FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

I don't care, we beat Palace last night :)). I've already made my peace with us getting relegated this season anyway.

Yup, I'm aware that they know about it, but was wondering whether it was a possibility to include the idea in the update.

Why would they include something that's untested on a wide scale and quite possibly counter productive to what they intend Fifa to be about?

You and some people say it makes the game more realistic, maybe it does I don't know I haven't tried it, but EA make Fifa for a mainstream audience, what's more realistic and preferable to some quite possible is slow and annoying and unrealistic to the majority of others. The future of course is in more options and choices and sliders and all that but that's not really the EA way.

I agree that it can all be subjective. But EA themselves have tried to appeal to different tastes, that is why they have a choice of three speeds and a choice of assisted/semi/manual controls.

Quite a number of gamers who prefer the slower paced build up of Fifa 08's speed feel shafted. The apparently "slow" speed doesn't feel slow at all, it's more like a watered down but still too similar version of the normal speed, the game still feels too quick, ping pong like and dependent on pace and strength; its not really a slow speed meant for a tactical simulation (which is what I assume they intend by including such a speed).

But then again it's just opinion, but as I mentioned it is getting a bit of support behind it in those threads (and is a general complaint when simulation fans talk about ways to improve Fifa). I'm speaking about editing the slow speed only, not the others that will obviously appeal to different gamers.

The global sliders idea is a good one though, even if i don't expect the actual idea to be implmented the sliders would make the game much easier to customise, as would expanded edit options like PES.

Last edited:
I prefer the slower pace of Fifa08 but I'm happy with the "slow" setting of Fifa09, the only thing I wish for Fifa09 was that it was harder to break down the opposition in terms of 1on1's, for that I'm probably going to do a formation edit for all Prem/Championship teams once the transfer window roster update comes out as that should be my final new Manager Mode before Fifa10.

Sorry, but I could not find the answer using the Search function. Is there any way to play slow speed online?

Guys i need help. Its my first day with fifa 09 x360 and i dont know how and where i can change lang from my (Polish ) to English :/ I trying to find it in setting but i cant ;/

It should give you the language option every time you boot the game, if it doesn't yours might be broken

Yes, when the game first starts up it will come up with a flag, scroll through right or left until you find the Polish flag, hopefully you have the right version of the game!

Yes, when the game first starts up it will come up with a flag, scroll through right or left until you find the Polish flag, hopefully you have the right version of the game!

He wants to go from Polish to English :ROLL:

So when you start up it should have a Polish flag - Scroll through until you find the British flag :DD

hopefully someone already said this because i didnt notice until right now but daniel sturridge is right footed in the game and hes left footed in real life. its too late to change it right?

I found English :D:D i am rly new xbox user so forgive me for stupid question :D

no more pes in 2009 year :] Konami must make new engine if they want fight with EA.

Just played a guy as tottenham against man city and beat him 2-1. After the game he sends me a message calling me a cheater because King was just as quick as Robinho and i have 300,000 points.

First off is it even possible to make King as fast as Robinho?

And 300,000 points isn't alot is it?

Its really pissed me off because i hate cheating cunts and then to be called one is just:RANT:

Lol, a fit Ledley King IS faster than Robinho. He's no slouch and used to outpace Terry Henry all the time and also once forced Michael Owen into pulling a hamstring cos he couldnt out-run him after a 2 yard start.

It's a shame about Ledley,a good player but never plays a season without injury> Now if EA really did the game true to life he would play about 4 games a season in MM.

MM physical simulation is a bug all round, AI constantly sends out squads at 25% fitness, yet they can play the whole match running around for 90 minutes with no apparent issues other than bending over with hands on hips when the ball goes out of play and of course players are never, ever injured for more than 7 days.

I dont know what about no FK goals by AI but in my first 60 min with game (world class ) AI scored 3 FK against me :D

Back
Top Bottom