FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

i hate the rating system..arghh..keep deduct me for being off position to be high on the pitch even though i'm an AM. and why in the final minute when my team are winning,they put me as the CB? even i'm a Midfielder. weird. dunno if its a bug

i hate the rating system..arghh..keep deduct me for being off position to be high on the pitch even though i'm an AM. and why in the final minute when my team are winning,they put me as the CB? even i'm a Midfielder. weird. dunno if its a bug

Your manager is defending the lead, certainly not a bug and pretty realistic.

A little comparison here from playing a both versions all day yesterday.

Firstable, on the PS3 version my game froze 2 times. Hasn't happened ever since though. Again, gameplay is a bit different on both console versions. I find this strange but good at the same time. Xbox360 versions gameplay feels tighter. Shooting even feels a bit more tweaked on 360 than PS3. Players turning on an angle while running feel tighter on 360, as well as player responsiveness which also feels a lot tighter. C. Ronaldo feels a bit heavier on 360 than PS3. His getaway speed and quickness feels different on PS3, He seems faster and can blow by anyone easier. On 360 however this is not the case as he feels a bit heavier and his acceleration feels a bit slower. Graphics are different on both versions as well. PS3's graphics appear a bit blurry, however some of the pitches(Old Trafford)look better than they do on 360. Overall graphically the 360 looks much sharper and crispier. Players just have that crispiness and brighter colors on 360 than PS3. Ball physics also feels different on both versions. I can't quiet put my finger on it, but the ball just feels heavier on 360 than PS3. I find all this diferences very interesting since we all assumed that they are both identical in every way. I am not exagerating here, they both feel different, however in a positive way.

If anyone else sees this difference, please confirm. That way I know I'm not going crazy.

and i notice on the shirt,there's a number on their front shirt.like the international team. right now i only play with EPL team so dunno other league.

Your manager is defending the lead, certainly not a bug and pretty realistic.

but i'm an attacking player. he suppose to put like Essien or other as CB.it is realistic if he sub me with a defender. not giving his striker as the CB, and to protect a 3 goal like that is not necessary

Firstable, on the PS3 version my game froze 2 times. Hasn't happened ever since though. Again, gameplay is a bit different on both console versions. I find this strange but good at the same time. Xbox360 versions gameplay feels tighter. Shooting even feels a bit more tweaked on 360 than PS3. Players turning on an angle while running feel tighter on 360, as well as player responsiveness which also feels a lot tighter. C. Ronaldo feels a bit heavier on 360 than PS3. His getaway speed and quickness feels different on PS3, He seems faster and can blow by anyone easier. On 360 however this is not the case as he feels a bit heavier and his acceleration feels a bit slower. Graphics are different on both versions as well. PS3's graphics appear a bit blurry, however some of the pitches(Old Trafford)look better than they do on 360. Overall graphically the 360 looks much sharper and crispier. Players just have that crispiness and brighter colors on 360 than PS3. Ball physics also feels different on both versions. I can't quiet put my finger on it, but the ball just feels heavier on 360 than PS3. I find all this diferences very interesting since we all assumed that they are both identical in every way. I am not exagerating here, they both feel different, however in a positive way.

If anyone else sees this difference, please confirm. That way I know I'm not going crazy.

i think all this gameplay differences u are noticing are due to the diferent Controllers...
i played the 360 version yesterday, felt a bit different like u mentioned...but mostly becasue of the controller...
the grafics cant be really compared unless ure running both game on the same exact set up and TV(hdmi, etc)

Was in my barbershop yesterday and I wanted to see what Fifa looked like on the PS3. It froze straight away once a match started.

IMO the best option is to change to all manual controls instead of upping to legendary, game is harder due to your ability with a controller that way rather than by means of AI cheating....
It´s to easy to defend on the lower difficulty. Legendary or worldclass is a must or else the game is sooo easy

Still getting to grips with this game as I'm a convert after only ever playing PES/WE since '98, I stopped playing the series after WE9/PES5 when it seemed to just be the same thing again each year.

