FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Very nice. Its one thing I havent actually tried to an extent, although I do enjoy the flick ups and keepy ups in training mode.

i am really confused. i tried the xbox version a friend bought yesterday. and i enjoy it so much more. :( graphics are a lot better in my opinion (same tv, same settings), i have not witnessed the through ball bug yet and i also think, my personal experience, the player responsivness is superior compared to the ps3 version.

this is strange. :-S i think i'll give the xbox version a fair chance.

I'm really enjoying FIFA 09. I've had some very enjoyable matches. There are a lot of positives with this game. I'm not gonna mention them, I'm just gonna say that I love the game.

Just gotta complain about a few things though.

I played on overcast conditions for the first time on Stamford Bridge yesterday and the pitch seemed so hazardous as though we were playing on ice or something. Don't like what they've done with it.

The advantage. The yellow icon comes up in the corner when the ref is allowing the advantage and I'm thinking, yeah, great, then he blows the whistle for the foul even though I have the ball and it's my advantage! Aah! So frustrating.

Goalkeepers seem to love their goal line too much. Even with the Y held they are reluctant to come out for the ball sometimes and that has cost me a few goals.

I also wish changing the throwers, free-kick and corner takers were quicker. The ability to take quick free-kicks should also be implemented.

i have beat this to a dead horse but maybe ea is reading, they should look at the iso motion stick in NBA2k, its pretty amazing the dribbles and feints you can easily pull off with the right stick, very fluid and you dont need to hold another button for a modifier...

I doubt they are reading much here but keep posting ideas in their official forum because they obviously read that.

---

One thing they might fix for 2010 is that when playing BAPS your teammates should be more careful with their tackles if they already have a yellow card. My teammates get red cards in almost every game now, it's annoying to play one man less every damn game. BUT I do love that they tackle a lot, they just need to put in a caution thingy for those already having a yellow to simulate how real players behave when running around with a card.

I gotta say I'm finally getting the hang of pulling off the dribbles in-game in the demo. Yes, I'm still playing the demo due to the delayed release. Anyhow, using the RS on crosses/corners really adds zip and curl to the ball. Scored a beauty of a header with Ballack last night after sending in a venomous cross with Cole that curled right into Ballack's path who slammed it in for a score.

I gotta say I'm finally getting the hang of pulling off the dribbles in-game in the demo. Yes, I'm still playing the demo due to the delayed release. Anyhow, using the RS on crosses/corners really adds zip and curl to the ball. Scored a beauty of a header with Ballack last night after sending in a venomous cross with Cole that curled right into Ballack's path who slammed it in for a score.

rb on crosses?

What is up with the lighting on those vids???

Sheesh, I hope they fix this with a patch soon..
For some reason the lighting looks different on that site from what it does in the game, the night lighting on 09 seems much better than it was on 08 :).

Nope, I meant what I wrote. Right Stick on crosses. RS on Free-kicks, corners and crosses adds curl to the ball. After kicking the ball, you simply twirl the RS in the desired direction to add curl to the ball while in mid air.

Try it, it's great!
;-)

You mean the left stick?

FIFA is the new Madden, in the UK

Some interesting statistics about Electronic Arts' recently launched FIFA09 in the U.K. (via Chart Track):

* It is currently beating the sales rate of FIFA08 -- itself a bestselling UK game last year -- by 37.5%.
* It debuted at the top of the PlayStation 2, PS3, PSP and Xbox 360 charts.
* Of those sales, 42% were on Xbox 360, making it the 3rd fastest selling game on Microsoft's format (behind GTA IV and Halo 3), while 40% were on PS3 where it is the 2nd fastest selling game (behind GTA IV). 11% go to PS2, 3% to PSP and the rest for PC, Wii and DS.

Just goes to show you that no matter the culture or continent, EA owns football.

Well hopefully they will spend more money on it in the future and add all the features that Madden and NHL have

:SHOCK: I'm gonna have to test this out.

Haha, just tested it in the arena and it's bollocks, right analog does nothing!

:SHOCK: I'm gonna have to test this out.

Haha, just tested it in the arena and it's bollocks, right analog does nothing!

Sorry to hear that, because for me, it does wonders. The curls are noticeable on crosses/Free kicks/PK's etc... You have to bend the stick as soon as the ball gets air time. The zip on the ball depends on the power you apply together with RB.

I'm not crazy, I do this all the time with the Demo and have even managed to score some beautiful headers by curling the ball over the defense and into my striker's path. You have to quickly bend the stick after the kick and immediately let go of it to control your striker for the header. It's awkward, but very rewarding.

i find it quite unreal and stupid to be able control the curl of the ball AFTER it has been kicked...i mean, so now we have contol on the ball while its on air?? remote control.... WTF

hanvet tried it myself...but i hope it doesnt work like jflores mentioned.

i find it quite unreal and stupid to be able control the curl of the ball AFTER it has been kicked...i mean, so now we have contol on the ball while its on air?? remote control.... WTF

hanvet tried it myself...but i hope it doesnt work like jflores mentioned.

Its a game how else can we add curl?

Is there anyway to sidestep in the game, which you can use to beat players? There is a "ball roll" move, which you can execute by holding the pace control button and then holding the right-stick left or right but it doesn't beat a soul.

Thanks in advance.

Its a game how else can we add curl?

well, like in the FK, BEFORE u kick the ball u set the curve u want, so its like telling the player that u want him to crul the ball...but to be able to control the ball AFTER it has left your foot is just ridiculous.

from what i understood jflores, he said u would actually have control over the ball curve after its kicked..that insane.. i mean supose u shoot than the GK is diving trying to save it, and u can still change the direction of the ball(curve)?? WTF so now we have a remote control for the ball??

the way i play the game i only see that we can decide the curl before the player actually kicks the ball, and that realistic...its like u asking him to curl the ball

Last edited:
well, like in the FK, BEFORE u kick the ball u set the curve u want, so its like telling the player that u want him to crul the ball...but to be able to control the ball AFTER it has left your foot is just ridiculous.

It has always been the same with past WE games as well. You kick the ball on a Free-kick and twist the controller-pad in the direction you want the ball to curve as it leaves the players feet. The same thing applies here with Fifa09. It's not as bad as you think.

It has always been the same with past WE games as well. You kick the ball on a Free-kick and twist the controller-pad in the direction you want the ball to curve as it leaves the players feet. The same thing applies here with Fifa09. It's not as bad as you think.

nah m8, u actually set the curve before the ball is kicked, while set the power bar....after the ball leaves the players feet u have no control over it...and thats how i see in fifa too. But i understand it worng when u explained the use of the RL i thought u meant that after the ball was on air u could still add curl to it, which is totally off.

Is there anyway to sidestep in the game, which you can use to beat players? There is a "ball roll" move, which you can execute by holding the pace control button and then holding the right-stick left or right but it doesn't beat a soul.

Thanks in advance.

there is an animation, when you release all/any triggers or bumper buttons and then push the directional stick 90 degrees while player is still jogging/sprinting. it helps me sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom