FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Sometimes playing the game online is so frustrating. For one, its of course impossible to control all the players on the field at once. But is it really that hard to program the players to do a basic job when you are not in control. Why are your players programmed to just be an empty shell unless you control them for defense. Its so frustrating to watch the opposing players to run right through them as they stand there just because, also another flaw, I try to switch players manually, and the game wont let me because it is stuck in an animation. Honestly, is it that hard to let me switch players when I hit the damn button to switch players, i dont give a fuck about an animation, just give me the player i want. And even when it does give me a player, it will be a player who is not even closest to the ball there by fucking me again when I expecting the player in front of the ball to get chosen.

How does this stuff make it through testing! how i ask.

Hmm seem to have a lot more keeper errors in this than 08, quite a few times the keeper has moved away from the ball or just not reacted to over hit through balls etc. Had three goals last night all from my keeper not reacting to loose balls near him and you could not get control of him either...

stop nitpicking. its a great game. instead of playing it LOOKING for flaws, just play it and have fun. For gods sake.

The only way to improve the game is get feedback back to EA, so they can sort things out in either a patch or for the next release.
There are plenty of positive posts in here and I'm playing the thing for around 20 hours a week, if I didn't like it I wouldn't be playing it, I don't see finding bugs and errors as nitpicking, the wrong coloured boots or not having the right sweatbands maybe...

15 international commentary packs for EA SPORTS FIFA 09 ready to download today

From today on all 14 international commentary packs will be available on both the PlayStation Network for PlayStation 3 and on Xbox Live for Xbox 360 for free. Fans worldwide can now experience for the first time ever all language commentary packs with the different commentators from all over the world.

FIFA 09 currently features specific languages by region but from today gamers can download and experience all other language packs like the German, English or the Russian commentary and commentators. This will deliver a great new international experience to all FIFA 09 fans.

The following commentary packs will be available from today:

English
Andy Gray
Martin Tyler

French
Herve Mathoux
Franck Sauzée

Italian
Giuseppe Bergomi
Fabio Caressa

German
Tom Bayer
Sebastian Hellman

Spanish
Paco González
Manolo Lama

Mexico
Perro Bermúdez
Ricardo Pelaez

Dutch
Youri Mulder
Evert Ten Napel

Portuguese
David Carvalho
Hélder Conduto

Hungarian
Richard Faragó
István B. Hajú

Russian
Yuri Rozanov
Vasily Solojov

Swedish
Glenn Hysén
Henrik Strömblad

Czech
Bosák Jaromír
Petr Svěcený

Polish
Włodzimierz Szaranowicz
Dariusz Szpakowski

Brazilian
Paulo Vinícius Coelho
Nivaldo Prieto

Additionally FIFA 09 offers a whole new commentary pack for download on the PlayStation Network and Xbox Marketplace. An additional English commentary pack with Andy Townsend and Clive Tyldesley previously unavailable on any version of FIFA 09 is available for download now on for only £3.99 (UK) or 400 XMP.

To learn more about FIFA 09 visit FIFA 09

Pricing:

Australia
AUD 8.45

Austria
€ 4.99

Belgium
€ 4.99

Denmark
DKK 39.95

Finland
EURO 4.95

France
€ 4.99

Germany
€ 4.99

Ireland
€ 4.99

Italy
€ 4.99

Luxembourg
€ 4.99

Netherlands
€ 4.99

New Zealand
NZD 9.50

Norway
NOK 40.00

Portugal
€ 4.99

Russia
RUB 170.00

South Africa
ZAR 45.00

Spain
€ 4.99

Sweden
SEK 45.00

Switzerland
CHF 7.95

UAE
USD 6.49

United Kingdom
£ 3.99

Czech
CZK 135.00

Greece
€ 4.99

Poland
PLN 18.00

Saudi Arabia
USD 6.49

:SHOCK:

Awesome!!!

I love Clive!!! I wonder if we will have to specify which commentary team to use, or if the game will randomly choose either Tyler & Gray for one match, then Tyldesley and Townsend the next! That would be quality.

Last edited:
Martin Tyler and Andy Gray do matches that are shown on Sky Sports.

Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend do matches that are shown on ITV.

:))

so if understand correct they just got the few pc exclusive comentaries and converted to the ps3/360?
cause the brazilian comentary was only avalible on pc.

btw, is it out on your psn(europe) already?
theres nothing in mine(US) PSN.

Definitely buying the alternate commentary, but I have to ask the same question as Tim, is there any way to make it random though? So one game it's Martin and Andy G, next game it's Clive and Andy T? That way you get the best of both worlds.

I wish you could get some form of Asian commentary as well, just to take me back to Winning Eleven times. Brazilian is close enough I suppose, as long as they go GOALGOALGOALGOALGOALGOALGOAL! GOAL! GOAL!

Definitely buying the alternate commentary, but I have to ask the same question as Tim, is there any way to make it random though? So one game it's Martin and Andy G, next game it's Clive and Andy T? That way you get the best of both worlds.

I wish you could get some form of Asian commentary as well, just to take me back to Winning Eleven times. Brazilian is close enough I suppose, as long as they go GOALGOALGOALGOALGOALGOALGOAL! GOAL! GOAL!

I have always wondered who does the commentary on the Japanese version. If the Japanese version was not released so long after the Asian I would get it just to test it out.

Shame EA are not making the Japanese pack available.

I'd welcome more Nike boots, four is pathetic especially compared to the number of Adidas boots.

Nope when you select commentry language in your settings you either pick english or english 2 (new one). No option to random them up

more 3rd kits are a must. Playing Everton vs Blackburn is a bitch

dont evan tell me about it!
since they only gave everton 2 kits, they should have made the 3rd kit instead of the 2nd for everton... in real life i think they wont be wearing that white 2nd kit in many macthes, if any... while the 3rd kit was already used twice and will be used in every macth away against blue teams.

but i talked with a fifa producer and he told me that everton and city's third kit didnt make into the game cause they were released too late, and thats true. but it would be nice if they could add it, although like i said i highly doubt that will happen.

It could be possible, If I remember right in FIFA08 when the January squad update came out they added Cech's Headgear

Someone on EA Forums said:
For anyone thinking about getting the "English Commentary Pack 2", DONT WASTE YOUR POINTS.
The commentary is dire, and has just been lifted from the Euro 2008 game.
Each game starts with "this international game", even when you are playing premiership.
There are hardly any player names said and the whole thing is lifeless and generic, like Pro EVO's commentary.

400 points for something that doesn't even say the right stuff?!?! EA have just gone right down in my estimations after this (not that I had a high opinion of them anyway)
I want my frickin' points back!!!
Oh dear oh dear :((.

How do you drive in corners? The CPU does it my games every now and then and I'm jealous.

Back
Top Bottom