FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

If anyone can answer I'd appreciate it; last nite I was playing online & with 2 different players just before the game ended they quit (actually says the connection was lost..but I believe that is due to the other player turning off his/her modem). Anyhow, isn't it supposed to be a 3-0 win for me?

FAO Placebo,

- either fix the radar colours for every team, home and away colours, or give us ability to change colours in game
- give every team 2 decent fucking goalkeeper kits, and make sure NEITHER clash with either of the team's player kits

Schoolboy stuff.

I scored another cracker on this last night on semi everything

Passed it around a bit to make space and eventually got it wide them produced an inch perfect diagonal left to right ball which Sweinstieger took on his chest then took a touch and whipped in a awesome cross which Klose met with a bullet header crashing in off the bar leaving the goalie rooted

I think its the best goal i have scored just because of the long build up, the cross and finish were superb as well though

After being completely disgusted with MM this year I finally ventured online and wanted to give my thoughts. Everything I have read here is pretty accurate... People pick Man U, put Ronaldo up front and just run straight at your goalkeeper all day. I took some advice last night and decided to start stumping these idiots.

I always choose a different team from any random league. I came up against ManU like 3 times, Inter and Barcelona. I chose Getafe, Lyon, America and Germany (Agaisnt Brazil...). basically i've had my ass handed to me until I chose Getafe against Inter and switched to the five man back line. Basically this tactic completely kills a 5 star team, assisted or non assisted. I won the game 1-0 and they had like 1 shot on goal. From now on, I WILL NOT change this formation unless players online pick different teams to make it more interesting.

One quick thing to note though is that I haven't had ANYONE quit on me, although that's probably because I was losing and I am not going to quit on them...

Now, that's a whole other story regarding BAP Online. I have had a ton of fun in this mode although a very frustrating time as well. It takes so long to get the games set up and I have been kicked out of 3 games (out of 6 or so) by the captain... I ended up being the captain and wanted to boot a player so bad because he wouldn't pass, but I don't know how and I wouldn't anyway because it's someones time that you are wasting. Someone at EA needs to take away booting power...

I try and play the game as I would on the field and it's fun that way when you have others who do the same. Unfortunately, you never know what you are going to get.

Online is okay for me at the moment. EA killed this game with MM for me and I almost sold the game off. We will see how long online lasts...

if you get a good group of people BAP can be great and can certainly last a long time as far as replay value goes. im actually in a BAP simulation league right now and its probably the best online experience ive had on any console.

you have to be able to kick players, theres so many people that ruin the game.

I wish ea would get rid of assisted altogether and force people to play semi, manual or a mixture of both because online is to frustrating for people now that like to use semi or manual, having to play against nobheads on fully assisted.

Fucking ruins the game for me.

I wish ea would get rid of assisted altogether and force people to play semi, manual or a mixture of both because online is to frustrating for people now that like to use semi or manual, having to play against nobheads on fully assisted.

:APPLAUD:

I would suggest removing these fucking annoying "fifa 09" white boards next to the goal mouth.

WTF was the point of adding them...?

im not sure exactly where to put this question so ill put it here..

is there a list somewhere of all the fifa 09 teams with the number of stars they have been given in the game along with them?

Erik the MM is virtually the same as last year, or is that why you're disgusted with it...?

Exactly spot on. I played the hell out of Fifa 08 in MM mode and felt like I was just playing 08 again with some different stadiums and weather. Although the gameplay is loads better. I can't seem to stay focused on it this year at all and haven't found a team to stick with.

im not sure exactly where to put this question so ill put it here..

is there a list somewhere of all the fifa 09 teams with the number of stars they have been given in the game along with them?

Aye.

They are under the fucking stupid white boards next to the goalmouth.

:P

I can never score long shots in this. It's good they don't happen often but with me they never happen at all. I'm on semi shooting and every shot seems to be slow and sails over the bar. This is even with players like Gerrard, Lampard. I can score some decent ones in the arena though..

ANyone else having this problem?

I can never score long shots in this. It's good they don't happen often but with me they never happen at all. I'm on semi shooting and every shot seems to be slow and sails over the bar. This is even with players like Gerrard, Lampard. I can score some decent ones in the arena though..

Are you on PS3 and are you using R1 or R2 Oli?...

i have the same problem now....
before the pacth i could score a few, now i never score.

I would agree with you on that, I win games 6-1 on BAP World Class difficulty that I would struggle to win in the regular mode on the same difficulty.

Completely agree....maybe they should have the option of playing fully assisted offline, but online should require you to have more skill as you're playing against a human opponent and not the CPU.

Back
Top Bottom