FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

yes another nice bug. i'm currently the captain of the denmark national team. before this game against south africa,i wanna set up my team formation and i saw i was not in the team. i was replace by jorgenson or something like that. and i see my player in the sub so i wanna sub him in. but when i choose that jorgesen,and select my player it say, "you've been trusted by the coach to play bla bla". and when i start the game i need to control the jorgensen. and when i want to sub him out i can't cuz i need to request sub and when i do the game end. and my real player didn't play at all and get 3.0 rating. Thanks EA!

Scored a nice goal in my BAPS but I can't upload it says the service is unavailable, anyone knows if it is any use in keep trying or should you just give up when it says that? Fucking pisses me off this stupid replay shit.

I mean, I understand when things are left out from last gen to this gen, it seems it's not as easy as we think to bring everything across from old to new platforms (same thing happens in madden etc.. and developers always talk about bringing features they were not able to "get to" yet). But the what's even worse is you could use man marking online in Euro, so they had to physically remove it...that's what i dont get. oh well. a few missing things aside, I am loving this game. But it might help if I could man mark Torres when he's running rampant on me (everyone seems to choose man u or liverpool these days, sigh)

almost every shot the keeper will save it,not only parry it but catch the ball pretty easy. annoying to see the keeper catch it pretty easy. cuz i think i shot a pretty hard ball. bug bug

I personally really like the keepers in 09. Not perfect but a mile better than 08/Euro to me. Only a couple of times when I thought the keeper was retarded, often when not getting up quick enough. So to me the keepers is one of the areas that EA has done really well this year.

I personally really like the keepers in 09. Not perfect but a mile better than 08/Euro to me. Only a couple of times when I thought the keeper was retarded, often when not getting up quick enough. So to me the keepers is one of the areas that EA has done really well this year.

yeh i agree with u....
the gk were my biggest problem with euro too...
the AI is a lot improved now, a lot more human.

I mean, I understand when things are left out from last gen to this gen, it seems it's not as easy as we think to bring everything across from old to new platforms (same thing happens in madden etc.. and developers always talk about bringing features they were not able to "get to" yet). But the what's even worse is you could use man marking online in Euro, so they had to physically remove it...that's what i dont get. oh well. a few missing things aside, I am loving this game. But it might help if I could man mark Torres when he's running rampant on me (everyone seems to choose man u or liverpool these days, sigh)

The man marking really isn't the problem, it's just a flaw with the way players deal with the ball when its being passed.

Basically, you need to start running a second before the through ball is played (ie anticipate) to get to it before Torres/Henry/Ronaldo, et cetera.

I agree completely.

BUT, my real pet peeve is still present quite alot, which is goalkeepers catching/saving alls when their hands aren't evern close to the ball. I've seen instances where the goalkeepers hands are 30cm away from the ball, or more, and still the ball is deflected. With goalkeepers in particular, the margins in real life football are usually alot closer than that, so not having a higher accuracy for collision detection does make it seem alot less fun, and it gives the goalkeepers quite a lot of undeserved "superhuman" saves.

Still, happens in PES aswell (maybe not quite as severe). I just wish they would just use the actual collision detection they have in the game, because when you shot on the goalkeeper and the ball deflects on his body, it is absolutely perfect. The ball can bounce several times from his thigh to his hand onto his foot, and always deflecting in the direction you'd expect. THen when he actually makes a proper save animation at the ball, he get's to cheat when not even close. :)

That was annoying in Euro but I haven't noticed that in 09 yet. In Euro it happened all the time when the keeper slapped the ball when it was behind him, looked really weird. So I thought they had fixed it but it might still be there though since you've obviously encountered it.

I think they need a pretty advanced animation system though for the arms/hands of the keeper to not have this kind of cheating when the keeper are going to hold on to the ball. In real life you'd adjust the arms and hands slightly all the time but since the game just has a couple of animations the ball can't get exactly right at the hands. If it had to the keeper would never hold on to a ball in the game. Still when saving to the side, punching/parrying the ball they shouldn't have to cheat that obvious but still some though unless they add like 40-50 different animations where the keeper stretch towards the ball in different positions. I rather see this cheat than the keepers always missing the ball or just nudge it even when in real life they should be able to stretch out/adjust arms & hands to get it.

Last edited:
Yeah the collision detection for goalkeepers is pretty annoying at times - in BAP Seasons I hit a cracking shot from around 30 yards which was heading straight for the top corner, and then the keeper tips it over the bar. I thought it looked good so I took a look at the replay, and the ball was about 30cm away from his hand.

Every football game i've played has had that sort of problem though, be it FIFA or PES. I don't think it's too long before we get a game with very accurate keeper collisions though.

The man marking really isn't the problem, it's just a flaw with the way players deal with the ball when its being passed.

Basically, you need to start running a second before the through ball is played (ie anticipate) to get to it before Torres/Henry/Ronaldo, et cetera.

Ok yes i could definitely find ways to defend torres better... but my point remains that if I can man mark offline why cant i man mark online?

I can't score corners ffs, I've tried everything finessing it, putting full bar! It just doesn't go in. Any suggestions?

i find in swinging the ball toward the pen spot with about 3/4 power is quite dangerous.just gotta time your jump properly

Dunno if this has been posted already, but I played online 1 vs 1 last night.

The guy went Blackpool, so I went Hearts.

Anyhoo, when the players were warming up etc,the teams were displayed.

He had Kaka,Ronaldo and several other world class players playing for them???

Needless to say,The boy hammered me 6-0,and afterwards I asked how he done this,and he said you just go to club tranfers,but he also warned me that you hardly get any points for winning(Which I really don't give a damn about tbh).

Anyway, everytime I play a quick ranked match against anyone it loads up the original Hearts line up,but offline it loads my new 4 and a half star line up.

My question is, how the hell do you use the transfered players version of your team online...?

Its driving me mad as I really want to play as hearts,but with some players that actually give me a chance of winning, against all these bloody 5 star teams !!!

Any help on this is appreciated :)

What a cock. It sounds like the kind of hassle chavs go through just to try and look good. Don't go there man, don't be one of them.

All-star teams would be good for private online matches, but as for ranked play anyone doing it needs a slap off a hammer.

I thought edited teams could only be used in unranked matches. My created player comes up in unranked but not ranked matches.

What a cock. It sounds like the kind of hassle chavs go through just to try and look good. Don't go there man, don't be one of them.

All-star teams would be good for private online matches, but as for ranked play anyone doing it needs a slap off a hammer.

I get you mate.

I would still like to know how they are getting them online, must be a(nother) bug.

I thought edited teams could only be used in unranked matches. My created player comes up in unranked but not ranked matches.

I only play quick ranked matches mate, he was hosting, if that means anything?

Its still on my stats page...Blackpool 6 Hearts 0.

The guy actually seemed alright, not your usual cheating wee scumbag, although he is a liverpool fan, so it probably is a little suspect...!!!

I can understand why supporters of lesser clubs like myself would want to do this though, online is turning into a 5 star fest, not all of us want to play as Man utd, Chelsea and AC Milan ect, but we don't always want fucked up the a-hole by glory hunters

:CONFUSE:.

I only just noticed there is an all star team and a classic team in the rest of the world team selections.

Still prefer playing as the mighty hoops.

yea the good thing about using edited teams online is that you can sort out the netherlands and actually use them! but a related question: i noticed playing my bro who has addidas live season with the prem, we both used english teams but live season wasnt in effect, what gives? (sorry if this has already been asked...)

Back
Top Bottom