FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Nope, if they were going to fix that then they would have done it in the original game, not a patch, because it was the same in 08. Another thing they don't give a shit about.

Well miffed now - in Manager Mode, ive just played a game on the 30th and then its give me 2 games both on the 31st. The 2nd game though on the 31st is my League Cup Final match. All my best players are totally knackered!!! Gutted.:RANT:

Please, in offline mode, i play with low high camera tele. In online mode i can choose this camera or it´s always the same.

Thanks

Well miffed now - in Manager Mode, ive just played a game on the 30th and then its give me 2 games both on the 31st. The 2nd game though on the 31st is my League Cup Final match. All my best players are totally knackered!!! Gutted.:RANT:

Very old bug that dates back to Fifa06 on PS2, seems they don't care about it. It's weird cos I've played in League 2 and you have league matches, FA Cup matches, Carling Cup matches, Autoglass Cup matches and I never had a single fixture clash, so why can't they do the same for when you're in the Premiership?

To be honest I rather see them put all the energy in 2010. But if this patching team doesn't have anything to do with 2010 then go ahead... There has been so much change in general from 08 so bugs was always going to happen when they have such short time to produce a new game.

I see this years game and 2010 more as beta versions of a future version where they will start to address the "smaller" things. Just Like PES has done for 4-5 years now.

We are pleased to announce a game update for FIFA 09 on Xbox360 and PS3, hopefully arriving sometime next week. In line with community feedback, we have spent time improving the gameplay experience and addressed the following problems:

- Fixed side-stepping issue on lofted through balls
Fixing the issue where a player sidesteps when trying to control a lofted through ball instead of running straight onto it and controlling it, was a top priority for the EAC development team. We’re happy to say that the team at EAC has been able to fix this problem and it will be included in the game update.

- Improved advantage rule: fixed goals being called back for free kicks
There was a problem in the advantage rule whereby the referee would call back a goal if it was scored when the advantage was being played. Instead the referee would give a FK or a PK to the fouled player. This issue has been resolved in the game update. Goals that are going in when a foul is committed will count when they score.

- Improved number assigning in Manager Mode
When signing a player in Manager Mode the player now makes a more sensible decision, based on this position, on which number he would like, whereas previously he would always take the number 2.

- Allowed up to 8 user-controlled teams in Tournament Mode
After installing the game update it will be possible to play in Tournament Mode with up to 8 user-controlled teams. This gives the option to host bigger events with your friends to compete in offline-tournaments. Have fun!

- Removed ability to bring custom teams into Online ranked matches
Everybody has the option to transfer players in his favorite team and create his own custom dream team. This is an option we want to offer everybody to enjoy the feeling of creating own teams and play matches online or offline. When it comes to ranked competitive online matches we think only real teams should compete against each other to keep everybody’s chances even. So with the update it is no longer possible to enter a ranked match with a custom created team. You will still be able to upload your customized team online as in customized starting line-up with the existing players of that team’s roster

- Fixed Stadium 23.Maj lag issue
We fixed a major frame rate issue in 23.Maj stadium.

- Fixed join issue in Online Team Play Lobbies
A game hang issue occurred during search for available OTP game sections within the lobby rooms has been resolved.

I'm sad to see that they didn't fix the bug in BAPS where all of the sudden you can only recieve bad rates and not good ones (and I'm not talking about when you already have a high rating, because then you'll obviously not get plus points for every pass). There have only been a couple of threads about that on the official forum so I don't even think they know about that bug, because it would probably be easy to fix.

That bug is even worse in multiplayer BAPS, I seriously think they forgot to play test that part of the game.

Edit: The advantage rule is probably the only one that I will notice since I only play baps, still nice to see that they actually listen to people even if they don't have time to fix everything.

Last edited:
I've learned to cross better on this game, finally!

My whip deadly crosses are performed by holding down the RT and pointing with the LS where I want the ball to land. It works excellent!

One thing that's a bit hard to do is letting go of RT and immediately taking control of the player in the box with LT. You have to make this exchange fast...when done right, you can really take control of the player in the box and hit RT for a powerful, on the run, header.

Switching the field with long balls using the above method also works while holding RT.

Everyday I find new things in this game that needs mastering. The depth and learning curve is brill!

What I like about this game is that you have freedom to play any style you like.