FIFA 09 is far from perfect but I'm enjoying it and after the PES2009 demo I feel FIFA is the best choice available for now by some distance too.

I have a quick question if I may ...

I want to be able to play a friend over Live but be able to decide on the options like stadium and time of day and such after EACH game.

At the moment I'm using "Play a Friend" option and it just puts you at the default stadium of the home team and chooses the time of day for you.

Is there any option or workaround for this as I'm new to the mass of FIFA menus.

Thanks Guys.

Playing on PS3 and haven't had any freezing issues at all.

And I agree with Brunnoce that the controller difference is what is creating the perception of gameplay difference. The code is the same.

i think all this gameplay differences u are noticing are due to the diferent Controllers...
i played the 360 version yesterday, felt a bit different like u mentioned...but mostly becasue of the controller...
the grafics cant be really compared unless ure running both game on the same exact set up and TV(hdmi, etc)

Graphics were compared running both game on the exact set up and TV with HDMI.

Frankly for me, the game feels like two different versions on both consoles. I like both in terms of gameplay, but since I played the 360 demo version thousands of times, I find myself playing the PS3 version more since it's gameplay is almost identical to the 360 demo version.

The 360 version's gameplay although different, is a beast of it's own.

Still getting to grips with this game as I'm a convert after only ever playing PES/WE since '98, I stopped playing the series after WE9/PES5 when it seemed to just be the same thing again each year.

FIFA 09 is far from perfect but I'm enjoying it and after the PES2009 demo I feel FIFA is the best choice available for now by some distance too.

I want to be able to play a friend over Live but be able to decide on the options like stadium and time of day and such after EACH game.

At the moment I'm using "Play a Friend" option and it just puts you at the default stadium of the home team and chooses the time of day for you.

Is there any option or workaround for this as I'm new to the mass of FIFA menus.

Thanks Guys.
Main Menu > Xbox Live > Online Game Modes > FIFA 09 Match Creation > Head to Head Play > Create Match > Create Unranked Session.

Make sure you switch "Private Session" to "Yes", and then you can change whichever settings you like, then invite your friend :).

It's quite long winded really and should be easier/quicker to do.

Thanks Guys.

you need to create an un ranked match and set it to private. u can choose stadium and length of match but not day or night

So fifa FINALLY came out in America... having to listen to you guys talk about it for weeks has been miserable. First off I'm amazed how much the game has changed from the demo. I was really starting to get down on the demo and was wondering how much I would love this game but so far it has blown me away. A few things that have struck me are: even more improved reaction times, WEIGHTIER balls, on both shots and long passes (long passes were so floaty in the demo it was horrible), and its actually FUN to play the computer on world class! In the demo it didnt matter what team you were playing really, toronto FC were almost as good as any other ( a la fifa 08) NOW, for example, I played man city with man U and won 1-0 but controlled the game and it was never really in doubt, went on to play arsenal and lost 3-1! And I've tried this with many different teams, playing against weaker and stronger teams and it always makes a differences... so I'm thrilled. custom tactics are brilliant and i love how u can set arrows AND work rate on offense and defense.

A few notable omissions though... what happened to player traits? It's a shame they took these out, they even removed a player's weak foot accuracy rating! so if, say, zidane were in the game his weak foot acc would be as good as say, adriano's? seems silly and i dont know why they would get rid of it. also.... where are teams like the ivory coast? nigeria? cameroon? oh well. I look forward to some games with u guys

(also i forgot to mention, what happened to the 'hold L and R strafe facing goal???)

Last edited:
A few notable omissions though... what happened to player traits? It's a shame they took these out, they even removed a player's weak foot accuracy rating! so if, say, zidane were in the game his weak foot acc would be as good as say, adriano's? seems silly and i dont know why they would get rid of it. also....

