FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

well i hope the ps3 patch is out by this evening as i can have a late one on Fifa tonight. No work til Monday.....shame i have to go work now and finish my shift.

Can we have a be nice to Bus Drivers day please everybody.....had a bad morning with passengers. Sooo Ruuuude!

what has happened to WENB site? its been offline for days...anybody know?

well i hope the ps3 patch is out by this evening as i can have a late one on Fifa tonight. No work til Monday.....shame i have to go work now and finish my shift.

Can we have a be nice to Bus Drivers day please everybody.....had a bad morning with passengers. Sooo Ruuuude!

what has happened to WENB site? its been offline for days...anybody know?

Man I could not be a bus driver with all the crap you must get, I'd be too tempted to just drive past stops without stopping too... ;)

yeah most likely Placebo. Even though i dont play PES anymore i still like to frequent the site to read whats going on. After all i was a big fan for the past few years. Cant see that changing back anytime soon. Fifa10 has me drooling already.

ONLINE TEAM PLAY. This may sound dum but only just stumbled across this when i was messing about in the lobbies last night. Is it correct that i can create a room, password protect it, then invite my friends in then play say 3(friends and i) Vs ..... ?

I think the update was just a Adidas live update, as message still scrolls along the bottom of screen saying "patch coming soon". Also if you look on marketplace theres a live season update advertised.

I think the update was just a Adidas live update, as message still scrolls along the bottom of screen saying "patch coming soon". Also if you look on marketplace theres a live season update advertised.

I don't think so. It updated my game, too, although I'm not subscribed to any Adidas live update service. Oh well, guess we'll find out soon enough...

im really getting put off on this game. Going semi controls the game feels bland and not much different then 08 in terms of passing, crossing, etc. The collison physics are awesome, the animations are great the first 30 games, but then you get used to it and dont notice it. the moves are impossible and never fucking work. Most of the goals i score are one on ones with the keeper, and those are usually off of a ridiculous turnover. On manual the game is fucking hard. I dont know how the hell you guys manual pass, it is so hard. The weather thing in MM is starting to get to me now as well. When i play on manual in MM, i cant get shit going. The main gripe i have is still the response times. The computer AI dont have the same response times, you can sprint to them and they can wait till the last possible second to pass the ball, if you do that, you get stuffed. The jostle button is cool, but hard to use sometimes. Headers are hard as shit, i can barely ever win any. im starting to dislike this game. I do like playing 2 v 2, right now that is the only mode im liking...

I play professional with semi passing and everything else on manual and I'm enjoying the game a lot. I don't play more than 3 or 4 matches per week on single player, though.

In multiplayer (offline and online) is where I get the most of it, and play twice a week and even with the crabwalking it's a great game, so I'm waiting for the patch!

The response times are fine for me, what they need to work on is a system to get tackling more difficult preferably in favour of attackers when in standing situations, ei Ronaldo can have defenders back of him rather than charge him down so that if you charge at him he can just win a easy free kick or skip past them with ease. mainly tackling and closing down needs a system also, not everyone should be a Tevez/Kuyt. The main gameplay additions im looking for...

The response times are fine for me, what they need to work on is a system to get tackling more difficult preferably in favour of attackers when in standing situations, ei Ronaldo can have defenders back of him rather than charge him down so that if you charge at him he can just win a easy free kick or skip past them with ease. mainly tackling and closing down needs a system also, not everyone should be a Tevez/Kuyt. The main gameplay additions im looking for...

Totally agreed. That's the main thing I would like to be revamped for the next installment. And I really hope that misplacing tackles and pression generates a good amount of fouls and cards, so that you have to judge well when and who you're tackling.

No it's not out yet. FIFA asks you to update, but it's not the real patch for definate.

thats not what an EA forum mod said...he said this yesterday:

"Afternoon all. As many Xbox360 players are now probably aware, I can confirm that the FIFA 09 update is now available to download on the Xbox360!

PlayStation3 owners; the update is still due out this week on PS3."

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...1580-fifa-09-update-notes-20.html#post6154350

i think u 360s players wont notice much diference in the update since u guys didnt have the crabwalking bug or the satium maj23 framerate issues.

im really getting put off on this game. Going semi controls the game feels bland and not much different then 08 in terms of passing, crossing, etc. The collison physics are awesome, the animations are great the first 30 games, but then you get used to it and dont notice it. the moves are impossible and never fucking work. Most of the goals i score are one on ones with the keeper, and those are usually off of a ridiculous turnover. On manual the game is fucking hard. I dont know how the hell you guys manual pass, it is so hard. The weather thing in MM is starting to get to me now as well. When i play on manual in MM, i cant get shit going. The main gripe i have is still the response times. The computer AI dont have the same response times, you can sprint to them and they can wait till the last possible second to pass the ball, if you do that, you get stuffed. The jostle button is cool, but hard to use sometimes. Headers are hard as shit, i can barely ever win any. im starting to dislike this game. I do like playing 2 v 2, right now that is the only mode im liking...

Yeah I'm sorta with you. Think online is the only way to go. The latest thing I've noticed in MM is that whenever the comp 'needs a win' they just implement that everytime they tackle your player, he stumbles or falls, and everytime you tackle theirs, it doesn't affect them. So even though the tackle has 'real' physics and the ball squirts out randomly, your player is stuck in stumbling animation while the CPU can happily go collect the ball.

Oh and shooting is definitely scripted/influenced. There are definitely games when I know i won't score unless I'm 1 on 1 with an empty net, and even then I may hit the post or crossbar magically.

I agree with most of what you say here. The game IS better this year, but the modes are all the same offline. There is NOTHING new with MM this year. I haven't even made it through 2 full seasons with a team yet because I am so bored.

I decided to play BAPS and started with Juve as my own created player. I am literally bored as shit watching the game play around me and having no control over how shitty the players around me are playing. I finished a full season as a striker and nothing changed even though I scored boatloads of goals. The weather changes were nice though...

I think I am exchanging this game now. I haven' done that since Winning Eleven 7 days.

the online part of this game is PISSING ME OFF TOO!!! First off live season doesn not work, i paid over $20 for this and it doesnt fucking work. Second, be a pro online and online clubs is fucked. Whenever any of my mates and I try to do a online club with 3 or more people, the game never connects. Then when we went into do 2 v 2 private match be a pro online, it kicks my boy out. it was doing this a few weeks back with my brother and it still does it to him. But we can play COD fine together. THIS SUCKS. This fifa is overated. 2 v 2 local is its last saving grace. I even played jflrores in some 1 v 1 games last night. and quite honestly it really wasnt as fun when we used to play PRO evo 2007 on 360. If your a 4 star or below team, the pace is good, but your players touches suck so you cant get many scoring chances. Then if you play with 5 start teams, the pace is way too fast and it turns into a sprint fucking fest. The only goals being scored are mistakes and turnovers by your defenders. This game needs alot of work for FIFA10

Back
Top Bottom