FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

I played my first game today online with MANUAL PASSING and I won 3-1, it was fun and it's great when you can create your own creative passes. And I can also pass the same as a through ball. I've tried manual crossing but I find it impossible, and I've made auto-switching 0%.

Playing managermode is boring and not competitive at all, notting beats the online experience against other humans.

I actually enjoy the Manager Mode quite a bit. I still prefer playing against someone else on the same console, but MM isn't boring to me at all.

Today i got my ps3 (psn ID: s33k3rgr), so within a little time space i will be able to play you ranked or unranked matches.And i say in a "little time space" because i am still learning the game.So i got some questions.
1). Is there any channel or room that i can find players from my country (i am greek)? Is there any lag when playing with people from other countries?I would be interested in having Unranked matches for my start...
2). Are there any players who play all the way manual passing/crossing etc?.Ive noticed that manual is the right way to play the game except maybe short passing to semi-auto
3). Do i need to do any settings on my router or it will be work automatically with Upnp enabled??
I am sure i will have more questions in the future as i havent played the 08 game. I am recently converted from pro-evo.

1) Unfortunately not, you could attempt finding a Greek person in the public lobbies, they have rooms such as "Central Europe 1" and etc.

2) Yes there are many players who play fully or semi manual. There is a thread HERE that has people playing it like that, which I'm sure you can join that league, or invite people from there.

1.) Yes there is a lobby named my country.

2.) There are a few online but not ranked i guess.

3.) Depends on you're ISP.

4.) FIFA pwns.

Last edited:
Same here, auto switching is really annoying, it kinda makes you confused as to who you are actually controlling sometimes.

So what is the final consensus?

World Class - assisted all? Professional - Manual all except shooting and crossing? or Semi Pro - assisted all?

Please help. I am just getting so annoyed with World Class - the CPU has over 20 shots per game all on target.

World Class - assisted all? Professional - Manual all except shooting and crossing? or Semi Pro - assisted all?

Please help. I am just getting so annoyed with World Class - the CPU has over 20 shots per game all on target.

Find my posts from a few pages ago on how to defend effectively on World Class. Hopefully it will help you. CPU gets maybe 7-8 shots a game on me, rarely more than 10.

Find my posts from a few pages ago on how to defend effectively on World Class. Hopefully it will help you. CPU gets maybe 7-8 shots a game on me, rarely more than 10.

I have it saved as a notepad - it was such a well done post. Can you go into further detail on when to press the pressure button? Do you hold it on for long, or do you just tap it?

Also - would you suggest switching to semi-passing (instead of manual) for world class?

Thanks again.

I have it saved as a notepad - it was such a well done post. Can you go into further detail on when to press the pressure button? Do you hold it on for long, or do you just tap it?

Also - would you suggest switching to semi-passing (instead of manual) for world class?

Thanks again.

I'm glad that you found it useful. :)

Basically, you will want to use the teammate pressure button to close off enough space in front of the ballcarrier for him to hesitate with the ball. That is when you can use one of the men to tackle to possibly dispossess him. I usually use the defender I am controlling to close off the space, the use the pressure button for the AI teammate to tackle the ball (since the AI is more effective in dispossessing the ball than user controller player in World Class). Don't forget that you'll mostly want to use your forwards or wingers to be the second pressure man, so that you still have the spaces behind you covered by the midfielders/defenders. Your objective is to cover much space in your half as possible, since CPU on WC likes to make runs up forward. If you give them room they will make you pay for it.

DO NOT mash on the pressure button either, though. That will just create more room for CPU to exploit with one of their perfect passes. Make sure you have all the spaces in the field well covered THEN pressure accordingly. Patience is key, as it can be frustrating CPU having so much possession sometimes and you WILL be tempted to pressure constantly. Do not fall into this trap; be patient, and stick to your game plan.

I personally use Semi for both passing and shooting, since it's just less frustrating that way. Against humans, it's more fun to go all manual since both sides will make plenty of mistakes, but on World Class or higher it is just not fun or seem fair when you make all the mistakes and CPU does not make any. Definitely not Auto, though, it'll make things too easy.

