FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

EA Sports’ Football World community manager, Romily Broad, has revealed the upcoming FIFA 09 DLC, Ultimate Team, will be priced at 800 / $9.99 US (£7.99). For the uninformed, Ultimate Team is a fantasy soccer management mode that will allow gamers to assemble their fantasy teams by collecting virtual cards in various categories.

Footy fans should take note, this isn’t regular DLC. The content will drop as a mandatory — and free — title update on March 19 (clocking in at about 1.3GB). Gamers will receive a five match trial with the option to shell out for the full version. Mandatory 1.3GB title update?
Poo and big steaming pile of come to mind...

That's strange, I updated it when the update came out and every time I've tried to update since, it says I already have the latest, and I still seem to have out of date ratings like Evra and Jonny Evans in the 70s because of injury.

That's strange, I updated it when the update came out and every time I've tried to update since, it says I already have the latest, and I still seem to have out of date ratings like Evra and Jonny Evans in the 70s because of injury.
You've probably tried this but when you check and it says "you already have the latest update", press okay, then wait a few seconds and press again to check.

I don't know if it's just this ISP - surely it isn't - but every single time any Xbox in this house checks for Live Season updates you have to check it twice for the game to "realise" that there is a new update out.

Thanks Placebo and Chris, I'll try both those suggestions and report back later.

Edit: Chris, I did as you said and that worked, thanks.

Last edited:
You've probably tried this but when you check and it says "you already have the latest update", press okay, then wait a few seconds and press again to check.

I don't know if it's just this ISP - surely it isn't - but every single time any Xbox in this house checks for Live Season updates you have to check it twice for the game to "realise" that there is a new update out.

This happens to me every week.

regarding the ALS, mine always says i have the latest download when i dont so i choose view league (only have EPL) then i choose download latest from that menu then it updates fine.

PS: Placebo, whats up with FifaSoccerBlog? I have not been able to load it up for a while now

FSB is working fine here?

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...ox-360/344910-hello-team-121.html#post7043312

W00T!

Placebo said:
Considering that my team are known as "that team" when we get a throw in/corner or whatever I'd settle simply for having my team's name in there, let alone an actual song for us, it'd be "hi ho Sheffield Wednesday" BTW ;)
EA_Jeff_MacP said:
Can't promise new chants, but will promise team-specific commentary for your club for FIFA10.

It emerged last night, another example of why I don't play online. Already been spreading on the EA forums how it's done, apparently you swap your keeper with an outfield player or something like that and it seems to disable the counter for how long he can hold the ball. (yes I know one shouldn't post how a cheat is done but the more widespread it is the quicker it will be fixed, for you sorts that play online).

(yes I know one shouldn't post how a cheat is done but the more widespread it is the quicker it will be fixed, for you sorts that play online).

Dito. I also think it makes no sense to keep it secret. It has to be made public to increase pressure on EA for patching this glitch.

Back
Top Bottom