Traits are still there just hidden now. Weak foot rating is also still there, and viewable for your own players in the section where you increase your players using experience points.

oh no...this is pretty sucks and spoil.. i just on my 2nd season of BAP. play the 1st with Chelsea, i i've choose no. 7. now i'vebeen transfered to Bayern,and my jersey is 7, but ribery also wearing the same no. and there's 2 player now wearing the no. 7,me and ribery. Can i fix this?? :(

ive finally changed my controls to manual but left shooting on semi. The game is definately more fluid like this and you have more options as you can pass in front of a player into space rarther than always to ffet, Crossing is very hard to achieve tho and always seems to bend away..not sure what im doing wrong..1st match on proffesional level i lost 2-1 but missed a sitter at the end..scoring is a lot more satisfying

Quick question. Say you're editing your formation and you wanna change the custom tactics too, do you have to save them both separately?

I find saving your own file difficult and you can't really customize that many your own way because you end up having to overwrite an older one.

I'm having a lot of fun on World Class with everything assisted except through balls and crosses.

I beat River Plate with Boca Juniors 2-0 and then lost 1-0 to Arsenal with Man United, both were good games with no evidence of CPU cheats.

Im still having no luck with getting my avatar to show on my game that I made. Have saved it to the PS3 part of Football world but still no luck. Can any one else who has done this on the PS3 advise me what i need to do. Cheers

Im still having no luck with getting my avatar to show on my game that I made. Have saved it to the PS3 part of Football world but still no luck. Can any one else who has done this on the PS3 advise me what i need to do. Cheers

You need to make sure you save it to the appropriate game. If you have several games in your EA profile you can have a separate avatar for each one.

Wouldn't work on Footballworld for me, however it does on Sportsworld

I'm having a lot of fun on World Class with everything assisted except through balls and crosses.

I beat River Plate with Boca Juniors 2-0 and then lost 1-0 to Arsenal with Man United, both were good games with no evidence of CPU cheats.

yeh i hen't posted in a while case i'm addicted to management mode and be a pro on and offline :lol:

in my first season with barca and have signed fabregas (dunno why but he's been on the transfer list twice in two management modes) as well as David Villa and DeRossi. so awesome.

i've had some tight old game where i've been passing as i'm thinking of the next move. so quick.
it' one-touch through my whole team. I've been tweaking custom tactics and the best form of defence for me i to attack (offence) and fast passing with risky passes in the final third and cut back crosses (minimal in the actual box).
works a treat and looks amazing. you have to see some of these moves to believe.

EA need to make replays longer for christsake!

ummm.... is there any logical explanation as to why there is no longer man marking online????????? wtf???? am i missing something?

ummm.... is there any logical explanation as to why there is no longer man marking online????????? wtf???? am i missing something?

It's going to be a new feature in FIFA 2010 (I know that's been used to death but I couldn't resist). Seriously though if that's been left out for some reason it's just another in a long list of incredibly inexplicable omissions. There is so much stuff in this game that I am genuinely left scratching my head about. This is not a new engine, they have tons of disc space left with which to add these things, and I really don't think that there is any logical explanation for it. Sure there's the requisite bullshit answer, like their response to the missing kit number editing feature. It was something to the effect of, and this isn't an exact quote, but "we've determined (through the power of magic because there's no way that we could possibly do this with a feature that doesn't actually record anything online) that not very many people use this feature and because it is also fairly expensive to maintain, we've opted not to include it in this iteration of the game."

I guess someone could better explain how in a Manager Mode that already has less than what is actually available in the last-gen versions of the game, they could find something to take out even after hearing all the calls for fleshing the mode out.

I type way too much though so that's the end of my rant.

EDIT: I actually made the point about them purposely leaving shit out to tout it as a new feature in the next game to a friend of mine and he made the point that I might be overestimating the intelligence of many of the EA team. I'm inclined to agree. Maybe they should scour these boards and offer all of us QA testing jobs. Because whatever 10 year-old little kids, or 50 year-old dudes that they're recruiting to give feedback on the game, clearly don't know much about the sport.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom