FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

as long as the mm is brushed up on ill be happy. and limiting the number of people that can connect to a BAP match.

By brushed up on do you mean tweaked? Cos IMO MM fans deserve waaaaaaaaaay more than that, we deserve for MM to be the primary focus for Fifa10, in Fifa09 we're still playing the same MM as 4 years ago, basically Fifa06 on PS2 which is pretty shocking IMO considering this whole "next gen" bollocks. Not just that but Fifa09's manager mode has been made worse than Fifa08's:

1. Edit kit numbers removed.
2. View individual player post match stats removed.
3. XP system completely broken.

The only plus points for Fifa09's MM is that 1. English league playoffs are now in, (but even that's messed up and the final isn't at Wembley :() and 2. Carling/FA Cup finals are now held at Wembley, can't remember if the charity shield is there though? And I'm betting that EFA/ECC finals are just held at the home ground of the finalists?

My personal view is that as absolute minimum we should get all the fixes we've been waiting 4 versions for, ie:

1. Proper injuries

2. AI teams rotate their squads for fatigue

3. AI strengthens their team in the transfer market

4. AI adjusts lineup/kick takers to include new signings if better and to take older players deteriorating into account

5. Variable weather and midweek night matches

6. Finance side of things completely revamped (no more earning 200k per match in League2)

7. Proper transfers and loan marker, no more Beckham to Aldershot Town if you have enough money and improve your negotiator, loans out earn experience, loans in reflect real rules such as short/long term loans and 5 loans allowed (not just 2x1 year loans as current).

8. Swedish/Norwegian teams being allowed back into EFA/ECC, when moving to a new club that qualified for EFA/ECC they don't get "kicked out"

9. Player rating system fixed (how come I can have a forward score 40 goals in a season but he never gets a high enough rating to be in the top20 overall forwards?

10. Team of the season fixed, no more reserves who played only 4 matches being in team of the year, nor Hull/Stoke players being in the Championship team of the year based on their Premiership season.

(I'm probably forgetting a bunch that we've been begging for over the last 3 years of course).

Then on top of those long overdue fixes I want to see stuff like:

1. Each player having personality, no more signing Cronaldo and him being happy to spend 5 years on the bench.

2. Managers being hired/fired, do well in League2 and other clubs around the world will come sniffing around and offer you a new job (even in the middle of a season).

3. Cash injections from new boards, cash haemorrhages by bankrupt sponsors/chairman XL anyone ;)

4. Other leagues around the world have their matches properly simulated so you can scout out which players are scoring/assisting well for example.

5. International management, I know there's not enough national teams to make this a big thing but there's still enough to do some kind of regular friendlies and world cup type tournament with you being able to do a Hiddink (ie manage 5 or 6 different national teams over your career, starting with crap teams like Slovenia and then as you become more respected you can get jobs at good teams like Brazil/Italy etc.)

That's enough for now, but you get the point ;)

Of course if you meant the above under "brushed up on" then I take it all back ;)

How can you setup an online game to play 2 vs 2? Me and my friend want to meet online and play together against other people in 2 vs 2. I tried to setup a club but it seems 3 people are needed minimum to play a club match. I hadn't explored this yet and I can't figure how it works.

I gave up single player a month ago and only play online with my friend (very difficult to find good people to play against now and then, specially at the hours I use to play, which is past midnight).
Yes, Clubs is 3 players minimum so you can't do it that way. The only way to do it online is set up a BAP 10v10 match, and hope that only 2 other people join and go against you and both pick Any. So basically there is no chance :((.

(no more earning 200k per match in League2)
I'm earning over €250k per match in the Spanish Segunda Division too, it's ridiculous. I selected the lowest sponsorship contract, charge low ticket prices, no facilities upgraded.

I've resorted to in-game crime to alleviate this issue. You see, scouting can be expensive. For example, I can siphon up to as much as €500k by dispatching my scout off on a jolly around Europe 'looking for a new striker' :WHISTLE:. Even if I happen to suddenly recall him a couple of days later (those pesky emergencies).

So the money slips out of the accounts under the 'scouting' budget, my associate gets fat living in luxurious hotels while putting some expenses aside into an off-shore account for later, and the club's accountants are none the wiser :SHHH:

I'm earning over €250k per match in the Spanish Segunda Division too, it's ridiculous. I selected the lowest sponsorship contract, charge low ticket prices, no facilities upgraded.

I've resorted to in-game crime to alleviate this issue. You see, scouting can be expensive. For example, I can siphon up to as much as €500k by dispatching my scout off on a jolly around Europe 'looking for a new striker' :WHISTLE:. Even if I happen to suddenly recall him a couple of days later (those pesky emergencies).

So the money slips out of the accounts under the 'scouting' budget, my associate gets fat living in luxurious hotels while putting some expenses aside into an off-shore account for later, and the club's accountants are none the wiser :SHHH:

Up all you players wages, it's the best way to do it. Just be careful I ended up selling all my top earners one season when I got it a bit wrong...

How can you setup an online game to play 2 vs 2? Me and my friend want to meet online and play together against other people in 2 vs 2. I tried to setup a club but it seems 3 people are needed minimum to play a club match. I hadn't explored this yet and I can't figure how it works.

I gave up single player a month ago and only play online with my friend (very difficult to find good people to play against now and then, specially at the hours I use to play, which is past midnight).
just go into the fifa lobbies and select one of the 2v2 rooms..sometimes it takes a little longer but sometimes you can get one quick.

