FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Is there any chance of an option file with this already done? Seems like a lot of hassle messing about with stats.

:))

There is a PS3 rar file which you can download that has it all done, the forum members shared the editing and contributed. Unfortunately there is none for the 360 as MIcrosoft don't allow that sort of thing.

Originally Posted by davesaul2007 View Post
Here is the latest version of the file, please can someone else pick this up and start to edit another league. If we each just do 5 teams or so and then re-upload we could do it really quickly. I'm enjoying the changes so much, it really is worthwhile. Check earlier in the thread for Renatus' guide on how to use this file. It involves copying only the sysdata file. Anyone who picks up the file please say so on here and then upload when done to save anyone duplicating work.

PS3.rar - FileFront.com

Speed and Acceleration Reduction (-15)

EPL
Serie A
Bundesliga
La Liga
French Ligue 1

Short Passing Reduction (-15)

EPL teams
Ligue 1 teams
All Champions League teams who are on the game

Let's crack on and make this the most realistic footy sim of all time.
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...te-guide-realistic-football-fifa-09-a-24.html

Wont this just make the quicker players even less able to beat the slower defenders, as is the case now...?

No, it's quite balanced. The overall speed of the game is universally reduced, as is the passing speed. Changes in pace can be utilized more realistically, and defending is also based on playing well positionally, with jostling coming even more to the fore.

Notifications is an Xbox thing anyways. Microsoft would have to release the update. Personally I'd rather EA concentrate on more important things relating to the game itself.

on some games it makes it smaller and puts it at the top of the screen like call of duty for instance. i would think its a game thing unless you want to fundamentally change it.

It's a game thing mj. Other games have it different places.

Cheers Placebo. I'm suprised you didn't go for "PlaceyBoi" though ;)).

File has been updated since then:

Speed, Acceleration & Short Passing Reduction (-15)

English Premier League
English Coca-Cola Championship
Italian Serie A
Spanish La Liga
German Bundesliga
France Ligue 1
Scottish Premier League
Portuguese Liga Portuguesa
*All other Champions League Teams on the game

Apparently they will have news soon, wonder what it is.

Just played a guy as tottenham against man city and beat him 2-1. After the game he sends me a message calling me a cheater because King was just as quick as Robinho and i have 300,000 points.

First off is it even possible to make King as fast as Robinho?

And 300,000 points isn't alot is it?

Its really pissed me off because i hate cheating cunts and then to be called one is just:RANT:

300,000 points just means you've played a lot that's all.

And the only way to make King faster would be to reduce another attribute by alot so unless you've done that........

I definately didn't do that anyway i don't know why anyone would want to do that just to get an advantage in a computer game, its ridiculous.

Why do German and French teams have different score boxes?

The French one is lovely.

Is it too late to submit some changes for Charlton? Bailey, Semedo and Racon are all rated too low. Plus a few other bits, I could post an up to date starting line up and formation and kickers etc too. But I won't bother if it's too late :((.

Cheers Placebo, I'm not sure what exact stats need sorting with Bailey, Semedo and Racon, but I know they are grossly underrated. Oh, and Jonjo Shelvey, he's only 16, but he's like England captain already and is a big presence on the pitch. I reckon his overall should be about 65ish :TU:.

Lineup:

Code:
                Elliot

Murty     Fortune    Hudson    Youga

Soares    Spring     Bailey      Sam

Gray     Burton

Subs:
Randolph
Holland
Basey
Dickson
Shelvey

Kickers:
Spring for both corners and free kicks
Burton for penalties

Thanks mate, any help is much appreciated :)).

Ok I've left feedback in the DB with the formation/lineup. I can't leave player feedback saying "he should be updated" really as it's not sufficient, if you can take a look at their stats and give some suggestions I can try to leave feedback in the DB.

Feedback such as "he should be raised from 59 to 64" is completely useless I'm afraid and should be left to 12 year old Man Utd fans on the EA forums ;) (no offense intended at all, I just like to keep remaking the point as I despise the whole "overalls" thing).

Yup, you're right, it's like playing a brand new game. You actually have time on the ball to buld your attacks realistically, the AI plays much better beacuse not everything is rush rush ping pong press press, you can feel the player stats better.

Playing on all Manual (if you've learned to) though with the tweak is the real clincher, it's so realistic, apart from the shooting which is flawed anyway.

EA should use this as the real "slow" speed setting, for simulation purists. The changes in pace are more realistic, as you say sprinting up the pitch takes longer and it seems bigger and more spacious.

And those who want to try it should save a new squad file, so they don't overwrite the default file, and can switch between the two.

how do you save a new squad file - cheers

Go to my fifa 09 profile I think, save/load, sqauds, save a new squad file with a different name. Squads 1 is the default file, the one that gets updated when you go online.

Everytime you want to play with the tweak, load and edit on the new sqaud file, if you want to go back to normal, load squads 1.

Placebo is it possible to direct EA's attention to the Bluchamp threads, about universally reducing all teams acceleration, sprint speed and short passing on the slow speed setting by -15?

It's a massive ask but I've outlined the reasons in this threads last few pages, about making the speed more realistic for the simulation purists, gameplay is taken to a whole new level as mentioned above. Also a lot of people have tried this and it's got some support behind it!

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...imate-guide-realistic-football-fifa-09-a.html

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...6-fifa-revolution-update-bluchampblogger.html

hey placebo do you know if everton is going to be bumped up to 4.5 stars after the update? i play in a sim league and i have to pick my team but if i go for everton and they turn into a 4.5 star team i could have a problem.

Placebo is it possible to direct EA's attention to the Bluchamp threads, about universally reducing all teams acceleration, sprint speed and short passing on the slow speed setting by -15?

What they should really implement is sliders that affect overall stats, as nba 2k9 does! Then it would be so easy to adjust the game to your liking. But that implies some work (you have to be able to share those sliders, for instance, an dso) and they wouldn't make it for Fifa 09. Maybe for Fifa 10, and I really think those sliders are a MUST HAVE for the game as it would open a wide array of things you could do to the game, incresing a lot the longevity and would allow both arcade lovers and realistic freaks to change a little the game as they want.

What they should really implement is sliders that affect overall stats, as nba 2k9 does! Then it would be so easy to adjust the game to your liking. But that implies some work (you have to be able to share those sliders, for instance, an dso) and they wouldn't make it for Fifa 09. Maybe for Fifa 10, and I really think those sliders are a MUST HAVE for the game as it would open a wide array of things you could do to the game, incresing a lot the longevity and would allow both arcade lovers and realistic freaks to change a little the game as they want.

EA doesnt do sliders as well as 2k, i think tis a good idea but somehow they will fuck it up

It's a massive ask but I've outlined the reasons in this threads last few pages, about making the speed more realistic for the simulation purists, gameplay is taken to a whole new level as mentioned above. Also a lot of people have tried this and it's got some support behind it!

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...imate-guide-realistic-football-fifa-09-a.html

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...6-fifa-revolution-update-bluchampblogger.html

My understanding is that they already know about it.

hey placebo do you know if everton is going to be bumped up to 4.5 stars after the update? i play in a sim league and i have to pick my team but if i go for everton and they turn into a 4.5 star team i could have a problem.

Well I know that teams can have their star rating adjusted in this update, I've had permission to improve Leicester's rating for example to match their performance this season (they're currently leading League1 by a long way), so it's possible that if Everton's editor feels an adjustment is warranted they may get it. Although the news that team's are having their star ratings adjusted based on early season performances has probably left Tim rather worried ;)

Back
Top Bottom