FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

For Placebo regarding kits:

Coventry's away kit is slightly wrong - The colour of the text for the name/number is wrong, currently it's yellow, when in fact in real life it's white, here's the proof:

0,,10269~5111538,00.gif

And you can also see from that picture that every letter is in upper-case, at the moment on FIFA, the first letter is upper case and the rest are lower case (i.e. "Morrison" instead of "MORRISON").

It's a well known thing that most keeper kits are fake, but if the colour could be changed then it should be orange.

do you guys know how to fix the BAP camera glitch?

every time i enter a BAP match i have to change my camera. the settings appear to be set to what i set them to in the main menu but the actual in game camera is zoomed in to the default settings. if i go into the options mid-game i can fix it by moving the ticker one tick one way or the other; it goes to what i actually have it set to in the main menu. i have to do it every time i play in a BAP and its really tiring having to do it all the time. i know at least half a dozen other people that have this problem and its really bloody annoying.

Coventry's away kit is slightly wrong - The colour of the text for the name/number is wrong, currently it's yellow, when in fact in real life it's white, here's the proof:

0,,10269~5111538,00.gif

And you can also see from that picture that every letter is in upper-case, at the moment on FIFA, the first letter is upper case and the rest are lower case (i.e. "Morrison" instead of "MORRISON").

It's a well known thing that most keeper kits are fake, but if the colour could be changed then it should be orange.
That's not a data issue so was a waste of time submitting it.

Not a waste of time submitting it here, it would however be a waste of time submitting on the FIFASoccerBlog form :).

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/javaImages/f2/fe/0,,10269~5111538,00.gif

Thanks I'll include the info about the kit (and also GK kit) in my feedback.

Regarding the uppercase thing, that's something you "should" be able to fix yourself in edit mode I think? (Can't remember for certain) I will mention it in my Kit feedback report but chances are it won't be considered important unfortunately.

That's not a data issue so was a waste of time submitting it.

The key to avoiding appearing as though you're a numpty is to read before trolling.

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1553284&postcount=9654
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1553285&postcount=90

do you guys know how to fix the BAP camera glitch?

every time i enter a BAP match i have to change my camera. the settings appear to be set to what i set them to in the main menu but the actual in game camera is zoomed in to the default settings. if i go into the options mid-game i can fix it by moving the ticker one tick one way or the other; it goes to what i actually have it set to in the main menu. i have to do it every time i play in a BAP and its really tiring having to do it all the time. i know at least half a dozen other people that have this problem and its really bloody annoying.

hey placebo..you work for ea right? where should i go to figure out to fix this?

I do not work for EA sorry, I guess you could say data editors are sub-contractors :)

The only thing I can suggest is that you post the issue to the official EA forums :) There is IMO zero chance of any new fixes for Fifa09 but it's important the point is made so the same issue isn't seen in Fifa10.

Seriously though, what can/can't/will/won't be included in the 'patch'? The feedback form refers to things like 'Beckham's Haircut'... how is that different to say, new kits or numbers?

Selected Hairstyle = data.
Height = data.
Weight = data.
Player stats = data.
Team Formation = data.
Starting lineups = data.
Kick takers = data.
Player skin tone = data.
Player traits = data.
Team tactics = data.

New Kits = Art Asset.
Altered Kits = Art Asset.
New Boots = Art Asset.

Hope that makes it a bit more obvious now........

Placebo said:
New Boots = Art Asset.

Ish.

That's what I would've assumed if the form didn't say "Torres wearing the wrong boots"...

In regards to my numbers issue, I realise that importing brand spanking new numbers may not be possible, but linking PNE's kit to 'next best' (ie. blue with an outline) numbers already in the game might be. Anything would be better than the current ones...

Ish.

That's what I would've assumed if the form didn't say "Torres wearing the wrong boots"...

Existing boots can be assigned in the database.

In regards to my numbers issue, I realise that importing brand spanking new numbers may not be possible, but linking PNE's kit to 'next best' (ie. blue with an outline) numbers already in the game might be. Anything would be better than the current ones...

