FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

the headers are brilliant, but are a little too easy. I can score headed goals at will (quite literally) online, or on legendary, or against good mates at home pretty much whenever i want. for this reason i try to play my football through the middle and slip little through balls through etc, because its just WAY to easy to score from crosses if you have crossing on semi.

the headers are brilliant, but are a little too easy. I can score headed goals at will (quite literally) online, or on legendary, or against good mates at home pretty much whenever i want. for this reason i try to play my football through the middle and slip little through balls through etc, because its just WAY to easy to score from crosses if you have crossing on semi.
you must be playing a different game or just mastered the heading of this game because for me i miss most of my headers or my crosses turn to shit:P

We need a master class then, crossed headers at goal are one of the hardest things for most people in here I would say...:BLINK:

The problem with headers consists on crossin right. If you have crossing in Auto, obviously things must be easier. Try to put crossing on manual and you'll find it's way more difficult. That doesn't mean it's wrong. I like it as it is.

Though, it's also important what kind of player do you have in front. I like to play a "barcelona" style, so my forwards are skilled but hardly know how to head the ball, so I play a dribbling game in the wings.

Besides, there's something annoying me a lot. When you do cross and can't win the header, your opponent always have a clean counter, the same happens with corners. And I hate when you opponent can do a clean pass from central defender to striker and the pass is clinically accurate everytime. Accuracy in passing is something I would want ot have reworked in the next fifa.

Besides, there's something annoying me a lot. When you do cross and can't win the header, your opponent always have a clean counter, the same happens with corners. And I hate when you opponent can do a clean pass from central defender to striker and the pass is clinically accurate everytime. Accuracy in passing is something I would want ot have reworked in the next fifa.
That's very true, along with AI clearances just about always finding their player. There is far too little free ball in 09 as with every other title, the ball just never seems to run free...

I have crossing on manual and as my players are improving (default Wednesday players improved by XP) I find that the quality of my goals is getting better, my wingers have good crossing/curve now so they whip in some fantastic curving, dipping crosses, scored a sweet 1 yard, far post diving header with Jeffers off one recently that just looked incredibly, easily the closest range goal that's given me the "wow" feeling.

Wow, a 1 yard belter :ROLL:.

:WOOT:

You wanna watch some of our Clubs videos, we'll show you some proper goals ;)).

Last edited:
I've hit the bar from two yards and that made me want to kick the console through the TV, that's how PES used to get me. If we could get our hands on the code and a team under us we could make FIFA a god of a game, it really annoys me the way things progress at a snails pace and in Konami's case com-bust...

finally I've seen the light...

I'm playing on full manual now. It's a completely different game, it's much harder though. Unfortunately I couldn't find any players online with the manual control filter. Playing against semi/auto gamers is NO fun.

FIFA/semi is a lot of fun (plays like a much improved PES), FIFA/auto is an arcade fest, should be a no-go for any football lover.

Speaking of those Vids, Whats the secret to timing volleys? I saw Bitter hit a sweet one in that vid against the post and CW and Tim in the "Chances" Vid have a few aswell. My player always seems to love heading it from 30 yards out :SS

Speaking of those Vids, Whats the secret to timing volleys? I saw Bitter hit a sweet one in that vid against the post and CW and Tim in the "Chances" Vid have a few aswell. My player always seems to love heading it from 30 yards out :SS

This game is all about timing, you really do need to wait for it to get below your waist to unleash a beaut

Yeah I think joe is right, it's all to timing. Just wait as long as you can and let the ball drop as much as you can before pressing the shoot button.

Mate, I know! It's annoying and boring to face Man U, chelsea, barca every game.
Yeah, the best games I've had have been with teams like West Ham, Newcastle or Spurs. Had a nice PNE v Wolves match too, but getting anyone to pick a team other than Man United, Chelsea, Inter or Barcelona is rare.

I always try to pick a team relevant to my opponant.

I just played a cheating bastard that chose Bayern only to find out he had the likes of C.Ronaldo, Kaka, Messi etc playing for him

No worries anyway I battered him with Spurs 4-1!

Now he decides to message me offensively! what a sucker

darxey is the knobs PSN

yeh jumbo, ill be online in about 2 hours ;)
i just swicthed to manual pass and semi shooting so, take it easy with me lol

btw, yakubu is rated 81 in my roster , i edited him to be more like himself(lowered his speed/acceleration by 8 and shoot power by 6, increased 2 points his balance), as he was too overrated on EA default DB, thats not cheating right?

Last edited:
good games jumbo, i was quite lucky today...specially that last macth i scored in the imjury time with fellaini

anywayz its amazing how manual passing and semi shooting change this game, for good!

evenin boys, im a newbie to FIFA, switched like many cos PES has just gone to shit. Fifa is much better at the moment, but still has some massive flaws. But anyway, what are the points im accumulating at the end of matches, and what can i do with them? I've got quite a few now linked to my account, i just dont know what its for? Is there somewhere you can unlock more, i dunno, stuff?
Would love the everton third kit in game. :(

evenin boys, im a newbie to FIFA, switched like many cos PES has just gone to shit. Fifa is much better at the moment, but still has some massive flaws. But anyway, what are the points im accumulating at the end of matches, and what can i do with them? I've got quite a few now linked to my account, i just dont know what its for? Is there somewhere you can unlock more, i dunno, stuff?
Would love the everton third kit in game. :(

same here m8, unfortnaatly theres no way for that... i evan asked in EA forums and seems we released the 3rd kit to late, thats why it didnt make into the game, wich sucks cause its been really confunsing to play against teams like blackburn(who doesnt have a 3rd kit neither in the game)

anyway, about the points, those are just for u to buy stuff to costumize your avatar at Easportsworld. u can buy more clothes and stuff like that there, thats all... theres no fifa shop this year.

ps: please read my pm, thanx ;)

It's been 3 months already and I haven't grown tired of this game yet. It just gets better and better. I'm not even pissed that most people online use assisted settings, or that I keep hitting the woodwork (using semi shooting).

It's just awesome.

Back
Top Bottom