FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

haha. placebo,i'm sure i didn't press it. all i do is controlling my player to head away the ball,but as i saw my goalkeeper moving on the ball lane,i thought he would catch it, instead,he just looking at it like a retard,while cisse head the ball while smiling. shit shit shit. and that's how i lost my FA cup 3rd round. on world class and legendary, sunderland is even more harder than Arsenal or Chelsea. it's just so fucking hard even i play myself at home,but the defender ALWAYS get their feet right on the ball,ALWAYS.

finally just about mastered palying this game on complete manual..i was struggling with the judging the angles but the secret i have found is adjust the power first and then the direction second. You can make some superb reverse passes into space and it opens the game up no end. And the crosses you can do are unbeliveable. You can bend them right onto the far post..The shooting is still hard but managed to score twice in 4 games on world class..Saying that though i can manage about 80-85% of shots on target now. Before was about 10% if lucky :) It is definatley more rewarding on manual

finally just about mastered palying this game on complete manual..i was struggling with the judging the angles but the secret i have found is adjust the power first and then the direction second. You can make some superb reverse passes into space and it opens the game up no end. And the crosses you can do are unbeliveable. You can bend them right onto the far post..The shooting is still hard but managed to score twice in 4 games on world class..Saying that though i can manage about 80-85% of shots on target now. Before was about 10% if lucky :) It is definatley more rewarding on manual
Your a better man than me manual bar shooting I have to have semi, it's almost like another AI cheat to me... :WORSHIP:

The mistake i was making was if i wanted to shoot say top corner i would start to run that way and shoot whilst facing that way and it would just baloon well wide..So no i take my sprint off, try to get the body postion right, press power about half for a high shot and then the direction..seem to go on target..What i love about manual mode is you see more vriety of shots too as the passes/crosses sometimes go behind the players so the pull off some excellent voleys

I tried doing that Tik, but then you end up changing players every other game and even then i never had an injury longer than 1 week in three seasons... :((

Damn EA sort it out, this could be done in a patch very easily..

Tbh I don't mind the needed rotation, I play with Liverpool :D

Shame the injuries don't improve though.

Played a few MM games last night, playing on World Class with Las Palmas. I forgot how good the game is :D

I need to increase the half length though. I'm currently on 5 min halves and both myself and the opposition are averaging 4 shots a game, mostly scraps in the middle of the pitch.

Yeh, I love how every game is a challenge, you really shouldnt be going on 20 game winning streaks, if your on form 5-6 is a great run. I decided I wanted to start right from the bottom, Im San Jose Earthquakes from the MLS :))

Yeh, I love how every game is a challenge, you really shouldnt be going on 20 game winning streaks, if your on form 5-6 is a great run. I decided I wanted to start right from the bottom, Im San Jose Earthquakes from the MLS :))

nice you have huckerby and some irish dude who used to play for juve...

Thats good then, I think when I move team I'll have to restrict my fitness staff. I put it up to 6 for my current team but I only have to rotate every 4th/5th match. Think I'll go for 4 next time and see if its better.

It seems like level 4 makes your players really tired whereas as 5 seems to have a good balance. I've just decided not to touch any of the upgrades at all. The fitness thing especially, but the players progress REALLY fast as well and it makes the game kind of boring to me.

There's debate on the FIFA forums as to whether it's "the" patch or not, it doesn't seem to have fixed much if it is...

i hope if they do another patch that they fix the match creation where you can only select manual or assisted opponents. There really needs to be a semi option. I play on semi (shooting, passing, corners) but i played this guy last night, i lost 2-0 but he was fully assisted. It was more like pinball than football. Couldnt believe how angry it made me. I just thought whats the point. No skill involved playing fully assisted and i think EA should do away with it entirely, Manaul is too difficult for me but im going to give it another try. Despite boiling up i still let this infant finish the game. I hate quitters even more than pinball merchants.

It seems like some of you are getting confused here, there are two separate updates...

There is a fifa09 patch available on the 360. Mine updated last night but I couldn't see any difference in the gameplay tbh.

There is also the new dashboard update for the 360 that is available today, that allows you to install fifa09 (and all other games) to your hard drive. This will improve loading times, stop the dvd spinning all the time during gameplay and hopefully improve performance as the xbox can access the hard drive faster than it can the dvd.

Back
Top Bottom