FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

The replay uploads from where it is when you press Y, so you could shorten it by starting it later. Also, you could have it in normal speed instead of slo-mo to make it shorter too.

If you haven't noticed the collision system after 20 matches then you seriously need to stop doing drugs, it's the most noticeable improvement in Fif09 by far.
Agreed, it is a great improvement - some people think it's just for looks with the player falling/stumbling animations looking more realistic, but it's far from just that.
It plays a big role in the outcome of aerial challenges, tackles and jostles, and they are fairly important parts of the gameplay.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you haven't noticed the collision system after 20 matches then you seriously need to stop doing drugs, it's the most noticeable improvement in Fif09 by far.

no way, then the game would really disapoint me, LOL, ok i have noticed the collision system, but i guess what i meant is that if they didnt tweak that or fix that, how many people would have been complaining about it... it was a nice touch and adds to the realism, but the response issues are still there. and again, i will harp on this over and over again, players still seems very static and all very similiar in traits and abilities. ANd how the fuck do you guys cross?

I had the issue with crossing before, but I found if you take your time and slow down before crossing they are more effective.

I also tried a few games of manual today (been playing semi), I really like it but I need to practice my crossing or I'm going to do terribly. I love the auto-switching being totally free, it's much easier for defending.

no way, then the game would really disapoint me, LOL, ok i have noticed the collision system, but i guess what i meant is that if they didnt tweak that or fix that, how many people would have been complaining about it... it was a nice touch and adds to the realism, but the response issues are still there. and again, i will harp on this over and over again, players still seems very static and all very similiar in traits and abilities. ANd how the fuck do you guys cross?

i respect your opinion, but i disagree completly...
this is something that for me has improved a lot from last year...

i take back some of the things i said, i do see better individuality then last year, and the collision system is starting to show its beauty. i still havent played multiplayer, looking forward to that. THe MM AI seems much improved, im hacing problems with manual passing to my strikers and my midfielders going right to left, passing up and down or vertically between my players is fine, but when the CM is checking back to the cb i have a hard time giving him an accurate pass, any ideas?

i totally disagree with comments about fifa09 still not having player individuality. Dont tell me Walcott plays the same as Nasri. Or that Diaby and Fabregas are the same. Adebayor is again very different from Van Persie. Using Arsenal just as an example of course as thats the team i am most familiar with. I was playing with my brother last night as A.Villa and our cb's were getting totally dominated in the air so we brought on Zat Knight and we were able to combat the aerial threat more effectively.

10 Vs 10

I have heard there is a way to invite your mates directly into a 10vs10 bap game. How is this possible. I would love my brother to join me in the same team. Not including the fifa clubs mode!

i totally disagree with comments about fifa09 still not having player individuality. Dont tell me Walcott plays the same as Nasri. Or that Diaby and Fabregas are the same. Adebayor is again very different from Van Persie. Using Arsenal just as an example of course as thats the team i am most familiar with. I was playing with my brother last night as A.Villa and our cb's were getting totally dominated in the air so we brought on Zat Knight and we were able to combat the aerial threat more effectively.

Yeah that is true but try a lower league team and try and tell the difference between players in League 1 and players in the Championship.

Without trying to sound like a fanboy (I'm not, lots of things are grating with me, for example playing in League One you play in the same stadium week in week out and it's beyond a joke now)... But I do notice a difference between League One and Championship. The main two being, Championship strikers can score (without you having to slow down and place it), and Championship defenders can tackle (without cracking the opponent's ankle and getting a card).

Got to say though I can understand why originally FIFA on next-gen only had the Premier League, I find it boring playing as the team I support because every stadium is the same bar one or two, the stadium they've given to my team is nothing like our stadium, and the impact that the stats have on the gameplay make it frustrating (obviously I know it's supposed to, but people talk about the fun factor and it's not as fun). You play as Liverpool afterwards and the reaction times and the little flicks and tricks blow you away.

what has happened to our EVOWEB club team? Has it folded due to Rad's transfer to PES? Everytime i go into the dressing room there is nobody there. Wasnt on much in the past week due to working late shifts, and nights is when i can basically play the game as the wife goes to bed early.

Without trying to sound like a fanboy (I'm not, lots of things are grating with me, for example playing in League One you play in the same stadium week in week out and it's beyond a joke now)... But I do notice a difference between League One and Championship. The main two being, Championship strikers can score (without you having to slow down and place it), and Championship defenders can tackle (without cracking the opponent's ankle and getting a card).

Got to say though I can understand why originally FIFA on next-gen only had the Premier League, I find it boring playing as the team I support because every stadium is the same bar one or two, the stadium they've given to my team is nothing like our stadium, and the impact that the stats have on the gameplay make it frustrating (obviously I know it's supposed to, but people talk about the fun factor and it's not as fun). You play as Liverpool afterwards and the reaction times and the little flicks and tricks blow you away.

i thought you could change the default stadia for clubs. Obviously not. Not a big thing for EA to include. This game has a lot of weird things like that not in the game. Like the league creation thing where you cant play each team twice but 3,5,7 times. How weird is that?

Im wondering how they can get the stats to work for the lower leagues tbh, I always play with Liverpool so I notice them and the difference with opponants however with the stats having less difference for lower leagues it's tough to get the individuality imo. They could exagerate it per match/league. So for league games stats over so many points get an extra 10 or so to make the difference visible/noticable and for cup matches between higher teams they can set it back to the original again.

Maybe they need to introduce a fake calculation to get the difference going, as atm even if the stats are accurate, you'll never get the individuality to work. Im sure PES used/uses something like this to make really good players so much stronger then good players. Unless they have some backdoor stats to set up the player, but if thats the case getting EA to do all the lower leagues aswell is a huge task.

Maybe they should add traits/characters to players to better define their qualities. Maybe some kind of stereotype that sums up the type of player (wing magician, tough defender, Cultured defender, speeddemon, targetman, midfield general, midfield maistro, etc). And this description would then be the "exageration" factor for the stats allowing a winger in his division to be just that extra bit more technical to make a noticable difference.

been playing 2 on 2 on one console with mates, had been playing 1 on 1 and had been enjoying it but after literally 3 games had no desire to play again. We absolutely love 2 on 2,its incredible, you can play proper, passing football, and when you control a spare player the computer can actually deal with it, rather than thinking, 'shit! he's gone off his rails!' So satisfying, really really enjoy it. This game has come so far. Only issue is the ball weight on long range shots seems quite odd, seems to rise at the end, ridiculously high, and have odd speed.

oh well, just adapt! :D

been playing 2 on 2 on one console with mates, had been playing 1 on 1 and had been enjoying it but after literally 3 games had no desire to play again. We absolutely love 2 on 2,its incredible, you can play proper, passing football, and when you control a spare player the computer can actually deal with it, rather than thinking, 'shit! he's gone off his rails!' So satisfying, really really enjoy it. This game has come so far. Only issue is the ball weight on long range shots seems quite odd, seems to rise at the end, ridiculously high, and have odd speed.

oh well, just adapt! :D

just remember shooting is sensitive. Like you said u have to adapt. I did.

Back
Top Bottom