FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

I dont know if anyone has posted this but I have just installed FIFA 09 on my hard drive with the new M$ dash (doesnt support LIVE until 19th Novemeber but im not too bothered)
Massive improvement to my already favourite football game:

Problems I experienced before but now completey gone

Slow Down especially from goal kicks - GONE!
Comentary Behind - GONE!
Slow Substitutions - GONE!
Disc Spinning - 5-10 sec silence - GONE!

Add on lightening loading times too :O)

This is a great dashboard for FIFA..I love it..Coming 19th november i believe

Does anyone know if we can install the game to PS3 hard drive?

Is it me or has the game been very unresponsive online since last night? Maybe I'm imagining it but since yesterday the game has not been responding to my button presses and seems sluggish. And Ive been getting beat by crap players.

@ Jay, Yeah, it was pretty bad last night mate(360).

EA servers are NOT coping as well with this title, compared to 1 vs 1 Fifa 08.

Hopefully they might add a couple of new servers soon.

Its actually like Euro 08 with me...when you play someone else from the UK,it lags pretty awful at times.

When I play someone abroad, it runs great ???

Am I the only one that complains about the ref not calling fouls in your favor? In 20+games I can count the fouls I recieved on one hand. This is not realistic...especially when the fouls are clear. Perhaps I have o play on he easiest level to be fouled? Nuts! Also, lob passes are always cut off by the D which is ridiculous. In real life its easy to lob pass to teamates

Am I the only one that complains about the ref not calling fouls in your favor? In 20+games I can count the fouls I recieved on one hand. This is not realistic...especially when the fouls are clear. Perhaps I have o play on he easiest level to be fouled? Nuts! Also, lob passes are always cut off by the D which is ridiculous. In real life its easy to lob pass to teamates

That is weird, as if anything, I find that CPU can play a little TOO undisciplined sometimes. They nearly almost always get a card every game I play, and at least 4-5 fouls a game. This is on World Class. Which version are you playing? From my limited experience with PS3 version, I find that I got fouled a lot less on it, especially if I used the D-pad (where CPU fouls went down to zero a game for some reason). With my 360 version fouls are pretty commonplace.

If this is happening to you on 360 version, then maybe it just comes down to playing style, I can't say.

Is it me or has the game been very unresponsive online since last night? Maybe I'm imagining it but since yesterday the game has not been responding to my button presses and seems sluggish. And Ive been getting beat by crap players.

what are you trying to say? LOL i beat you 1 - 0

David Rutter finally resurfaced on the EA forum: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...box-360/344910-hello-team-65.html#post6067708

Basically to say "crab walking" will be fixed, manager mode number issue will be partially fixed (I'm guessing all they'll do is stop numbers assigned to players being reassigned when you sign a new player)......
Is that it, no mention of release?
I'm finding the old free kick every touch on AI and getting squat diddly when the AI hacks you down a bit tedious to say the least too Oh and three seasons in and just two one week injuries also... Bah!!

That is weird, as if anything, I find that CPU can play a little TOO undisciplined sometimes. They nearly almost always get a card every game I play, and at least 4-5 fouls a game. This is on World Class. Which version are you playing? From my limited experience with PS3 version, I find that I got fouled a lot less on it, especially if I used the D-pad (where CPU fouls went down to zero a game for some reason). With my 360 version fouls are pretty commonplace.

If this is happening to you on 360 version, then maybe it just comes down to playing style, I can't say.

Must be PS3-360 thing because like BwA Spectre, I get jack from the ref' when I'm getting hacked down...

Yeah must be, I have no problem winning fouls and AI opponents getting booked/sent off on the 360.

Agreed. The AI are quite dirty on World Class. A few times on breakaways they just go in from behind with the last man and get a straight red. I also get a fair amount of penalties.

Crab walking is when the player decide to start jogging backwards right?

I think it's what everyone else is calling the "through ball bug", never seen it myself, seems manual through balls + 360 is pretty much immune from it.

I get loads of instances when the guy who is receiving a through ball or a ball over the top will look around and kind of jog backwards instead of just running on as I'm asking, thus giving the defence, who don't do this time to catch up.
This happens a lot of the time, will it sort this out? I just assumed it was another little "help/cheat" for the AI... ;)

That crab walking bug is the most annoying one next to the poor ref calls and the non-advantage play calls.I'm amazed on how Placebo has never seen it before...Easier to spot if you play with a mate...Hoof a long diagonal ball to your winger and watch your mate's defender 'crab walking' while trying to block your winger's run to the ball...most of the time,he fails and the winger is through.

thank good the 'crab walking' will be fixed..this is so annoying that i actually stoped playing the game for a couple of days now, it was getting on my nerves..
weird that this is only on the ps3 :(

That crab walking bug is the most annoying one next to the poor ref calls and the non-advantage play calls.I'm amazed on how Placebo has never seen it before...Easier to spot if you play with a mate...Hoof a long diagonal ball to your winger and watch your mate's defender 'crab walking' while trying to block your winger's run to the ball...most of the time,he fails and the winger is through.

yeah the advantage stuff in 09 is just so wrong

Definitely a PS3 thing, I've had three CPU players sent off in three games on the 360. As someone has already said, for me, there's too many CPU players getting cards. And I've only seen the "sidestepping"/through-ball bug three times in 100-200 games. Weeeeeeird.

By far the worst problem imo is the refereeing and advantage rule. Goals being disallowed and penalties awarded instead, and players given offside even when you cancel the run and move away from the ball!

By far the worst problem imo is the refereeing and advantage rule. Goals being disallowed and penalties awarded instead, and players given offside even when you cancel the run and move away from the ball!

Like real life if you have refs like the tosser Stuart Atwell

Back
Top Bottom