FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

I`ve find FIFA 09 to be much more challenging then 08 , 10 v 10 doesn`t work for me unless your playing in club 10 v 10. Tactic settings are great ! game is not perfect ,but what is?? My suggestion for online play is play w/ similar skills as you. Online for me is mostly mint only in rain (overcast me think)I notice slow downs. tbh I`ve only been playing FIFA since July 08 after pes servers broke in pes2008.

For anyone else who thinks night games look crap and wants to avoid them for online games when creating them, i've made a list of ones without the "Night" option:

Code:
Aloha Park
Camp Nou
Estadio Azteca
Estadio Latino
Estadio Vicente Calderon
Euro Park
Football Ground
Fussballstadion
Ivy Lane
O Dromo
Olimpico Generico
Olympiastadion
San Siro
Square Ground
Stade Gerland
Stade Kokoto
Stade Municipal
Stade Velodrome
Stadio Classico
Stadio Delle Alpi
Stadio Olimpico
Stadion 23. Maj
Stadion Neder
Stadion Olympik
Town Park

Haven't played ranked matches on FIFA 09 since release day (I never do, plain ranked/unranked matches bore me to death, I prefer leagues etc. otherwise it's just like playing endless friendlies with no meaning). So I didn't know what to expect when I offered to sit with dad and play as a "guest" with him today (he plays 10-20 a day, no exaggeration, and he's won something like 8 out of 400).

Five people in a row selected Man United, the next guy selected Barcelona, then three people in a row selected Man United, before one guy picked Tottenham. So we played him and he quit at half time. :YAWN: EDIT: And thanks to some glitch, it didn't count as a win for us.

They say there's one born every minute, do they give them a free Xbox with gold Live membership or something?

Last edited:
I have played 3 online ranked games, it's just an assisted through ball fest and not at all realistic, I won't be playing any more. I have played 3, one of them I lost 3-2, the next one I scored around the 20th minute and they quit (yet on my profile it counts on my DNF%) and the other I won 2-0. None were enjoyable, they were all crap.

I have had some decent unranked matches but hardly anyone creates/joins manual games and then your opponent picks the 5* teams and uses assisted almost all the time anyway...

B-O-R-I-N-G

So now I am just playing BAP Seasons, BAP Clubs, playing people I know on semi/manual and I will start a manager mode when I sort out the free agents and make the squad file for it. There's still enough in this game for me to enjoy without 1v1 online with random people thankfully.

The EA Sports ticker at the bottom has spoiled some real world games for me a couple of times now. Anyone know if you can turn that thing off? I can't seem to find an option for it.

have been playing pro evo since release, love it although played fifa last night for the first time in over a week and it's still great...so i'm happy got two games that i enjoy

Question - for world class. What does everyone do in matters of defense to prevent shots on goal from the top of the box? I understand you have to give the cpu space, but sometimes too much space leads to shots on goal - there has to be something we can do about this.

I dont know if anyone has posted this but I have just installed FIFA 09 on my hard drive with the new M$ dash (doesnt support LIVE until 19th Novemeber but im not too bothered)
Massive improvement to my already favourite football game:

Problems I experienced before but now completey gone

Slow Down especially from goal kicks - GONE!
Comentary Behind - GONE!
Slow Substitutions - GONE!
Disc Spinning - 5-10 sec silence - GONE!

Add on lightening loading times too :O)

This is a great dashboard for FIFA..I love it..Coming 19th november i believe

thought it was common knowlege that there is a private beta floating about..loads of people are using it modded and unmodded

Question - for world class. What does everyone do in matters of defense to prevent shots on goal from the top of the box? I understand you have to give the cpu space, but sometimes too much space leads to shots on goal - there has to be something we can do about this.

You'll have to do your best for your defenders to stay in FRONT of the attackers when around the box, denying them the angle to shoot. It can be hard when CPU is twisting and turning effortlessly at every angle, but if they don't have any space to shoot in front of them, they won't (or if they do, it'll sail high). It's less worrying than some of the other CPU attacks though, like their cross/invincible headers they like to do all the time, or their defense splitting through passes (more you stay directly in front of them, more angle you are giving them to pass).

