FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Had the 25meg update and it does seem to play a little more fluid, had an injury in my very first game though it was only a week out, though it has not solved the double yellow = red card, sent off but not off bug...
Bet this is the only patch as well.

:CONF:

I really hopped having an FM guy in would help in this aspect...

66664854@N00.jpg

weird thing is that mr.rutter was a Championship Manager producer....
take a look:
http://www.championshipmanager.co.uk/aboutbgs.php

Name: David Rutter
Favourite Club: Hitchin Town and Leicester City
Job Title: Studio Manager
Job Description: Moaning and worrying about everything. Interviewing potential staff, answering PR questions, asking Eidos for info for the forums, and getting in the way of Michael, Luke and Richard. Thinking of unnecessary work for Steve Didd @ Eidos to do. Oh – and lots of development planning stuff.
History: Bailed out of a very dull career in science to become a games tester in 1994. Then worked as a producer at Silicon Dreams on a heap of arcade footy games, including the now legendary Lego Soccer Mania J The 4th employee of BGS in 2003.
If you had champ man stats – what would your highest be: Weight
Favourite Pastime: Excluding work type things (footy and games), “Family Life” just pips scuba diving. Yes – in the UK. Yes - it’s cold. No - you can’t see very far.

The only time I have been promted by the game to install a new update was on the 19th, was there another update after this? I am confused (I have a 360)

Last edited:
I'm in an online league with Villereal and I'm getting overpowered and battered by teams so much its untrue!

I don't understand how 10 vs 10 can be more responsive than 1 vs 1 games :CURSE:

I've had a bit of a renaissance with this game the last few days. I'm not sure whether its the patch or just the way I changed my approach to playing it. Basically I've given up on Manager Mode for this year, its totally rubbish and a waste of time. Instead I'm just playing through several tournaments. I've got a Premier League, SPL, FA Cup and a World Cup going. Its rather nice to actually have weather :) I even had snow in my World Cup qualifier before...lovely.

Secondly I've reduced all of my match times to 5 minute halves instead of 10 minutes. My score lines have become far more realistic, no more constant 4-2, 5-1, 6-2 etc. And I've also decided that I'm only playing with decent teams from now on. My time in League 2 Manager Mode was just crushing, your players are always just rubbish and you can never pull off the moves that you want. (I realize this is realistic and fair enough, but EA need to find a way to make lower leagues a little more fun next year.)

Now I'm thinking about whether or not I will get this new commentary pack, if its just the Euro 2008 one copied and pasted into FIFA then I don't think so...anyone have the English one?

Is it just me, or has there been a very slight upping of the difficulty after this patch? It seems that CPU is now possessing the ball better and defending a tad better as well. Not by much, but enough to notice. It's a good thing if it is true, but it's probably just my mind playing with me.

why does 1v1 seem more unresponsive then 10v10? And i find that most opponents i play online seem to have faster players than me. Doesnt matter who i control i always seem to be chasing. Its like my players have no time on the ball at all and can be closed down in an instant and 1 through ball and i am in trouble. I have adjusted tactics and im not a twat when it comes to understanding the game. It just seems that opponents get faster players than me.

The AI in Fifa is fucking terrible. In a Manager Mode with Newcastle I've lost 3-1, 1-0 and been 3-0 down to Wigan before half-time before giving up. The AI is so bias it's unbeliveable. I'm on fully-manual but the AI is just on assisted meaning every pass i make is intercepted before my player gets ANYWHERE near it. It's just too perfect, the AI. For instace, against Wigan, one of their players delivered a bullet ball into the box that was going straight to Kapo's waist. He stood there, still, for ages until he stuck his right leg up when the ball was near touching him and it slotted PERFECTLY in the bottom corner. That doesn't happen in real life. Ever. I'm fucked off with this game. It's just Fifa 08 with a bit of polish.