By brushed up on do you mean tweaked? Cos IMO MM fans deserve waaaaaaaaaay more than that, we deserve for MM to be the primary focus for Fifa10, in Fifa09 we're still playing the same MM as 4 years ago, basically Fifa06 on PS2 which is pretty shocking IMO considering this whole "next gen" bollocks. Not just that but Fifa09's manager mode has been made worse than Fifa08's:

The only plus points for Fifa09's MM is that 1. English league playoffs are now in, (but even that's messed up and the final isn't at Wembley :() and 2. Carling/FA Cup finals are now held at Wembley, can't remember if the charity shield is there though? And I'm betting that EFA/ECC finals are just held at the home ground of the finalists?

My personal view is that as absolute minimum we should get all the fixes we've been waiting 4 versions for, ie:

1. Proper injuries

4. AI adjusts lineup/kick takers to include new signings if better and to take older players deteriorating into account

6. Finance side of things completely revamped (no more earning 200k per match in League2)

7. Proper transfers and loan marker, no more Beckham to Aldershot Town if you have enough money and improve your negotiator, loans out earn experience, loans in reflect real rules such as short/long term loans and 5 loans allowed (not just 2x1 year loans as current).

8. Swedish/Norwegian teams being allowed back into EFA/ECC, when moving to a new club that qualified for EFA/ECC they don't get "kicked out"

9. Player rating system fixed (how come I can have a forward score 40 goals in a season but he never gets a high enough rating to be in the top20 overall forwards?

10. Team of the season fixed, no more reserves who played only 4 matches being in team of the year, nor Hull/Stoke players being in the Championship team of the year based on their Premiership season.

(I'm probably forgetting a bunch that we've been begging for over the last 3 years of course).

1. Each player having personality, no more signing Cronaldo and him being happy to spend 5 years on the bench.

2. Managers being hired/fired, do well in League2 and other clubs around the world will come sniffing around and offer you a new job (even in the middle of a season).

3. Cash injections from new boards, cash haemorrhages by bankrupt sponsors/chairman XL anyone ;)

4. Other leagues around the world have their matches properly simulated so you can scout out which players are scoring/assisting well for example.

5. International management, I know there's not enough national teams to make this a big thing but there's still enough to do some kind of regular friendlies and world cup type tournament with you being able to do a Hiddink (ie manage 5 or 6 different national teams over your career, starting with crap teams like Slovenia and then as you become more respected you can get jobs at good teams like Brazil/Italy etc.)

Of course if you meant the above under "brushed up on" then I take it all back ;)

yeah i was about to put all that then something came up :WHISTLE:

I've been playing a Bundesliga season with Werder Bremem and enjoying it, in my last game Pizarro got injured. I go to the squad section to tinker with the line up and I realise that once again players have mysteriously vanished from my game.

On this occasion my first choice strike force of Almeida and Pizarro have gone and been replaced with a bunch of 'numbers'.

:CURSE:

I now have the bug that for example LFC and Tottenham have like 7 players on the field until the missing players suddenly come after about 50 mins.. Annoying as hell.

Fatigue is ridiculous!

I started a new MM with a league 1 team, and with only having a small squad, after 2 to 3 games, EVERYONE was in the red!

As a result, I was 2nd to every ball, ended up losing 5 on the bounce and was sacked! :BLEH:

Just bump the fatigue coach up to about 3 and you'll be fine, I did a MM with Grimsby once and it was tough for the first 5 or 6 matches but then the players became match fit and didn't become so fatigued after each match.

1. Proper injuries

I REALLY hope that David Rutter reads this and changes all those points that you mentioned Placebo. Well said (and writen).

Thanks, I hope so too, really, really do, another year of "next gen" MM from PS2 Fifa07 and I might have to start strangling kittens.

Would you really do it??

_cute_kitten.jpg

;)

Thanks, I hope so too, really, really do, another year of "next gen" MM from PS2 Fifa07 and I might have to start strangling kittens.

Don't know if it's possible but can you in any way deliver those named improvements to David Rutter or someone important at EA? You give them information for certain lower league teams, am I right? Maybe you can private message them in the EA Forum or mail it or something?

And maybe give some examples like f.e.:
"proper injuries: concussion = 1 week absence; broken leg = 1 year absence."

Because when looking at the bugs in the existing Manager Mode I don't think they're to bright at EA...

Totally worth trying if you ask me.

Feature set for Fifa10 was already locked down a number of weeks ago so I'm afraid it would be pointless, even if Rutter received PMs on the EA forums, which he doesn't :(

I know this hasn't got anything to do with gameplay. But in MM there would be fun to actually see a proper trophy celebration for once! I want to feel rewarded when I win. I'm so sick of seeing the players jumping around like little schoolgirls for about 5 seconds and that's it...

And it feels ridiculous that say 5 games before the end of the season you win a game and become champion but your players just celebrate like a normal win...

Just hope EA don't change the gameplay to much with all those kids crying on the official forum that they want the arcade Fifa back... Makes me want to puke.

Also need to make the CL matches different with a different intro (obviously cant be licensed) but they could easily make it more similar.

EA Sports’ Football World community manager, Romily Broad, has revealed the upcoming FIFA 09 DLC, Ultimate Team, will be priced at 800 / $9.99 US (£7.99). For the uninformed, Ultimate Team is a fantasy soccer management mode that will allow gamers to assemble their fantasy teams by collecting virtual cards in various categories.

Footy fans should take note, this isn’t regular DLC. The content will drop as a mandatory — and free — title update on March 19 (clocking in at about 1.3GB). Gamers will receive a five match trial with the option to shell out for the full version. Mandatory 1.3GB title update?

Back
Top Bottom