FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Thanks for uploading that, helps a lot. I think I will try being Man United to do it because I heard Berbatov can sneak them in easily.

Thanks again Placebo. :)

I scored one with Torres, and his face caved in. Literally. I mean, all the graphics for his face messed up so it looked like his head had caved in.

I successfully started a Manager Mode with Roma last night and I have a question, am I missing something or is there no assist table?

Only way you can access assists info is by going to the Player Ratings screen (I think it's that one), which shows the top strikers, midfielders, defenders, keepers and overall. There's an assist column on these and you can choose to "sort" by assists, putting them in order of who has the most first.

Just finished my first full Manager Mode season, I was really enjoying it half-way through but now I'm really disappointed.

December-time I was 18th, finding it very hard-going on World Class. I drew a team in League Two in the cup and they battered me, at which point I thought "sod this, I'm going onto Professional". Getting beaten by them I could take but getting hammered by them, no way. From that point on I won some, drew some and lost some, it seemed fair. But then I bought two players (a left-back, Andy Robinson, and a striker, Dele Adebola) and suddenly I was winning every game 3-0. But my star-rating had gone up to 2.5 and I was playing teams around 1.5 so I thought, okay, I'll consider that realistic.

Finished 5th, got into the playoffs, and I was eventually knocked out by this wonderful goal of the CPU's: CLICK ME

No motivation to play Manager Mode again now, absolutely gutted slogging through 46 matches (460 minutes or nearly 8 hours of playing) to end a season like that. And it's not much fun winning 3-0 or losing 3-0 every week anyway. My own fault for picking Tranmere, it's a lot more balanced when you're a Premier League team; I'll be giving the game a little bit of a break now though I think.

Finished 5th, got into the playoffs, and I was eventually knocked out by this wonderful goal of the CPU's: CLICK ME

:LOL:

That goal reminds me Fifa Soccer 94 for Mega Drive! We always tried that against the CPU when we were loosing!

But nowadays, an unforgiven bug!! If it happened to me on a playoff i would reset the video-game imediatelly :P

That would piss me off so much if that happened to me in an important match like in the playoffs. I always make sure now that there is nobody around the keeper for that to happen as I conceded a goal from it online once...

I've gotta agree with Coopz here, if you can see there is an attacker right in front of you, why did you kick the ball out?

yup, first thing any right keeper will do once he's cradled the ball is have a proper look around to be sure no attacker is in sight before he even gets into position to hoof it out.
sorry mate but don't think you can really get upset about the game for that one :NO:

i was playing fifa 2002 today with my mate... we were like why not? so, i brought out the ps2 found fifa 2002 and we started to play. OMG fifa has come a long was..
first match was arsenal vs man utd, great game lol...it was funny because when playing the game we were not expecting much from it really, you know graphics wise, skills, response obviously because it was a ps2 game...but it was a lot of fun, enjoyed it.

the whole power bar for passing is genius lol, and i then i remembered that the one-two's were mapped to the right analog stick it felt OK

then we had a second match brazil vs argentina, the same as trhe arsenal match but then we both remembered that we could do skills with R1 and combing this with Triangle which was then sprint lol, you could do some great simple skills.

OMG and i almost forgot that one of the shoulder buttons was for player runs, remember they used to have the yellow blur behind then when they made runs something like a super hero lol

but one thing that i want fifa to bring back that was in fifa 2002 was when you had a penalty and you were the penalty taker when you pressed (X), the kick changer ran off the spot and was replaced by another player.
this was amazing and even the commentator says "the taker looks like he has had a change of heart"....fifa should bring this one particular thing from fifa 2002 back loved it..what do you guys think? should they?

extra: penalty beginning cinematic and check out the goalie winning celebration at the end...memories lol
YouTube - Fifa 2002 Penalty Bra Arg

Last edited:
The great thing about this game is that it's just gonna keep getting better and better every year. EA still has lots of things they need to fix and have their work cut out for next year already. This is nothing but good news and good things to come for this franchise.

The great thing about this game is that it's just gonna keep getting better and better every year. EA still has lots of things they need to fix and have their work cut out for next year already. This is nothing but good news and good things to come for this franchise.
agree:D

i was playing fifa 2002 today with my mate... we were like why not? so, i brought out the ps2 found fifa 2002 and we started to play. OMG fifa has come a long was..
first match was arsenal vs man utd, great game lol...it was funny because when playing the game we were not expecting much from it really, you know graphics wise, skills, response obviously because it was a ps2 game...but it was a lot of fun, enjoyed it.

the whole power bar for passing is genius lol, and i then i remembered that the one-two's were mapped to the right analog stick it felt OK

then we had a second match brazil vs argentina, the same as trhe arsenal match but then we both remembered that we could do skills with R1 and combing this with Triangle which was then sprint lol, you could do some great simple skills.

OMG and i almost forgot that one of the shoulder buttons was for player runs, remember they used to have the yellow blur behind then when they made runs something like a super hero lol

but one thing that i want fifa to bring back that was in fifa 2002 was when you had a penalty and you were the penalty taker when you pressed (X), the kick changer ran off the spot and was replaced by another player.
this was amazing and even the commentator says "the taker looks like he has had a change of heart"....fifa should bring this one particular thing from fifa 2002 back loved it..what do you guys think? should they?

extra: penalty beginning cinematic and check out the goalie winning celebration at the end...memories lol
YouTube - Fifa 2002 Penalty Bra Arg

Wow, the crowd looks better than most FIFA's after it... : )

Also funny is how when they score they walk towards the keeper giving him a staredown. When they miss they start sprinting back to the middle!

yup, first thing any right keeper will do once he's cradled the ball is have a proper look around to be sure no attacker is in sight before he even gets into position to hoof it out.
sorry mate but don't think you can really get upset about the game for that one :NO:

I have to agree, too. You kicked it right into the guy. I've made similar mistakes too because hitting square after the GK grabs the ball is almost second nature. You don't even think about it...until something like that happens.

have played about 20 games so far, maybe its just me, but its not all that different then 08 and euro. been playing on manual and its harder, for sure. But i dont know at this point, it seems like they tweaked little things but not really the core gameplay all that much(and yes it needed more then just tweaking). i will give it some more time

true, those things are different, goalies are in fact much better, but collison system, hmm i will have to pay more attention to it, i havent noticed an incredible difference with it, per say.

Also let's not forget headers aren't just a matter of luck anymore, but also requires timing, which means that once you get the hang of it you can really get some control over them.

true, those things are different, goalies are in fact much better, but collison system, hmm i will have to pay more attention to it, i havent noticed an incredible difference with it, per say.

If you haven't noticed the collision system after 20 matches then you seriously need to stop doing drugs, it's the most noticeable improvement in Fif09 by far.

Back
Top Bottom