FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

Don't see mine either, just Euro ones, I hate EASW. Let us save our replays to HDD. What did Fifa fans do to be punished unlike Skate/Tiger Woods fans? Why? Why? Why? :(

@ Placebo - perhaps it's something to do with a copyright issue?

Just trying to think of legit reasons to a totally incomprehendible situation!

have we had confirmation that replays can't be saved to the console? sorry to ask a simple question but i'm sure i've read conflicting reports.

it would be stupid if we're stuck with the same system as last year, ffs i've been able to save replays locally since kick off 2 on the amiga why not in this generation?

@ Placebo - perhaps it's something to do with a copyright issue?

Just trying to think of legit reasons to a totally incomprehendible situation!

Naah I really can't see that, you're saying something like clubs won't give permission for their licenses to be used outside the game or whatever?

have we had confirmation that replays can't be saved to the console?

Yes.

Wepeeler posted this on the Official Fifa09 forum:

Let me end any speculation.

It's not going to be included in the FIFA series. Not in 09 and not in 10. I was told to never expect it in the FIFA series future...

:sick:

cheers for responding placebo :)
i know this isn't a MASSIVE deal and i'll buy the game regardless but not being able to save replays to your console is fucking disgusting.
i thought after seeing the theatre feature in halo3 that something similiar would become standard in all video games.
SWOS let you save the highlights of a whole game if you wanted to, that was 10+ years ago!

All your old fifa videos stay on the old site, and any video you upload from about the 10th would be on the new link

Don't see mine either, just Euro ones, I hate EASW. Let us save our replays to HDD. What did Fifa fans do to be punished unlike Skate/Tiger Woods fans? Why? Why? Why? :(
I believe there will be an option to upload them onto youtube also just incase EASW isnt working

cheers for responding placebo :)
i know this isn't a MASSIVE deal and i'll buy the game regardless but not being able to save replays to your console is fucking disgusting.

Indeed.

The worst part of it (excluding the technical problems that we've had to suffer since the launch of EASW including times where no matter how much we try we cannot get a replay uploaded) is that it completely interrupts the flow and enjoyment of the game you're playing, you play for a while, having a fantastic end to end match, really tense, you score an amazing goal to take the lead, then you have to interrupt the game for 10 minutes whilst you battle with the server to upload the damn thing, then you have to go back into the game and somehow instantly get back up to speed with the game and the action. It simply destroys the good that EA are doing in making such an awesome game of football. It is a completely counter-productive decision.

Ok thanks, shame they'd choose a site that has just about as bad performance as uploading to EASW. My upload maximum is 1mb/s and to youtube I get max 50kb/s :(

Ok thanks, shame they'd choose a site that has just about as bad performance as uploading to EASW. My upload maximum is 1mb/s and to youtube I get max 50kb/s :(
It just makes better sense to save the video to your HDD, then upload it when you have the time to

Exactly, even if they don't want us to save permanently we should be able to choose 20 second segments which they save to the HDD's cache, once the match is finished and you go to the MOM/stats section you also have "process highlight reel", you go there and then delete/upload your replays all at once. If you change your mind you just choose "exit" and you go back to the regular menu.

although in the minority, those without an internet connection are screwed then. i don't understand stupid decisions :(

Don't know if it's real but the graphical style is accurate...

14889132ba3.jpg

EASW is good to share replays, like I wouldn't have been able to take videos of some of my goals to show my mates over the internet but uploading them makes it as easy as giving a link. On PS1/2 you had to get your mates round to your house if you wanted to show them a great goal you scored :-pp.

I don't understand it though when a game like skate (also made by EA) has the option to save to HDD AND upload to "skate reel" (which is basically the same as EASW).

Doesn't matter too much I suppose.

they wouldn't put an international shirt on the front

Naah I really can't see that, you're saying something like clubs won't give permission for their licenses to be used outside the game or whatever?

Is it though? Pesfan had to take down an optionfile with kits. Can see similar reasoning behind it tbh.

Also that youtube thing, isn't the ps3 going to have youtube in Home or something like that? Will LittleBigPlanet use it? Im sure Ive read it somewhere.

My cover aint like that and i have never seen any of them before

Exactly, even if they don't want us to save permanently we should be able to choose 20 second segments which they save to the HDD's cache, once the match is finished and you go to the MOM/stats section you also have "process highlight reel", you go there and then delete/upload your replays all at once. If you change your mind you just choose "exit" and you go back to the regular menu.

It seems like they didnt think this feature through

gf8800 with 3gb of ram for recommended configuration (as said by fifa09 producer on gamingaccess.com)????? are the f*****g crazy or what????? call of duty 5 will not require such a configuration!!!! those guys at ea sports are crazy! i'm so pissed off...

gf8800 with 3gb of ram for recommended configuration (as said by fifa09 producer on gamingaccess.com)????? are the f*****g crazy or what????? call of duty 5 will not require such a configuration!!!! those guys at ea sports are crazy! i'm so pissed off...
That's RECOMMENDED, that is probably for maximum settings...

As Ferraritim said, getting a console would be better anyway as the console versions of FIFA are the best football games available at the moment :)).

That's RECOMMENDED, that is probably for maximum settings...

As Ferraritim said, getting a console would be better anyway as the console versions of FIFA are the best football games available at the moment :)).

I dont whant to repeat what dirty harry said about the opinion...

Back
Top Bottom