One question for anyone here that can answer, I noticed that the Dell Alpi stadium's nets are different in color and texture. They even animate better than the standard white one. Does anyone know what other stadium has this same type nets? not necessarily the color, but the design.

I've learned to cross better on this game, finally!

My whip deadly crosses are performed by holding down the RT and pointing with the LS where I want the ball to land. It works excellent!

One thing that's a bit hard to do is letting go of RT and immediately taking control of the player in the box with LT. You have to make this exchange fast...when done right, you can really take control of the player in the box and hit RT for a powerful, on the run, header.

Switching the field with long balls using the above method also works while holding RT.

Everyday I find new things in this game that needs mastering. The depth and learning curve is brill!

What I like about this game is that you have freedom to play any style you like.

One question for anyone here that can answer, I noticed that the Dell Alpi stadium's nets are different in color and texture. They even animate better than the standard white one. Does anyone know what other stadium has this same type nets? not necessarily the color, but the design.

What's your buttons set to jflores?...

The biggest thing I have found in the game is quick tactics and their settings they can make a big difference...

I also discovered that you add the curve to crosses by starting holding for example 3 o'clock and "roll" to 12 o'clock to make the ball curve to that position. If only pressing cross and holding up you'll get a cross without curve. What's good with the curved ones that you can get more topspin so they'll get a bit harder but more control than double tapped crosses.

People probably already knows that this is how curved crosses work but I didn't before so maybe someone will have use of this info. Also if the player has low curve attribute the ball obviously wont curve that much.

I would have loved to see that curved through balls would work this way too but as far as I know it doesn't. So if I ran right I would hold down through ball button, start aiming right (3 o'clock) and roll the stick to 2 o'clock to make the ball have a right to left curl on it.

I also discovered that you add the curve to crosses by starting holding for example 3 o'clock and "roll" to 12 o'clock to make the ball curve to that position. If only pressing cross and holding up you'll get a cross without curve. What's good with the curved ones that you can get more topspin so they'll get a bit harder but more control than double tapped crosses.

People probably already knows that this is how curved crosses work but I didn't before so maybe someone will have use of this info. Also if the player has low curve attribute the ball obviously wont curve that much.

I would have loved to see that curved through balls would work this way too but as far as I know it doesn't. So if I ran right I would hold down through ball button, start aiming right (3 o'clock) and roll the stick to 2 o'clock to make the ball have a right to left curl on it.

Correct, that's how I curve my crosses/free-kicks as well.

The biggest thing I have found in the game is quick tactics and their settings they can make a big difference...

Ive missed the formation change in quick tactics though. I was under the impression that this would be linked but I still have to change it manually in the pauze/management page. One fo the elements that I really liked in PES (even though after two weeks I didnt need it anymore) was being able to have your standard setup and be able to go to attacking mentality and formation by setting it up for X and [] or go ultra defensive with O and /\. From what I have found I can only adjust the tactics and that the formation is always the same. Something to add for the next game.

Ive missed the formation change in quick tactics though. I was under the impression that this would be linked but I still have to change it manually in the pauze/management page. One fo the elements that I really liked in PES (even though after two weeks I didnt need it anymore) was being able to have your standard setup and be able to go to attacking mentality and formation by setting it up for X and [] or go ultra defensive with O and /\. From what I have found I can only adjust the tactics and that the formation is always the same. Something to add for the next game.

Yeah that is annoying, also why can you compare your own players but not future transfer buys? why one not the other...

Also, they really should make the teammanagement page a single player version and just use the current one for multiplayer. What is the point in seeing a "ready" across half the screen?

Anyone else having problems with Xbox Live disconnecting on FIFA09 this afternoon. First off my game took ages to load, then I noticed that the option to play Champions of Gaming (think that's what it's called) was missing. Got disconnected from Xbox Live, restarted the xbox, took ages to load FIFA again but this time Champions of Gaming option was back, got disconected from Xbox Live again. Loaded again, Champions of Gaming gone again, got disconnected again. GAVE UP!!
Wonder if they are doing something with Champions of Gaming mode or maybe putting the patch up?

can someone give me some pointers on manual shooting please..it just seems to go well wide every time and always seems to go in a straight line even when pressing R1. On semi it would bend to near the bottom corner...lob pass ive mastered and through pass ive mastered..my crossing is slightly improving but shooting is really really hard and i rarely get it on target

Back
Top Bottom