The AI in Fifa is fucking terrible. In a Manager Mode with Newcastle I've lost 3-1, 1-0 and been 3-0 down to Wigan before half-time before giving up. The AI is so bias it's unbeliveable. I'm on fully-manual but the AI is just on assisted meaning every pass i make is intercepted before my player gets ANYWHERE near it. It's just too perfect, the AI. For instace, against Wigan, one of their players delivered a bullet ball into the box that was going straight to Kapo's waist. He stood there, still, for ages until he stuck his right leg up when the ball was near touching him and it slotted PERFECTLY in the bottom corner. That doesn't happen in real life. Ever. I'm fucked off with this game. It's just Fifa 08 with a bit of polish.
It's far from perfect and the AI can be too perfect and the help it gives itself can grind, but since both this and PES have used all these things before, I can't see how they will change it, it's still a great game despite these things though I also doubt I'll ever get to play with manual shooting, that's just too frustrating for me...

I can't believe how unlucky I was today. I hit the post at least a dozen times, if not more.

And I've had the worse miss since I got the game. I was 5 yards away from an empty goal and I still managed to shoot way over the bar. I didn't even pressed the shoot button hard for Christ's sake.

:RANT:

World Class.
The game cheats on World Class and above, same as PES does.

If you want a fair challenge, go an average League One/League Two side and stick the difficulty on professional. You won't win but not because of the amount of cheating going on.

why does 1v1 seem more unresponsive then 10v10? And i find that most opponents i play online seem to have faster players than me. Doesnt matter who i control i always seem to be chasing. Its like my players have no time on the ball at all and can be closed down in an instant and 1 through ball and i am in trouble. I have adjusted tactics and im not a twat when it comes to understanding the game. It just seems that opponents get faster players than me.

I'm with you on this. 1v1 is totally ruined because of the unresponsiveness.

I also think the difficulty has gone up since the patch, only playing on Professional as well.

Much better for it though, enjoying my matches a lot more now :D

I'm with you on this. 1v1 is totally ruined because of the unresponsiveness.

had some idiot send me an abusive message when our connection was lost during a game. I was losing so of course he/she automatically asumed that i quit and thought it necessary to call me a F this and f that. Class! it turns out it was my connection that failed but it was not intentional. I replied to this stating what happened and i actually got an apology but too little too late. Its frustrating when ppl quit but i hope ppl just think twice about slagging ppl off coz its not always someone quitting.

The game cheats on World Class and above, same as PES does.

If you want a fair challenge, go an average League One/League Two side and stick the difficulty on professional. You won't win but not because of the amount of cheating going on.

I haven't noticed any 'cheating' on World Class and I play both BAPS and regular matches on that level.

I also think the difficulty has gone up since the patch, only playing on Professional as well.

Much better for it though, enjoying my matches a lot more now :D

Does the CPU have more possession on Professional now? I moved upto WC because they CPU just let you have the ball but it was difficult to break them down.

Can someone check something for me please? Preferably on 360 as that's the platform I'm playing on. I think there's a big bug in the new patch.

I spent 30 minutes setting up an 08-09 Champions League custom tournament to play with dad against the CPU, both of us on the same side.
When it came to the first game, shortly after the referee blew the whistle to start the match, the 360 froze.

Loaded the save again, tried again, put both of us across to the same side, referee blows his whistle to start the match, 360 froze.

Tried a default tournament rather than a custom one, Aston Villa in the FA Cup, put both of us across to the same side, referee blows his whistle to start the match, 360 froze.

Can someone please connect two 360 pads up (no need to sign in a profile with the second pad), go into FIFA, go into a tournament (any of the default ones will do) and pick any side, put both pads onto that side and then try to get past the kick-off of the first match?

Thanks.

EDIT: Looks like it's a bug, over on the official EA FIFA forums PEOPLE ARE EXPERIENCING THE SAME THING.

What a fucking huge bug that is, so we can't play against the CPU now? And what are the odds there will ever be a second patch to fix it, 100-1?

Tried disconnecting the ethernet cable etc., it doesn't fix it, and it's the same on his console and my console...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom