FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

that, imo, is the biggest pain in the arse about this game.

if you get quit on, the game simply never happened/existed.

fucking sort this eeee aaaa.

even peshitty 2009 gives you a 3-0 if you are quit on...it takes away the superb feeling when beating some little man utd asshole, as you know the plug is gonna be pulled.

Are EA even aware of this..maybe placebo knows???

:RANT::BLINK::Y1
That's not true. You automatically get a 3-0 victory whenever someone quits on you.

You just need to wait a few seconds before going to your profile (where you can check you record).

You're all wrong. The biggest problem is that you are basically forced to play assisted unless you know the person you are playing against.

This will be changed next year though, once my campaign gets underway.

Went to my barbershop today and couldnt believe the guys in there were playing Fifa 09. 2 weeks ago I asked them about fifa and they said they didnt mind it but were waiting for Pro. 2 weeks later and they aint impressed with Pro and think Fifa is the real deal. Trust me these guys loved PES so things really are changing for the better when they appreciate what EA is doing with Fifa.

Oh and they cant play 2 player games on the PS3 Fifa 09. It freezes everytime.

Last edited:
I played some guy last night who quit on me in the last minute when I was 2 - 1 up. Why do people do this? I didn't get the result so that's probably why but why wouldn't I have got the result??

I'm not somebody who really gives a shit about my record but was just wondering. I was going to message him to call him a **** but refrained from doing so.
My dad's over 60 and you should see the message some little snotball left him after beating him 5-0. Obviously just a kid but he was using plenty of adult words. These kids should be seperated from the rest of us online.

Reminds me of the whole Russell Brand/Jonathan Ross/Andrew Sachs thing actually. What happened to having respect for your elders...

Sometimes i love this game and sometimes i hate it. Just lost a Cup match with Bayern against Liverpool 0-1 after hitting the post 4 times (3 times i was shooting from inside the box). At the End i got 25 shoots (16 on goal) and Liverpool got 6 shoots (1 on goal). I even missed a penalty with Ribery. Im out of the Cup now and it is really frustrating.

Sometimes it feels like you are not allowed to win. Sometimes it feels like this game is cheating and i really hate it.

You're all wrong. The biggest problem is that you are basically forced to play assisted unless you know the person you are playing against.

This will be changed next year though, once my campaign gets underway.

Let me get this right, so when you select quick ranked/unranked match the game will have assisted controls. So your control setup before the game gets totally ignored even if you have it on semi/manual for example?

Went to my barbershop today and couldnt believe the guys in there were playing Fifa 09. 2 weeks ago I asked them about fifa and they said they didnt mind it but were waiting for Pro. 2 weeks later and they aint impressed with Pro and think Fifa is the real deal. Trust me these guys loved PES so things really are changing for the better when they appreciate what EA is doing with Fifa.

Oh and they cant play 2 player games on the PS3 Fifa 09. It freezes everytime.
Happens to me as well. I think it's because of the Adidas thing. I've found a solution on the 360. You need to log off from your main account and log in a new one where there is no FIFA 09 save file.

I hope they'll fix this with a patch.

Let me get this right, so when you select quick ranked/unranked match the game will have assisted controls. So your control setup before the game gets totally ignored even if you have it on semi/manual for example?
I think he means that if you play on semi/manual you will have to switch to assisted yourself to stand a chance against these people, because assisted passes/shots are so perfect. That's why I don't play ranked matches, your ranking on a video game means absolutely nothing yet some people take it so seriously.

Slight annoyance I have found in regards to defending corners...

I've found that when I'm defending a corner or set piece, there are absolute mismatches in the box. For example, for some unexplainable reason, Evra would be on Torres and Neville will be on Babel, and ALWAYS in the center of the box. Those two should ideally be guarding at the posts... who's at the posts you ask? Ferdinand or Vidic... WTF? In real football it's always typically the shortest guys who guard the posts, since they wouldn't be good in the air in te first place. But in this game, the biggest guys guard the posts, making them useless. Every time they get a corner I have to frantically switch players to those guys to bring them out of the post area and mark the appropriate man. I've tried man marking but it doesn't really make a difference in that regard.

I've also noticed in general that CPU loves to create mismatches in the box and try to head the ball in. I'm selling Neville and Evra because of this, since they're helpless in strength and power... I'd recommend to people to get the strongest, and most efficient defender in the air for your team in MM, so that you don't get headers scored on you over and over again.

That's not true. You automatically get a 3-0 victory whenever someone quits on you.

You just need to wait a few seconds before going to your profile (where you can check you record).

Not on my 360 and many mates of mines 360.

Only shows the game before on mine...even up to days later, let alone a few seconds.

Thanks for the reply though Ogami, its appreciated.

:))

I think he means that if you play on semi/manual you will have to switch to assisted yourself to stand a chance against these people, because assisted passes/shots are so perfect. That's why I don't play ranked matches, your ranking on a video game means absolutely nothing yet some people take it so seriously.

Yeah I know waht your saying. Playing against these people is BS!

Funny story today, went to the Eurogamer Expo today. Loads of Fifa 09 setups on the PS3. First of all I cannot play with the PS3 pad, them analogue sticks are just too loose for me.

Anyway I stepped up to play some guy. He had assist on everything apart from long passes and crossing. I then went to control setup and switched my control to semi/manual. He saw this and I went back into control setup, I thought for a moment. "damn this is kinda player I like, he is gonna take off assists after seeing my setup".

Boy was I wrong, he then changed everything to assistant. I couldnt believe it. Lost 2-0 so I was pretty pissed off!!

Oh and Famitsu Xbox in Japan has reviewed FIFA 09.. FIFA 09 (EA): 9, 8, 9, 7 - (33/40)

Changed my settings on the game today.

I was getting really bored with the same sort of boring build-ups in matches. However, I absolutely LOVE it now. Have it on 'Broadcast' cam zoomed in a bit. All settings to manual excluding shooting which is on semi. It feels incredible. On Tele I always felt like nothing more than a spectator and it felt a little slow and sluggish for me. On the whole the pace is perfect now and I feel more in tune with the game. Manual settings on passing/crossing/through balls feels instinctive and realistic.

Right I'm going back to play some more.

I have it on World Class, although I had to get used to it on Professional and build up to it. Manual passing is really hard.

new addidas live season just came out! spurs got some great improvements!!

jenas should be higher though.

not sure if it includes tonights performance though...

No it won't have included any of last nights or Tuesday nights match
(gameklip's spoiler and this spoiler are about last nights results)

Semi shooting is actually awesome. When I first played the game and went straight on semi, I found it extremely hard to control my shots, as the shooting on FIFA09 has had a complete overhaul from 08, so going back to assisted for the first 3 weeks let me get used to it and now I've gone back to semi, it really is awesome. So much more realistic and you have to think a bit more about your aiming and shooting.

:)).

Had a bug last night, twice in one match (offline, Be A Pro Seasons, two of us against the CPU). The referee played the advantage after a Rooney tackle on someone, then as the play continued I was hacked down by Vidic. The referee called over Rooney and gave him a "second yellow card" - it came up as a yellow followed by a red and the commentator was going bonkers about it, but he hadn't been booked previously. Then he gave a yellow card to Vidic. So I paused the game to see the match stats, and Rooney wasn't even mentioned in the card list. After unpausing he was still in the match.

Exact same thing happened after half time but to us, one of our players was supposedly given a second yellow card after the referee playing the advantage and pulling play back, but it definitely wasn't a second yellow, and he wasn't sent off either.

Very very odd!

Thats happened in some Club games that I've played in.

Had a bug last night, twice in one match (offline, Be A Pro Seasons, two of us against the CPU). The referee played the advantage after a Rooney tackle on someone, then as the play continued I was hacked down by Vidic. The referee called over Rooney and gave him a "second yellow card" - it came up as a yellow followed by a red and the commentator was going bonkers about it, but he hadn't been booked previously. Then he gave a yellow card to Vidic. So I paused the game to see the match stats, and Rooney wasn't even mentioned in the card list. After unpausing he was still in the match.

Exact same thing happened after half time but to us, one of our players was supposedly given a second yellow card after the referee playing the advantage and pulling play back, but it definitely wasn't a second yellow, and he wasn't sent off either.

Very very odd!

That has happened to me 4 or 5 times. Very annoying.

I wish EA would sort out the non stop pressing people deploy. Its ridiculous that people can just keep pressing non stop without getting tired. At Eurogamer every game I watched of multiplayer Fifa everyone was using that tactic. You cant even pass the ball out from goal kicks.

Guys, what camera type do you all use. I always preferred regular tele cam with default zoom/height settings but man after I tried broadcast cam with slight zoom and lowest height the game feels so much better. Even the gameplay feels better.

Guys, what camera type do you all use. I always preferred regular tele cam with default zoom/height settings but man after I tried broadcast cam with slight zoom and lowest height the game feels so much better. Even the gameplay feels better.

I am gonna try broadcast tonight. Saw one TV at Eurogamer expo on broadcast and it looked real nice!

If you have a player on a yellow card and they've just done a reckless tackle and you know they'll get their second yellow, tapping to skip the cut-scene blocks the sending-off. I haven't used this intentionally, I've merely wanted to get on with the game, but noticed it and tested it out a few times.

Totally agree mate. Dare I say it, you feel more in tune with action like in PES. For me broadcast zoomed in is the way to go. Unless you like Tele Zoomed in which is similar without the camera panning.

^ Yes, another great post. All real time aired footie matches use cam with a tilt. Tele cam is fine and all but it gives you that unrealistic, unlike tv feeling. Do you guys all remember in PES/WE Broadcasting 3 cam. Now, that was one of my fav. type. If you're running near a throw in line, the cam would totally zoom and focus on your player - total realism.

Back
Top Bottom