem

3. The game will come back on 360 initially.

4. If that proves successful, we will turn on PS3.

5. Finally at about 5am GMT / 10pm PST, we will move the hosting to new servers to add more capacity to the game to cope with the number of users.

6. If anyone is having trouble getting the game on 360, we are attempting to establish with Microsoft why this is the case. Their Partnernet service (where we test our products) was down this morning, so the problem may be related as the live service is hosted in the same physical location.

I'll provide another update within the hour.

Back
Top Bottom