Kits cannot be assigned/changed in the database.

Selected Hairstyle = data.
Height = data.
Weight = data.
Player stats = data.
Team Formation = data.
Starting lineups = data.
Kick takers = data.
Player skin tone = data.
Player traits = data.
Team tactics = data.

New Kits = Art Asset.
Altered Kits = Art Asset.
New Boots = Art Asset.

exactly.
we do not have "power" over gfx stuff.

I do not work for EA sorry, I guess you could say data editors are sub-contractors :)

The only thing I can suggest is that you post the issue to the official EA forums :) There is IMO zero chance of any new fixes for Fifa09 but it's important the point is made so the same issue isn't seen in Fifa10.

thank you

Actually it would to those who is playing on d-pad (like me) as I would be pretty limitted in passing and shooting. I just can't get use to analog stick.

I used the d-pad for my PES days, and obviously started FIFA like that, trust me, change it to the stick and persevere - you'll reap the rewards.

Hi guys

Is there a solution to this problem

"Manchester utd does not have enough players on the squad"

So i can't buy Anderson, pretty dumb on EA's part

Y is there even such a dumb message

Would that be why EA put in the "All Manual" choice for playing online games?

Nothing else will change as far as gameplay goes for the next version of the game so why not bring this change in
The "All Manual" choice is there for people like you who have already purchased the game, who want to further their challenge and enjoy the game in a different style once you have become capable at it. It's a selectable option, not default.

Think about someone who hasn't played the game before, who may or may not have played Pro Evo (Assisted) before, who plays the FIFA2010 demo for the first time and they can't even complete a pass - because even Semi passing takes some practice and dexterity relative to Assisted. Chances are they're going to put the game down in frustration and buy something else.

I have completely EVERYTHING on manual and it's been like that since the first week when i bought the game. :D I just love it like that. I always play in World Class and in my MM with Liverpool i win everything. So i guess I think I'm up for some online manual playing. :D

The "All Manual" choice is there for people like you who have already purchased the game, who want to further their challenge and enjoy the game in a different style once you have become capable at it. It's a selectable option, not default.

Think about someone who hasn't played the game before, who may or may not have played Pro Evo (Assisted) before, who plays the FIFA2010 demo for the first time and they can't even complete a pass - because even Semi passing takes some practice and dexterity relative to Assisted. Chances are they're going to put the game down in frustration and buy something else.

You play it on assissted don't you...

Well how about something that goes with your rank where when you've reached a certain amount of games/wins etc you are forced to play on semi in online matches, a bit like in COD5 where you can't join the 'practice' matches when you reach rank 8? Would get rid of the wankers who make online play boring for some people.

At least make the assisted controls more like the ones in PES, where not every pass and shot goes right by simply pushing the button.

Well how about something that goes with your rank where when you've reached a certain amount of games/wins etc you are forced to play on semi in online matches, a bit like in COD5 where you can't join the 'practice' matches when you reach rank 8? Would get rid of the wankers who make online play boring for some people.

That's a very good idea, jumbo! I like it! So at the beggining you could choose and later on you're forced to evolve as a player. Nice!

That can be mixed up with something I also would like. Difficulty should not be about incresing the cPU cheats, but the difficulty of the game itself. So putting difficulty up should force you to play all manual.

Hey, it's so nice I will put it into the FIFA 2010 list!

FIFA Soccer Blog: Fifa 09 January Transfer Window Update: Have Your Say!

FSB are proud to announce a new collaboration with EA Sports, the "FSB Community Roster Update Form", this online form is your window into the EA database, it gives you the chance to ensure that data corrections about your favourite players are submitted to EA, Beckham have the wrong haircut? Torres wearing the wrong boots? Bentley's FK stats overrated? Zaki's strength/shooting/finishing/aggression underrated? Simply go to the FSB form and submit your feedback into the system, once the data is collated and verified it'll be passed on to EA Sports Data Producer's who will then disseminate it to the Data Editor's in charge of each team.

269 submissions since the blog post was made on Thursday, quite shocking :)

Back
Top Bottom