FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

yeah the 'crab walking' is by far my biggest gripe with fifa 09, so annoying when you play a pin-point pass over the last defenders head for you player to run onto it and then......nothing...starts fucking running sideways, WTF!!

Am I the only one that complains about the ref not calling fouls in your favor? In 20+games I can count the fouls I recieved on one hand. This is not realistic...especially when the fouls are clear. Perhaps I have o play on he easiest level to be fouled? Nuts! Also, lob passes are always cut off by the D which is ridiculous. In real life its easy to lob pass to teamates

I've scored two goals while getting fouled in the box that get called back for penalties... I missed both pens...

Yeah must be, I have no problem winning fouls and AI opponents getting booked/sent off on the 360.

I play on PS3 and get quite a few fouls called for me. However, I have noticed that when I am one on one with the keeper I sometimes get shoved over from behind.

Was playing as Leeds in MM against Newcastle in the FA cup. I had 2 red cards and they had one red card as well as tons of yellows.

In BAP Seasons, particularly in the reserves, I found the AI to be really dirty on World Class, constantly lunging into tackles late, hacking people down etc. There is usually about 3 or 4 yellows a game, and usually a red card every other game. There was one match where they had three red cards! They did try and patch it up a bit by sacrificing a striker and a midfielder though.

I can't say about modes where you control the whole team (I have not played many of those games) but in BAP Seasons there are loads of fouls and cards.

The refereeing is pretty bad sometimes though, others have mentioned why. I also think the offside decisions are far too prescise - your player can look level with the defender when the ball is played, but is given offside.
I think the timing of the replay is off as well - sometimes the red line (indicating the attacker) is further from the goal than the yellow line (indicating the last defender)!
There should be some margin for error in those decisions, it simply doesn't simulate real life offside decisions made by humans. I suppose no game will ever be able to replicate human decisions realistically.

I don't really get what's going on, I still can't get any wins to actually get recorded. I had won like 5 straight games, the last one the guy didn't even quit, and I still didn't get credited with a win. Got credited with a loss today though. What is the deal with this???

You say this despite several people saying they've rarely seen the errors that people are complaining about on the PS3 version...

exactly...
the crabwalking is a comom thing on the ps3...i see it about 4 ou 5 times everygame, and its annoyng becasue it happens mostly on very important moments, like through balls...

and as it has been said, the 360 doesnt have this issue.
Ea need to fix this ASAP

Alright my mistake then as I didn't play anything else besides on my PS3. I do believe you. Why would EA fuck us PS3 owners like this is beyond me ?

Can someone explain to me why is there a difference when it comes to in game errors ? Aren't they programmed the same ?? with the same code ? I understand it's a different platform but still.

Alright my mistake then as I didn't play anything else besides on my PS3. I do believe you. Why would EA fuck us PS3 owners like this is beyond me ?

Can someone explain to me why is there a difference when it comes to in game errors ? Aren't they programmed the same ?? with the same code ? I understand it's a different platform but still.

i doubt there the same exact code, its two different dev kits... i think

Which speed do you guys use?

I'm stucked between slow and normal. Can't decide. Just curious what most of you use. I use semi for passing and shooting and everything else on manual with difficulty on world class. It seems a bit too fast on normal so I use slow most of the time. There are some things that I like better with normal speed though. :THINK:

Slow, I have to admit I think the default speed is way too fast - although you only really notice it when it's Man United v Barcelona (i.e. every online game).

man i cant wait to get my replacement ps3 tomorrow. A week without fifa09 is killing me. Not been on this forum much as it makes it even harder reading everyone playing the game, just wondering if there has been any news on a patch?

Wish I'd had my PS3 hooked up last night, scored a freak halfway line goal in a 2 v AI, MM with Arsenal v Liverpool.
They cleared their lines and the ball was hoofed out to the far edge of the halfway line, Fabregas was out there and TBH I went to head the ball back into the mix but miss timed it and hit the ball with long pass pretty much full on just as it bounced. It shot up with bend and dip, the keeper was just outside his six yard box, and still looked to have it covered all the way up to him crashing into the post and the ball hitting the bar and bouncing in... :P

Fuck me, I just can't bear hitting the crossbar/posts, I managed a record of 9hits in a single match of 6 minutes half

It needs looking at TBH I think a team averages about 12-15 a season, EA use it as an AI aid...

When you play football ,hitting the post sometimes is a satisfying specially on long range shots but here it's just pain really.
Scoring headers is already tough (due to jostling and timing) ,the few times I got them spot on I hit the damn crossbar (6 times in the last 10 days)

I hope the patch fixes the FK taker bug. It happens to me all the time when one of my players is fouled and the wrong person is lined up to take the FK. e.g. Gareth Bale and David Bentley take all my FK's and corners but on several occasions (depending on what side of the pitch the foul occurs ) Lennon, Jenas or Hutton are set to take the FK.

well suprise suprise, after waiting in for a whole day, re-aranging work and getting my daughter picked up from school my ps3 NEVER turned up. It was sent to the wrong depot. So now i have to wait til Tuesday. These people think that everyone is sitting at home raking in their dole cheques. That will be 2 weeks without Fifa09. My baby is due in 5 weeks so i dont have much time left for some hardcore gaming.

Back
Top Bottom