FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

That's why I learned the "double tap" technique when playing as Grimsby ;) Easiest way to score from 1on1 when using players of low finishing and other applicable stats :)

In the internal data editors forum there's currently a thread asking for our feedback on the audio in the game, thought some of you guys might have some comments you'd like me to pass on directly, so far what's been posted is:

- Spain national team fans shouts "Espanyol!" which belongs to RCD Espanyol. Very annoying.

When I was playing at Estadio Azteca, the mexican commentator said ''Azteca Stadium: the home of America and Atlante''... Atlante moved to another stadium a year and a half ago

And so far I've submitted the following:

• I hate that all the pre-match introductions from Fifa08 have been removed, where they talk about the rivalries between clubs eg. Liverpool and Everton, Spurs and Arsenal, Sheff Wednesday and Sheff Utd for example, why on earth where they removed? Hugely disappointing.
  • I hate that 85% at least of the main commentary is recycled from Fifa08.
  • I hate that when I play as Sheffield Wednesday O'Connor doesn't have his name spoken, yet O'Connor of Doncaster does, what's that about? :( Why can't we choose commentary name to be used for players in edit mode? Ya know like a certain other football game ;)
  • I hate that when I play a cross or long ball into the area and it goes out of play, the commentators act as if I just tried to shoot.
  • I hate that the second a player is tackled and goes down injured the commentators have done an MRI and triage and know whether the injury is bad or not. I hate that often they randomly talk about players being badly injured, going off the pitch, limping back on, having to go off again when nothing of the sort is happening.
  • I hate that they babble on every time I throw the ball with my keeper is rather annoying, sure say it once or twice a match that they can't believe I can throw it that far, or I feel a throw is more accurate than a kick, or whatever, but not every time I throw the ball please!
  • I hate that there are no chants for my beloved Sheffield Wednesday!

If there's anything else you'd like me to pass on then post away :)

I generally opt for a finesse shot and if i have time, i'll slow right down, so my player can compose himself. However, the com keepers are pretty good, to say the least (but not when the com is controlling mine) so sometimes i go for the chip/dink, just as he's about to pounce.

I just can't finish 1 on 1s. Any tips or an elaboration on the double tap method?

Head straight on then go to the diagonal of whichever side opens up the footballer's strong foot, so for right footers head to the right, left footers head to the left, wait for the keeper to commit to coming out for you then aim for the corner and double tap the shoot button, or hold finesse and tap the shoot button :)

Aim for the corners and do a finesse shot, with a good striker it usually works for me, thats on semi shooting btw. The 2 key things are timing and body position before you shoot I find. Also lately I've had some success rounding the keeper using the fake shot trick thing (press B then A straight after I think it is).

Placebo - a couple of sound gripes.... when you pass back to the keeper they say 'Oh the crowd dont like that, they've gone back to the keeper', that's quite annoying as I dont recall too many real life instances of that?

Also Mascherano has 3 calls for his name (I think). Two are pronounced "MascherARno" whereas the third is pronounced "MascherAYno". Just sounds ridiculous given it's said by the same guy!

I'm sure there's more but that's all I've got for now!

Placebo - a couple of sound gripes.... when you pass back to the keeper they say 'Oh the crowd dont like that, they've gone back to the keeper', that's quite annoying as I dont recall too many real life instances of that?

Also Mascherano has 3 calls for his name (I think). Two are pronounced "MascherARno" whereas the third is pronounced "MascherAYno". Just sounds ridiculous given it's said by the same guy!

Oh aye, and Kuyt being pronounced Kite in the game is shit as well......

Haha yeah, also not to do with sound but you're the best person to ask, what's the chance of them sorting the lack of keeper kits out? I mean it's shocking that England NT and a host of top league teams are using the shitty generic kits on the keepers? I'd happily make them for them if they'd agree to putting them in. Do you know why they're not there anyway? Just laziness?

Little chance, it's down to budget, they don't see the additional 400 kits as worth creating on top of all the other kits there are, that'd be fine with me if they included some kind of kit creator so we can knock up the keeper kits ourselves......

one thing which pees me right off is people quiting ranked matches.
my last 5 I'd say, have quit. so its got annoying.

What about the over-enthusiastic crowd at the half-time whistle, where they cheer loudly like the match has been won?

That definitely needs to be addressed.

Also the radar in the next game shouldn't fade out during the game. They should let us change the colour of the dots like in PES.

Keep them coming, posted the following just now:

A couple more I received via 3rd parties:

• when you pass back to the keeper they say 'Oh the crowd dont like that, they've gone back to the keeper', that's quite annoying as I dont recall too many real life instances of that?
  • Mascherano has 3 calls for his name (I think). Two are pronounced "MascherARno" whereas the third is pronounced "MascherAYno". Just sounds ridiculous given it's said by the same guy!
  • Kuyt being pronounced Kite in the game when in reality it's pronounced "Kowt" and Martin Tyler pronounces it properly in every real Liverpool game he covers, just not in Fifa!
  • The over-enthusiastic home crowd at the half-time whistle, where they cheer loudly like the match has been won.

My only gripe with this distribution is that is slightly harder than it should be to score from just outside the area (just slightly). Keepers tend to save too much this kind of shots, but anything else si really well done in my opinion. Topping this game without breaking the balance will be difficult, but if they succeed it will be enormous.

Placebo, are they planing on releasing an audio patch, or do they just want some feedback so they can adjust it for fifa 10?
Or maybe this got nothing to do with EA at all? Don't exactly know what the "internal data editors forum" is :)

Placebo, are they planing on releasing an audio patch, or do they just want some feedback so they can adjust it for fifa 10?
Or maybe this got nothing to do with EA at all? Don't exactly know what the "internal data editors forum" is :)

Data editors are the external people (such as myself) who're in charge of the data of certain teams and take care of transfers/stats/attributes/appearances etc. etc. There's a forum for EA people + data editors/reviewers and that's where the question was raised by EA "what bugs you about the sound".

Chances are the feedback will be used for Fifa10, rather than used to fix things in Fifa09.

Hope i'm not too far of the subject but i would like to be able to mix shorts and socks and maybe 3rd kits for the teams who have them.We all know the goalkeepers kits are a big moan,but they need to sort this.

Data editors are the external people (such as myself) who're in charge of the data of certain teams and take care of transfers/stats/attributes/appearances etc. etc. There's a forum for EA people + data editors/reviewers and that's where the question was raised by EA "what bugs you about the sound".

Chances are the feedback will be used for Fifa10, rather than used to fix things in Fifa09.

Oh I see. Thanks for making it clear ;)

Back
Top Bottom