I tried Professional on all manual and find that too easy. So i tried in World Class all manual and was too hard! hehehehe

So now i play in World Class in all manual except pass and shooting semi. Now the game is difficult, but very pleasure. I put pass on semi because i still have the feeling that i can only pass on 8 direction and some passes goes totally messed because of that. But i really likes the manual crossing, it´s a little hard to learn but makes the game much more realistic to play, it´s not simply press the button from anywhere to put the ball into the box.

guys we were playing clubs last night, but when the game would start and go to the screen where you pick positions, my bro got kicked out and hte game ended, any ideas on what router settings he should use, or anything like that, it happend everytime

guys we were playing clubs last night, but when the game would start and go to the screen where you pick positions, my bro got kicked out and hte game ended, any ideas on what router settings he should use, or anything like that, it happend everytime

is his NAT working fine with the 360? maybe he can opens a port and set it on the 360. or maybe he have firewall settings blocking it...

I have a question for all MM players who have played through a season or two so far.

I am 3/4 the way through my first MM season playing as Liverpool and I have had the setting on overcast just about the entire season to see if I could get some weather effects. So far... a big fat NOTHING.

I am sorry if this has been posted here before, but has anyone had ANY weather in MM? I hate to say it, but I am getting bored of MM already as it seems like the exact same thing as last years.

Thanks

Playing with non-elite teams is the way to go online! It is just sooo much fun. Villa, Spurs, Popmy, Everton, Villareal, Marseille etc.

I'm pretty shit online, I lose more than I win, it was the opposite on FIFA08.

I seriously need a snap my own players leg in the tunnel button, why oh why can EA not sort the damn injury thing out, the MM has soo many thing's that could be done very simply to make it so much more interesting and better...

I seriously need a snap my own players leg in the tunnel button, why oh why can EA not sort the damn injury thing out, the MM has soo many thing's that could be done very simply to make it so much more interesting and better...

Funny that, I started one with United and in my opening weeks had Berba,Nani and Giggs all out for a while :((

has anyone had ANY weather in MM?
No (I've finished two seasons). It seems you can choose to either have Day (sunny) all the time or Overcast (cloudy, dry) all the time, depending on what you have set in your Exhibition game settings.

I guess you could set up a Day exhibition game, then load your MM and play the first few weeks of the season in the sun, then go back to Overcast for most of the season, then switch back to Day for the last few weeks as summer returns.

It's strange because you get weather in BAP mode.

No (I've finished two seasons). It seems you can choose to either have Day (sunny) all the time or Overcast (cloudy, dry) all the time, depending on what you have set in your Exhibition game settings.

I guess you could set up a Day exhibition game, then load your MM and play the first few weeks of the season in the sun, then go back to Overcast for most of the season, then switch back to Day for the last few weeks as summer returns.

It's strange because you get weather in BAP mode.

This much I know - but in doing the setting for overcast, did you ever see rain?

Funny that, I started one with United and in my opening weeks had Berba,Nani and Giggs all out for a while :((
It's a shame these kind of multiple injury fiascos are so rare. The nearest thing I've had is Lennon & Modric being out for 3 games in a row at the same time. EA need to employ people like Nick and I to enforce to some gritty, gruesome injuries.

I played some guy last night who quit on me in the last minute when I was 2 - 1 up. Why do people do this? I didn't get the result so that's probably why but why wouldn't I have got the result??

I'm not somebody who really gives a shit about my record but was just wondering. I was going to message him to call him a **** but refrained from doing so.

I played some guy last night who quit on me in the last minute when I was 2 - 1 up. Why do people do this? I didn't get the result so that's probably why but why wouldn't I have got the result??

I'm not somebody who really gives a shit about my record but was just wondering. I was going to message him to call him a **** but refrained from doing so.
i hate that too. i dont think i have EVER quit a game of footy online. well not intentionaly anyway. even if im getting beaten down badly i still play to the end. whenever im 3:0 by half time, 2nd half never gets played because the person always quits!

never had that problem back in the PES06 days on the pc

that, imo, is the biggest pain in the arse about this game.

if you get quit on, the game simply never happened/existed.

fucking sort this eeee aaaa.

even peshitty 2009 gives you a 3-0 if you are quit on...it takes away the superb feeling when beating some little man utd asshole, as you know the plug is gonna be pulled.

Are EA even aware of this..maybe placebo knows???

:RANT::BLINK::Y1

Back
Top Bottom