FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

I've gone off this a little now. Playing on 360 its just become a little tedious. I just realized what crab walking is... I think I thought it was just some crappy AI cheat, your player backing off the ball in crucial situations... not acceptable.

My manager mode is going well, playing as Grimbsy Town and sitting on top of League 2 but the monotony of the mode is deal breaking, after playing an entire season with zero weather implementation and the AI not touching their roster, I've just become uninterested. Rutter has done a great job in a lot of areas with this game but he really needs his butt kicked by Peter Moore for the travesty that is Manager Mode. I understand it was not a priority this year but all it needed was some simple tweaks and we would of been happy to wait until next year for a more advanced version, but they barely even touched the code. How hard could it be to introduce the weather that is in BAP? To get some kind of fatigue and roster rotation system for the AI?

Its a great game but I won't be playing again until they finally patch it. Then I'll give it another chance. For now I'm hooked on Madden 09, its brilliant.

Well I'm well and truely fucked off with this game, but it's not the games fault lol. I've dropped an amazing 8500 places and am now out of teh rankings. Something is up with my internet connection. When I'm playing online now the response is even worse than a bad day on FIFA 08. I'm getting battered by shit players. It was fine when FIFA 09 first came out but now I can't do jack. It's so frustrating though and I aint got a clue whats up. I got a new modem from Virgin yesterday but its still as bad. I think I may leave Virgin and their 20 meg service. Has anyone else had similar problems and what was the solution.

Here are my current internet speeds which look fine but something is definitely up

your upload is terrible

that speed is more than fine down and up.. and I hardly ever get lag and my D is 12mb and upload just above 600...

probably down to Virgin Media

Virgin Media have been having issues with their internet speeds in recent weeks, thats probably why.

Still no news on the patch I see, played a seven hour bash on MM last night and was one goal away from second in the table on goal difference, rounded last defender and in on goal in the last min of normal time and got hacked down, no free kick Arrrghh!!!
I really hope they sort this out on the PS3...

yeh nick,im wondering wheres the pacth too...
i have stoped playing the game due to the crab walking...its so annowying when u craft a great play just to be spoiled by that horrenduous bug i cant evan describe.

i still play with assist. manual is too fucking hard mate and doesnt help when everyone else uses assist online. i played ones with jayD and we was both on manual and i must say it was fucking fun mate.

I tried playing all manual and for f**ks sake it's hard as hell. I was playing on professional and hit the woodwork or just missed the goal 98% of the time. What's the point? It was hard enough carving out chances only to see them go juuuuust wide. I do have my passing on Semi and Shooting on semi now though and it's more fun for ME that way.

I don't play online at all so don't flame me... ;)

As already covered it's a PS3 exclusive, I get 6-7 fouls every match as minimum from the AI on the 360 version.

I play on the PS3 and get fouls all the time. I think it's a matter of how you play the game. I tend to move alot and pass alot and those little moves around players usually end up in a foul.

I've gone off this a little now. Playing on 360 its just become a little tedious. I just realized what crab walking is... I think I thought it was just some crappy AI cheat, your player backing off the ball in crucial situations... not acceptable.

My manager mode is going well, playing as Grimbsy Town and sitting on top of League 2 but the monotony of the mode is deal breaking, after playing an entire season with zero weather implementation and the AI not touching their roster, I've just become uninterested. Rutter has done a great job in a lot of areas with this game but he really needs his butt kicked by Peter Moore for the travesty that is Manager Mode. I understand it was not a priority this year but all it needed was some simple tweaks and we would of been happy to wait until next year for a more advanced version, but they barely even touched the code. How hard could it be to introduce the weather that is in BAP? To get some kind of fatigue and roster rotation system for the AI?

Its a great game but I won't be playing again until they finally patch it. Then I'll give it another chance. For now I'm hooked on Madden 09, its brilliant.

You know, I had a chance to play ALOT this weekend and was coming online to write about the same thing this morning. I am absolutely BORED with this game already and it's only been a month.

MM is exactly the same as last year but with improved gameplay. That is not enough for me at all. Why can't there be weather in MM? It's absolutely ridiculous that is wasn't added and totally kills the whole experience for me as I was so excited about the weather. I have tried BAPS and find it too tedious to control ONE player and get marked off ratings wise for everything I do. Let me play how I want to play - if I want to cherry pick for a goal don't mark me off for not defending someone.

In all, I am over this game and it's really sad. The crabwalking thing sucks, but that alone hasn't killed the game for me. It's the lack of anything NEW in the one mode I have loved for years. I have even played with lower division teams... Won League 1 and the Paint Trophy, 2nd in Cola Championship next year, and already bored now that I am in the EPL. Ii went up in difficulty as well and it became AI god mode.

Blah, so disappointing.

I tried playing all manual and for f**ks sake it's hard as hell. I was playing on professional and hit the woodwork or just missed the goal 98% of the time. What's the point? It was hard enough carving out chances only to see them go juuuuust wide. I do have my passing on Semi and Shooting on semi now though and it's more fun for ME that way.

manual is too hard especial on a joypad. racing on fully manual with a steering wheel is not the same as playing fifa09 on manual. imo to play full on manual, the device u use to play the game needs to help in that realism otherwise it can be a pain for some people.

for example: i never play racing games on manual using a joypad. its just too hard and crap but on my logitech g25 steering wheel i play on full on manual WITH the clutch on and find it easier then playing auto on a control pad

Hmm not quite following that Eric MM = Manager Mode, I only have a problem when playing Manager Mode as for the other modes I have only played a handful of games so I don't know if they have the same issue...

I play only in MM - that should clarify. :) The game is what it is I guess

I play on semi, for the ones I can and asisted for those I can't change to semi. Tried manual but it's way too sensitive. At least for me. Semi works out fine.

P.S - I crab walked my way to the store today. Try it, youlllike it! Everyone, do the crabwalk!

No, he just alluded to the previous list of stuff that they were "looking into", which was about 6 things and other than the crab walking thing and some stadium slowdown they're pretty inconsequential things IIRC....

New update from David Rutter:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/5935084-post1217.html

WOW!

So I've been out of the office in Sunny Mexico meeting some of the press and fans there in advance of launch and I see things have hotted up here too!

Same message as before at the moment...

We're looking at stuff and will get back to you when we know what we might or might not be able to do.

At the moment the 'stuff' we're looking at is...

Bad defending/attacking where the guy turns sideways.
MM re-numbering.
Spanish league Live Seasons problems.
Problem in polish stadia breaking frame rate.
8 players in tournament mode.
Advantage rule.

NOTE - we're not necessarily going to be able to release a 'patch' for all of these things - but we're looking into it at the moment.

Again - please be patient...I'll let you know whats going on when I get the nod myself.

Cheers

D

I'll be very disappointed if that's all they fix to be honest, there's a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge amount of bugs/glitches in Fifa09, it's a good game but too many issues are stopping it from being a great game IMHO.

This is the post.......

Oooh the advantage rule is being looked at, good stuff :)). I'm never sure if it's the games bad programming, or just the cuntish referees in the game, eg. Paul Statham.

;)) :WOOT:

No, he just alluded to the previous list of stuff that they were "looking into", which was about 6 things and other than the crab walking thing and some stadium slowdown they're pretty inconsequential things IIRC....

Yeah, I think I read one that was about kit numbering. Who gives a toss?! The way people flipped out about that one thing on the EA boards was mad. I would rather have weather in MM. How hard could that be to add? Instead we have to worry about who #2 is...

Back
Top Bottom