FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Stat tweaking, really?!

I thought most of us got past this phase when we stopped playing we10

LOL, it took me back to the glory days of WE/PES, these days I dont have the time to even contemplate the tweaking of stats

rohan ricketts is light coloured in the game, he should be black. is this where i should be telling you this?

so between feb 9th and 16th for the update? great, thanks.

i wa wondering what, if anything you guys had submitted to the update form. I have included Nasri's appearance to be overhauled as its shockingly bad in game + west ham utd to have their new sponsor added.

tried the stat edit for passing, sprint accel - but reduced by 20 points for villa and spurs - played a game of professional - like playing a new game.

pitch feels bigger, is more time on ball, AI has more time to execute its routines, or at least you have more time to motice them, and the passing pace is just perfect. suddenly i was executing moves i have not managed on FIFA because too much pressing - i.e. a lot more lateral movement and sophisticated moves.

I implore everyone who has this game to at least try this with two teams as i have done - at slow speed it feels almost, almost, like a new game.

KEY - for the two teams you pick to edit the first eleven's stats for, pick them as your favourite team before you start on their players - that way when you exit each player, it returns you to that teams page, rather than your genuine favourite team

BUT YOU MUST TRY IT - the game i played resembled last nights spurs man u game so much - now you can play the rhythmic tiki-taki barcelona type football around teh box cos you actually get time - and then still speed up your play when you want..

Yup, you're right, it's like playing a brand new game. You actually have time on the ball to buld your attacks realistically, the AI plays much better beacuse not everything is rush rush ping pong press press, you can feel the player stats better.

Playing on all Manual (if you've learned to) though with the tweak is the real clincher, it's so realistic, apart from the shooting which is flawed anyway.

EA should use this as the real "slow" speed setting, for simulation purists. The changes in pace are more realistic, as you say sprinting up the pitch takes longer and it seems bigger and more spacious.

And those who want to try it should save a new squad file, so they don't overwrite the default file, and can switch between the two.

The update submission form will be disabled in just over 9 hours, currently there have been 920 entries which is a phenomenal response, thanks to everyone who has submitted so far, everyone at FSB is really blown away by how you've all taken to this idea of ours and we look forward to doing it again in the future, will we make 1,000 before the form is turned off? We'll see :)

Can you get them to change where the notification pops up? Ridiculously they pop up completely over the radar on the 360 so you can't see it. I don't want to turn notifications off either as I like to know who's on and what's happening etc. Any one with a brain would have put it in the top right hand corner, just like in Rock Band. Another lazy EA trait...

It could easily be fixed in a patch, but as I've said, EA are too lazy.

I know it's not to do with you, but could you at least mention it to someone at EA?

No there's no point as there won't be another bug fixing patch for Fifa09, and I personally have a long list of things I'd want to see fixed before that anyway.

No there's no point as there won't be another bug fixing patch for Fifa09, and I personally have a long list of things I'd want to see fixed before that anyway.
Yes, that's because you're a recluse who has no friends that pop up online anyway ;)).

Back
Top Bottom