FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Quick question guys:

I'm in the middle of Be A Pro Seasons playing as myself :) Just transfered from LA Galaxy to Leverkusen. My question is, is Champions League games included in this mode? Let's say we win the Bundesliga, will there be european games to play next season?

Yes (not experienced it myself but I've heard a few people talk about it).

I'd have to say I really doubt it, seeing as Playoffs aren't in BAP mode, nor are any other type of cups.

I finished 2nd with Spurs in the Premiership behind Chelsea. Lost 3 games, won the Carling Cup too.

My team now is :

Gomes
--
Hutton
King
Woodgate
Bale
--
Quaresma
Modric
Diego
Dos Santos
--
Aguero
Ibrahimovic

Subs :

Cesar
Corluka
Gattuso
Veloso
Lennon
Arshavin
Bent

Awesome game. Ibrahimovic is now rated 95 overall, and is worth £59m :)
Aguero is class too. Pace and finishing all the way. Quaresma's crossing ability is unreal, the swerve and dip on them is amazing, and his dribbling skills are awesome too. Cost me £18m from Inter.

Loving it.

@k_19

Thanks for your great effort and your very nice tips in playing a good defense against CPU. I will try some of your tips for sure (like set the defense line to offside trap etc) cause i have got some problems with defending against the CPU. So Thanks a lot, really appreciate it!

I'm convinced now that my game doesn't like me. i started a new BAP season with Villareal this morning and i won my first game 3 nil vs Valencia, I won MoM too. I get back to the main menu and it says that Valencia won 3 nil :SHOCK:

I'm so pissed with this game now, I emailed EA about my troubles playing with Spurs and not being able to do anything in the Manager Mode and they replied by giving me troubleshooting tips on how to play the game online :BRICK:

WTF

On another point I can't get any weather now in my MM's any pointers? I had rain in a couple, following the set it to overcast in the exhibition game stadium and have that stadium as your save point in the MM, but I saved over that one by accident, I did the same thing again though but no luck?

I love how players feel so unique in this game, You won't feel it as much in a side such as Man Utd (as most our top talents) and the same with Hull(As there all lower quality) for example but play with a side who has a one of oustanding talent and its just amazing, I was playing as Werder Bremen and there team is so unique in each player. Deigo is absolutely quality on the ball while Rosenberg is a nippy striker who can really run! Just out of interest if I start a Manager Mode will it get deleted once the patch hits

Finisht first with Arsenal on Worldclass... Scored 124 goals and 22 against.

My team:

Almunia
Toure
Pepe
Gallas
Clichy
Fabregas
Walcott
v Persie
De Rossi
Eduardo
Adebayor (Scored 66 goals!)

I will try Legendary on my second season.

When you score your goal, right after your celebration you'll have a replay, when that starts hit X on your Xbox 360, or SQUARE on your PS3 and click Y, choose a slot and it will upload it. Then you go to your EAfootball account, click MY VIDEOS and you'll have it there.

Hope that helped.

Thanks for your reply/help matt1288.

I usually do what you say to access the manual replay mode, however my confusion does not lie there. It's hard to explain in writing, but I'll try.

When in manual replay mode, the replay starts to play automatically correct? if you hit "Y", it will give you the option to save and upload which I understand. However, I usually take manual control of my replays, and change camera angles and any other adjustments to my liking before I save. In my last replay/save attempt, I noticed that it only recorded the last seconds of the replay sequence and not the whole thing. My question is, at what point while in manual replay mode, do I start/stop the recording so that the whole sequence of events will show on the vid?

My suspicion is that at the point that you begin to manually, in slow motion, run the play from any point to it's end, is actually what will be saved.

So, if Rooney gets the ball, goes past two defenders, around the goalie and scores. When in manual replay mode, if I fast-forward only to where Rooney went around the goalie for a score and let the replay run from this point to it's end, then THIS is the only sequence that will be saved, where as any actions previous to that will be cut out. Hope you understand.

So, after you hit "X", and the replay begins to play, do you just hit "Y" as the replay is automatically playing to save?

My team:

Almunia
Toure
Pepe
Gallas
Clichy
Fabregas
Walcott
v Persie
De Rossi
Eduardo

Try manual ;)).

