FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

I've asked before but is everybody else getting more players just floating along to balls, usually when they are facing backwards, not crab walking, they just slide along without moving their legs. I'm getting two or three every game now...

Manual shooting is a step too far imo! :LOL: But manual passing and manual long balls are a joy to behold in the right hands :)). Look out for our Clubs highlights video hopefully later today to see some.

(Unless you are Placebo, and are "too busy", ahem...)
Absolutely. Although when I did try manual shooting, it was realistic in the sense that Robbie Keane was playing like his real-life self ie. blasting everything well wide or over...

Seriously though, manual passing and long balls is like playing a new game.

I've asked before but is everybody else getting more players just floating along to balls, usually when they are facing backwards, not crab walking, they just slide along without moving their legs. I'm getting two or three every game now...

Yep me too... only every now and then though.

The keepers in this game are really pissing me off again. Not only are the keepers slow to respond in coming out of their box in 1v1 situations, they just don't come out for balls in general. They also never respond to punch or catch a ball from a corner whipped into their far post. They just remain stuck to the line. I'm losing count of the amount of back-post headers scored because the keeper didn't respond.

Yep me too... only every now and then though.

The keepers in this game are really pissing me off again. Not only are the keepers slow to respond in coming out of their box in 1v1 situations, they just don't come out for balls in general. They also never respond to punch or catch a ball from a corner whipped into their far post. They just remain stuck to the line. I'm losing count of the amount of back-post headers scored because the keeper didn't respond.

i have a serious problem with fifa GKs;;;
imo they need to redo their AI and physics...they kind of spoil a lot of this great game since they save balls they shouldnt save by no human means.
not to mention shoots where they save without touching the ball, bad contact collision i think is the cause.

and thats mainly the reason why fifa doenst have the goal ramdomness of PES yet...u can see that the shoots arent scripted with semi and manual shooting, but the gks ruin it by making u almost aways score the same way, on 1 on 1 situations or headers.

Last edited:
Part of the problem seems to be that they're overly aware, and can move sideways on the line far too quickly for all but the more close range finishes their GK is unrealistically good IMO, closer in with bullet headers or well struck shots their movement and reactions does seem somewhat realistic, the problem is basically anywhere beyond the penalty spot.......

......except of course when it comes to crosses/corners, in which case they're suddenly unaware of everything and glued to their line with no movement, think someone needs to create a peripheral vision mod ;)

Yesterday I had players disappearing from my Aston Villa and Villerreal Tournaments.

:BRICK:

I also had snow for the first time yesterday, it was a nice experience although I noticed some glaring mistakes. The snow disappears until you kick the ball at a goal kick or corner.

I love scoring from the halfway line once the opposition has score straight from kick-off.
talk about cutting celebration short.

how do i play 1on1 matches with ppl with low DNF.
everyone in ranked quickmatch quits.

Last edited:
I love scoring from the halfway line once the opposition has score straight from kick-off.
talk about cutting celebration short.

how do i play 1on1 matches with ppl with low DNF.
everyone in ranked quickmatch quits.

Probably because you do tosser things like shoot from the halfway line

bet you love running with ronaldo and put him upfront

haha. i hate ppl who play ronaldo as a striker.
i only use my team - Liverpool.

so how do i search for 1v1 games with ppl with 'lower' DNF?????

when you create a ranked game just specify the dnf and save the options so it makes it like that every time for your quick ranked games.

i only do 4 star or lower, sometimes a 4.5.

i just quit and start another until i find someone who picks decent teams.

I started a group on Facebook last week called "EA - Can you please set the default controls on FIFA 10 to Semi?"

I am pretty sure it won't make much of a difference but if you want to give it a go then join me and the rest of the crew who are already a part of it

"EA - Can you please set the default controls on FIFA 10 to Semi?"
That's the last thing they'd do. Nothing is more likely to deter a potential new buyer than (relative) inaccessibility. Making it easy for people to pick up the game the first time they play is very high in the interest of any game developer.

Would that be why EA put in the "All Manual" choice for playing online games?

Nothing else will change as far as gameplay goes for the next version of the game so why not bring this change in

FIFA Soccer Blog: Fifa 09 January Transfer Window Update: Have Your Say!

FSB are proud to announce a new collaboration with EA Sports, the "FSB Community Roster Update Form", this online form is your window into the EA database, it gives you the chance to ensure that data corrections about your favourite players are submitted to EA, Beckham have the wrong haircut? Torres wearing the wrong boots? Bentley's FK stats overrated? Zaki's strength/shooting/finishing/aggression underrated? Simply go to the FSB form and submit your feedback into the system, once the data is collated and verified it'll be passed on to EA Sports Data Producer's who will then disseminate it to the Data Editor's in charge of each team.

Any chance of the fucking dull cunts actually getting Charlton's fonts colours right in this update? And giving us a goalie kit that isn't the exact same colour as our home kit? :ROLL: Oh and actually changing our stadium to one that resembles The Valley?

Useless cunts.

Any chance of the fucking dull cunts actually getting Charlton's fonts colours right in this update? And giving us a goalie kit that isn't the exact same colour as our home kit? :ROLL: Oh and actually changing our stadium to one that resembles The Valley?

Useless cunts.

unfortnatly i think this wont be possible, its not a data issue...
same goes for everton not haivng 3rd kits..(its really needed for games agasinst blackburn)

Any chance of the fucking dull cunts actually getting Charlton's fonts colours right in this update?

In my recent travels (29 forums for the 12 teams I'm editing this time), I've received a number of complaints about kits, I spoke to my EA handler and he agrees with me that the small details are highly important and we're all going to work together to try to improve the quality of the licensed kits, to that end if you'd like to write some feedback (in the manner of a civil adult rather than a 12 year old Chocolate Milk drinking American with ADD I might add ;) ), I will be only too glad to include it in my "Kit Feedback" Email :)

I started a group on Facebook last week called "EA - Can you please set the default controls on FIFA 10 to Semi?"

I am pretty sure it won't make much of a difference but if you want to give it a go then join me and the rest of the crew who are already a part of it

Actually it would to those who is playing on d-pad (like me) as I would be pretty limitted in passing and shooting. I just can't get use to analog stick.

Can they get players heights correct? Carew is taller than most but when he celebrates with team mates they are all the same height..

I submitted a comment to fix the number and lettering design on the back of PNE's shirts.

I hope this is for a patch, and not for implementation in FIFA2010 or something.

Back
Top Bottom