FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

This is a question for the FIFA researchers - Placebo and whoever else.

Who is responsible for updating the US national team? Is there someone who does the US team, or is it based on the clubs they play for and in the leagues they are in? I was playing some BAP, USA against Mexico and the ratings for the US are horrible even though we've dominated Mexico and the Concacaf region for 10 years now. I know our players aren't the most gifted on the planet, and I am not saying they should be in the mid 80's or 90's at all, but most are in the high 60's or low 70's. But when you play on BAP or even just a straight game against Mexico on FIFA, they run all over the US and score at will. Since 2000, the USA is unbeaten in 10 games against Mexico (17 goals for, 3 against) at home and have only lost to them when going to Mexico City 2 times (we beat them at the '02 world cup as well 2-0.)

Sorry about the rant and if it doesn't pertain to this thread. However, online is getting better. : )

NT teams are secondary, meaning players atributes are made by club, the researcher in charge of the nt can only call up players, he cant edit atributes as far as i know.
so the problem here is that the MLS is rated lower than the mexican league, therefore a medium player on the mexican league will be higher than a medium player of the MLS and so on.

Exactly as he said, if a player is shite for his club team he'll be the same amount of shite for his national team. Only way around that would be to have 2 copies of a player which would royally screw the game up (as with PES and their shitty attempts at getting around licensing).

I wonder if anyone can help. I have asked this question before on here but no one has ever answered me. I am really having problems playing 1 v 1 online. BAP and 2 v 2 I have no problems. When I invite or get invited for a 1 v 1 game, I see my opponent enter the game room but I never seem to be able to change my team when I am the away opponent. I cant see them move there's and can never select ready to start game. Eventually the opponent leaves or the system times me out. Can anyone advise as im pulling my hair out. Many thanks.

i have the same problem, just keep restarting until you find someone you can play with. i dont know how to fix it.

This may seem like a stupid question to ask but how do you play 2v2 online?

2 of you on the same console is a normal match and then press Y to sign in the second player. 2 of you on different consoles you go into BAP and do 2v2 and everyone picks "any".

How do you pass with the outside of the foot and how do you do opposite wing attack?

Outside of the foot passes are automatic and on assisted only, (maybe semi too, not sure).

For opposite wing attack, press up on the d pad, then press right on the d pad.

I'm currently on semi for short passing and shooting and see outside of the foot with both of those, I believe it depends more on the position of the player as well as how strong their weak foot is at the time they try the pass/shot.

Does anyone think manual through balls are awful. It takes too long to power them up, and by the time you do, you get closed down. I may have to switch back to assisted through balls.

I think it's just toned down to make it more difficult to pull off because most of the time if you get it right it's a 1 on 1 chance, I have no problem with manual throughballs now that it's ingrained that you need to press for longer......

i have the same problem, just keep restarting until you find someone you can play with. i dont know how to fix it.

Either you or your opponent doesn't have all the ports opened in you rrouter. You should have ports opened for the ps3 AND for the game, as you'll find in the manual, Fifa uses some ports of their own (check the instructions). If you have the ps3 and the fifa ports opened, then the problem is of your opponent.

I had this exact problem and was going mad at the beggining until I found out this and solved it.

NT teams are secondary, meaning players atributes are made by club, the researcher in charge of the nt can only call up players, he cant edit atributes as far as i know.
so the problem here is that the MLS is rated lower than the mexican league, therefore a medium player on the mexican league will be higher than a medium player of the MLS and so on.

That makes sense to me... although it sucks. : )

Thanks to you and Placebo for the info.

Anyone one had the game (360) freezing just as you kickoff. Had mates round last night and attempted 4 games of 2 player (tried different teams and stadiums) and everyone did the same, had to reset console as would not respond to anything.

Checked the disk and it was clean, never done it before so a bit weird ?????

This happens when I play at my mates house sometimes. As soon as the controller 2 presses a button the game freezes. We get round this by using controller 1 & controller 3. Not ideal, but it works. Don't know why it happens though

Either you or your opponent doesn't have all the ports opened in you rrouter. You should have ports opened for the ps3 AND for the game, as you'll find in the manual, Fifa uses some ports of their own (check the instructions). If you have the ps3 and the fifa ports opened, then the problem is of your opponent.

I had this exact problem and was going mad at the beggining until I found out this and solved it.
how do you these open ports?

how do you these open ports?

Depending on your router and your ISP, you'll have to make different things. For once, normally the router address is 192.168.1.1 but you'll need your account and password for the router. Google for that information if you don't own it.

The port you have to open is in your instructions manual. If you've got a PS3, make sure to have the ps3 needed ports opened. Google for it also, it's easy to find.

Cheers!

dont you guys fucking hate playing against little cunts who choose man utd all the time? I created a game session and soon there joins a player. I choose Reading and he fucking chose man utd! What kinda retardism is that?
Is he blind or just stupid, or maybe both. Cant he see that reading has two and a half star and plays in the coca cola championship and man utd are champions of England and Europe. I fucking hate playing against those little cuntheads who cant play for fun. Just for the win.

Mate, I know! It's annoying and boring to face Man U, chelsea, barca every game. I feel like the movie "Groundhogs Day":R1

Anyone in a BaP club? Im looking to join one.
We have an Evo Web Club, have a look in the Online Gaming section, our thread is in there. There's a few highlights vids up too. If it's something your interested in, then post in there mate and we'll get something arranged :)).

I've scored quite a few outside of boot shots on Semi, it's down to player stats and how you set up your shot...

I also use semi for shooting and I hit outside of the boot shots all the time. I find that it's easier to hit these when you are on an angle and use L2 for close control. Here is a neat one I hit with Huntelaar earlier today: http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/3080534

On random note, I've been on a header binge recently. Just had a 6-0 thrashing of Portsmouth on near full manual (except shots and crossing) and 4 of those goals were from headers, two of them diving headers. Followed that up with 2-1 over Ajax, both goals on headers. I don't really understand when people say that headers are too difficult to execute in this game... as soon as you learn how to cross effectively (right amount of power, when to swerve the ball and when to not, etc) and how to jostle for position, it's very easy to do, and now you have more control over your headers than ever which is a good thing... better than 08 where you'd balloon most of them over the bar or in WE/PES where every header is unrealistic bullet.

Back
Top Bottom