WTF? I just played an online game and the guy I played went Barca, His squad icluded Terry, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Pirlo, Torres, Fabregas, Frey & Casillas. How is this possible?

You'll have to do your best for your defenders to stay in FRONT of the attackers when around the box, denying them the angle to shoot. It can be hard when CPU is twisting and turning effortlessly at every angle, but if they don't have any space to shoot in front of them, they won't (or if they do, it'll sail high). It's less worrying than some of the other CPU attacks though, like their cross/invincible headers they like to do all the time, or their defense splitting through passes (more you stay directly in front of them, more angle you are giving them to pass).

Thanks K_19, I was hoping for your input. This will be another quote I add to my document called K_19_MastaWC_FIFA.doc :) (it's real!). I also believe it could be my formation, when comparing my Preston one with Chelsea - I notice my centerbacks (4-4-2) have a bit of space between each other, leaving the middle significantly open.

WTF? I just played an online game and the guy I played went Barca, His squad icluded Terry, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Pirlo, Torres, Fabregas, Frey & Casillas. How is this possible?
I'm getting one person a week emailing me about this at FIFASoccerBlog, it's unbelievable. No idea how it's done but more and more people seem to be doing it.

yeah i was playing someone on my friends list and he had pretty much all best players. ronaldo,torres,messi etc. list goes on.

i think they have to patch this..

I'm getting one person a week emailing me about this at FIFASoccerBlog, it's unbelievable. No idea how it's done but more and more people seem to be doing it.

I'm not sure if it's got anything to do with custom tactics, as someone said above, but I did hear rumors that it was supposedly possible to use a custom squad (your offline squad actually) in UN-ranked matches. I've actually heard of some glitch that allows this to be done in ranked matches but I've never experienced that. I checked this out though and it does work. I myself put Beckham on Milan and played a friend of mine in an unranked 1 v 1 and he was in fact on the team. I changed his number to "75" and everything. It appears that any changes that you make to your regular offline squad file, are actually kept when you go to play an unranked match. I put the gloves on Berbatov, Evra, and Tevez and all of this registered in the online unranked match.

Now, if the guy that played the super team was playing a ranked match, I don't know how EA let that one slip by. Maybe it's got something to do with them being kind of incompetent.

I'm not sure if it's got anything to do with custom tactics, as someone said above, but I did hear rumors that it was supposedly possible to use a custom squad (your offline squad actually) in UN-ranked matches. I've actually heard of some glitch that allows this to be done in ranked matches but I've never experienced that. I checked this out though and it does work. I myself put Beckham on Milan and played a friend of mine in an unranked 1 v 1 and he was in fact on the team. I changed his number to "75" and everything. It appears that any changes that you make to your regular offline squad file, are actually kept when you go to play an unranked match. I put the gloves on Berbatov, Evra, and Tevez and all of this registered in the online unranked match.

Now, if the guy that played the super team was playing a ranked match, I don't know how EA let that one slip by. Maybe it's got something to do with them being kind of incompetent.

It was an unranked match because I was trying out everything on manual except shooting (semi). I played pretty well but lost 4 - 1 in the end.
Will have to do a custom search next time to make sure I'm playing a gainst someone with same setup.
Anyway, even if the game was unranked, these superstar squads shouldn't happen. Personally, I don't understand why people would do this. I wouldn't want to play as a team that doesn't reflect their squad in real life. It wouldn't interest me having Rooney & Ronaldo at Liverpool, for example. Each to their own though.

Oh man, the feeling you get when you beat United with a smaller team is priceless.

And come on EA, release the damn patch already! I still can't play multiplayer because my game freezes.

2996975171_17b418051c_o.jpg

http://www.chelseamegastore.com/stores/chelsea/products/product_search.aspx?search=fifa

There is a gooner version too I think, I saw the ad during the game last week.

JT can't resist those EA money hats.

Back
Top Bottom