FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

online, is the host user the home side?
everytime i go quick rank, i'm always the home side.
i hate it, because i play better as the away team. lol

if so, does it mean i have the better connection?

Exactly, People always argue "YOUR LAGGING" when really even if I or the opponent were lagging it wouldn't affect anything. If someones connection was bad, they would just be disconnected from the game.

So I've decided to restart my Be a Pro. Was starring for United and England but I though nah sack it.

Restarted and chose Tranmere seen as they're fairly local (CB will be happy).

Anyone noticed how despite having the same stats, you're player is always worse at everything if you play for a lower league side?

My finishing is exactly the same at the moment as it was when I left off my previous one, and I can't hit a barn door at the moment. The keepers are fucking unhuman in the lower leagues for some reason.

What level are you playing at? I played on Pro, as a CAM for Tranmere, semi shooting, and I had no problems whatsoever with the goalies.

My stats were worse at the start but once you add your experience points on, you become MILES better than the other players.

Question: exactly how does the online matches work? Is there a server which both players connect to, and the server determines the lag, stutter etc.? Or will players connections mean something? So if I'm having a very good connection, but I play a low connection opponent, will the game also lag for me?

If that person has a poor connection the chances are he'll be disconnected from the game. I'm not sure about the lag, however, from my experience you'll just get disconnected.

So my mates PS3 has stopped recognising that FIFA is in.

And it's only FIFA as all his other games, and DVD's work, the PS3 registers that they're in the disc tray.

He says it's not scratched, and BR discs aren't supposed to scratch anyway, so it can't be that.

Any thoughts?

this always happens with fifa's. every fifa game gives me the "disc is dirty" error. i'm guessing EA print onto some cheap as shit DVDs.

anyways, just went online a while and went on a streak with man city. man city are awesome in the game. wow.

i beat someone 6-1 just now and 3-1 in the game before. jo scored with backheel flicks and a sliding shots off the bar.

i scored a free kick with elano too.

in one game i got a cheap goal by mistake when his keeper kicked it into me on a kickout. i ran the ball into my own net immediately after. i felt guilty. took me till the last minute to score the winner though!!! that would have been embarrassing.

in one game i got a cheap goal by mistake when his keeper kicked it into me on a kickout. i ran the ball into my own net immediately after. i felt guilty. took me till the last minute to score the winner though!!! that would have been embarrassing.
:SAL: The game needs more players like this man.

Does anyone (Placebo?) know if it's possible to become a researcher for FIFA? The Swedish league could be a lot better scouted then it is right know (simple things like position, best foot etc) and I'd like to help them for FIFA10. Also, does the researchers create the players apperences?

I've applied as a Data Reviewer, the current Coventry data editor is an idiot as I have said a few times before - they obviously don't watch us play with the ratings half of the players have...

I just hope I can help FIFA become more realistic for me in the future by having my team's player attributes being accurate.

What would I apply for out of those to tell EA that Charlton have white fonts on the home kit and our stadium is not the fucking de las artes?

Bear in mind Tim you don't apply to fix one thing, you apply to work on their database. They won't be very happy if you join and then piss off. You even get paid for some of the jobs listed there.

Bear in mind Tim you don't apply to fix one thing, you apply to work on their database. They won't be very happy if you join and then piss off. You even get paid for some of the jobs listed there.
Yeah I know, I won't really be applying. Just pissed off with the lack of knowledge for 2nd Tier English teams.

Does anyone (Placebo?) know if it's possible to become a researcher for FIFA? The Swedish league could be a lot better scouted then it is right know (simple things like position, best foot etc) and I'd like to help them for FIFA10. Also, does the researchers create the players apperences?

One of my contacts at EA did mention they need help with the Swedish leagues as they're not happy with the current standard of data provision.

As for appearances, the data editors make those, reviewers leave feedback which an editor may or may not choose to use.

Back
Top Bottom