Leeds United
Leicester City
Oldham Athletic
Sheffield United
Sheffield Wednesday
Stockport County
Tranmere Rovers
Walsall

If anyone supports those teams and would like to offer suggestions of where I can improve appearances/stats please get in touch, likewise if you have friends who support any of those teams and also play Fifa please let them know I'm interested in their input as I hope to make the teams as accurate as possible :)

Placebo any noise on changes for next year or another update etc?

Nope no new news beyond that we heard before about the promised improved manager mode for 10. Also no news on another update, obviously there's still a long list of bugs left in 09 so I personally hope they do another update, to be honest I wouldn't hold your breath though :(

Also do you know the best place to find game sales figures I would like to know ho Fifa Manager sold...

No idea sorry, can be hard to track down sales figures, I can tell you that from experience with Flashpoint/ArmA, the publishers like to keep it very close to their chest especially because royalties are involved ;)

No idea sorry, can be hard to track down sales figures, I can tell you that from experience with Flashpoint/ArmA, the publishers like to keep it very close to their chest especially because royalties are involved ;)
Yeah, I thought as much, I'd like to see a much bigger MM next year but with FIFA Manager it's unlikely, an option to play your FM games with FIFA would be an idea though... :THINK:

Yep, just because it says "official" doesn't mean it actually is, that's been a fad on forums for a while now.

Technically this thread is the "official" FIFA thread. Meaning absolutely fuck all.

now only i feel what you guys feel when playing online with assist people. it shaittt!! they just press pass pass pass,and ronaldo sprint and shoot. GOAL! and they so proud of it..WTF. they play this game like playing pes..and that's shaiit

I want bad weather conditions,muddy kits and correct international teams in a patch please Santa. Also merry christmas to all except for jaygrim because he's an old twat.::BLEH::)

For all you manual players, have any of you noticed how using L1/LB when you pass seems to "lock on" better to the player you are aiming for? I feel that I'm always passing more accurately using L1+pass than just using pass button for some reason. I know L1 when using pass is the 1-2 pass and run button, but it seems to lock on to the player in that general direction just like how L1+cross usually does (early cross). As long as you get the power right, these passes seem to be almost perfect most of the time. The downside to this is that it is a 1-2 button, so if you fail to complete the pass you will be screwed defensively since the player you passed it with would already be making the run forward and be out of position defensively (DO NOT do this with defenders often!). So you still cannot use this recklessly, which is actually good since otherwise it would make things too easy. And you still have to manage the power bar correctly or you'll still miss.

But for anyone just getting into manual passing and is struggling with aiming the passes, try this method, you'll get more passes completed and get more attacks going forward; just don't abuse it or you will pay for it!

Totally agree about this. I was very shocked when I finally won a competition to find no celebration. It puts the icing on the cake. Sort it out EA as for the first time ever you have a good football game. :R1

Yes, Fifa has always been about "authenticity" and making you feel like youre watching a real game yet there is no trophy presentation!! I was so dissapointed! UEFA had it. IMO, not having a trophy presentation kills the tourny, season. It's like working at a job and not seeing the paycheck. :R1 Who can we contact at EA about this? Im serious.

For all you manual players, have any of you noticed how using L1/LB when you pass seems to "lock on" better to the player you are aiming for? I feel that I'm always passing more accurately using L1+pass than just using pass button for some reason. I know L1 when using pass is the 1-2 pass and run button, but it seems to lock on to the player in that general direction just like how L1+cross usually does (early cross). As long as you get the power right, these passes seem to be almost perfect most of the time. The downside to this is that it is a 1-2 button, so if you fail to complete the pass you will be screwed defensively since the player you passed it with would already be making the run forward and be out of position defensively (DO NOT do this with defenders often!). So you still cannot use this recklessly, which is actually good since otherwise it would make things too easy. And you still have to manage the power bar correctly or you'll still miss.

But for anyone just getting into manual passing and is struggling with aiming the passes, try this method, you'll get more passes completed and get more attacks going forward; just don't abuse it or you will pay for it!

I agree with you there mate but its because normal passing is limited to 16 (i think) directions. Holding the 1-2 pass seems to unlock to 360degree passing (or at least 32 or 64) that was the normal passing in fifa 08. Very odd that its this way.

Could u all hear me out real quick. Fifa 09 is a very good game but I only score on 1v1. I just wish there was more variety, I thought making my wing backs come up more will provide different types of goals but it doesn't help. I just need my mid's to be more involved, could some of u fifa veterans ur boy?

Could u all hear me out real quick. Fifa 09 is a very good game but I only score on 1v1. I just wish there was more variety, I thought making my wing backs come up more will provide different types of goals but it doesn't help. I just need my mid's to be more involved, could some of u fifa veterans ur boy?

Try messing with the quick tactics, it worked wonders for me also use your balance bar...

Scoring goals is down to your own creativity to be honest. The game lets you score in anyway possible the rest is up to you from what I've seen.

Scoring goals is down to your own creativity to be honest. The game lets you score in anyway possible the rest is up to you from what I've seen.

Yep exactly, you can score the same goal over and over if you like (a la PES' infamous cut back goals). For me it's probably something like 40% clean through's, 40% cross then header and 20% others, I can live with that :)

Back
Top Bottom