My team:

Almunia
Toure
Pepe
Gallas
Clichy
Fabregas
Walcott
v Persie
De Rossi
Eduardo

Well that's sounds like a lot of fun.........

Two cents on the game from a Yank.

I finally had some time to play the game over the weekend and have to say that, for the most part, the game is great. I am not a Fifa pro as some people on here may be, although I've been playing Fifa games for as long as I can remember. I also flirted with Winning Eleven/PES for two years a couple of years ago. Back when it was seriously fun to play that game and I would actually trade in my Fifa copy to buy Winning Eleven.

I've played about 10 games so far, all on professional with mostly semi or manual controls. To be honest, I suck at it as it's the first time I've even tried it. I am not an online player either so don't flame me. : )

As far as the game goes, it's really inching towards the perfect football sim. Some of the player collisions remind me of the EA Hockey franchise though which isn't good. The AI is much more advanced this year and I haven't had a cakewalk of a game yet. I think I've only scored 2 goals or less in any of my games. I've read alot about the menus being horrible but I seem to be able to navigate them fairly easily without much lag. All in all this is a very good game for anyone sitting on the fence or waiting for PES to come out.

Also, adding to the realism of this game is MM. My one biggest gripe about MM though is it seems to completely like last year, minus the new game engine, that I had a hard time getting excited for it when I loaded it up. I ended up playing as Liverpool (for reasons such as 3 kits and a stadium that has all 3 weather options) and have played 4 games so far. My first was against Chelsea away and I won 1-0. My second was against Man U home and I again won 1-0. I then go to West Ham and win 2-1. However, I then play HULL at home and tie 1-1. These games have been seriously tough to get through - changing tactics, players etc and it's made it all the more fun to play.

Now for those complaining about weather options. I've decided to play my games from August to October in Daylight. Premier League games are all played during the day anyway except midweek night matches from time to time. From October through February I will just play Overcast and then back to day for the rest of the year. It literally only takes me 20 seconds to get out of MM mode, change the weather effects in an exhibition and start my MM mode back up again. It doesn't seem to matter which stadium you have your weather effects set up for as long as the stadium you are playing in supports the change.

As far as the through ball bug - I have had it a few times and try not to let it bother me. HOWEVER, I have now seen the "Through Ball Bug" on a throw in where my player does the same thing. Hopefully EA can patch that somehow. I don't care about the number changing on kits - i would rather have the option to change the stadium or weather manually before each game no matter what mode.

The only other thing that bothers me about this game is the noise the ball makes coming off the keepers gloves. It's so retarted and drives me nuts.

Anyway, sorry for the long post but this game is awesome so far and I think 2010 will be even better.

just a quick question, i know it has probabily been covered in detail before but is there a patch to sort out the free argents or players who play for the internationals who club teams ain't on the game so i can sign them in manager mode

or do i have to do them manually myself in the manage team, club transfers thing

just a quick question, i know it has probabily been covered in detail before but is there a patch to sort out the free argents or players who play for the internationals who club teams ain't on the game so i can sign them in manager mode

or do i have to do them manually myself in the manage team, club transfers thing

Club transfers - also, unlike last year they seem to stay there no matter how many Manager Modes you start.

sorry but do you mean that if i make the changes in the club transfer option thing then they will not be free agents in manager mode ??

Dumb question:

Is the shot aiming always camera relative or is it always left is left, right is right, down is low etc.

LIke tele cam attacking to the right, is Up, left post, or is left, left post?,

I don't get it, I'd been playing friendlies on Professional and been having even games, sometimes it'd be easy and sometimes hard. Then I started a MM and won my first two games 4-0, gotta bump it up to WC now.

Dumb question:

Is the shot aiming always camera relative or is it always left is left, right is right, down is low etc.

LIke tele cam attacking to the right, is Up, left post, or is left, left post?,

Depends on which shooting mode you are using. If you are using assisted, yes, what you said will be suffice enough to aim at that side. However, if you do that in Semi or Manual, lets say you aim directly up when you are free through on goal at the center of the field, going from left to right... your shot will be NOWHERE close. In semi/manual, you will need to aim respective to where your position in the field is and where you are facing. If you are at center of the field, you will need to aim more up/right, or down/left, and in a precise manner.

But yes, the general direction will be camera relative.

Back
Top Bottom