FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

I just thought about something that could randomize MM a bit... If you know which stadiums you are going to be playing in, you could do this setting across all of them before starting manager mode so as to randomize it.

Say you set all Ivy Hall or whatever games to "overcast" - you should be able to play all of those games throughout MM as overcast... Do the same with whatever other stadiums. It would take some time but it's very doable.

As far as snow, you would guess that Germany would have snow games while England would have more rainy games...

Does this sound reasonable?

Sounds great in theory but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work, I think it only sets the changes for the last stadium you changed in exhibition.

Can anybody who has bought the PS3 version in Italy or Turkey please tell me which commentaries are available? And also which menu languages.

thanks

Can anybody who has bought the PS3 version in Italy or Turkey please tell me which commentaries are available? And also which menu languages.

thanks

i have the franch version and it has italian, som im guessing its the same version of the game as the one sold in italy...
than ull have spanish, portuguese, and a bunch of other languages including chezch...
tell me what language u want and i can check for u...

theres no english.

btw, as far as i tested, all the languages have menus and commentaries..not only menus like in past years.

Is anyone else annoyed that :r1: is space in the PS3's keyboard when chatting in game - but then :triangle: is 'space' on the XMB. so i keep getting mixed up and end up typing messages without any spaces.

i have the franch version and it has italian, som im guessing its the same version of the game as the one sold in italy...
than ull have spanish, portuguese, and a bunch of other languages including chezch...

theres no english.

btw, as far as i tested, all the languages have menus and commentaries..not only menus like in past years.

is there any version that has english menus with portuguese commentary?
and it's brasilian portuguese, right?

i keep hearing 2010 is going to be year that pes changes, thats the year their going to really go all out its kind of funny because these people are saying this thinking ea and fifa are going to sleep for a whole year and hibernate...no they are not...they are also going to be tweaking their gameplay, make positive chages etc....i belive that this year fifa09 will beat pes...ive just listened to the wenb podcast and this is what i get from it...the way EA is going fifa 2010 is going to be better than fifa09....looking at how good it is this year, then thats saying a lot...
i guess what pes fans this year what to hear is pes2009 is better than pes2008 and they will be happy....what do you think placebo?...i target this to you only because you dont have fifa09 yet and you might enjoy a little political chat as you wait ;)....and others who do have it go and enjoy the best footy game out this year period there is no need to even mention pes

theres no english.

I'm mainly interested in Spanish, but I like to hear the commentary of whatever league I'm playing, even if I have no idea what they are saying, lol. Shame about English, but if your version has those languages then I'm set.

thanks.

I'm mainly interested in Spanish, but I like to hear the commentary of whatever league I'm playing, even if I have no idea what they are saying, lol. Shame about English, but if your version has those languages then I'm set.

thanks.

the american version will come with spannish menus and mexican comentaries...diferent from the spannish i have that has 2 spaniards commenting...

theres no english.

So there are no english menus either?

I just played someone online 3 times in a row (used the rematch option) in unranked matches, and they were the very realistic:

Croatia (me) v Russia - Flowing football like the best of Euro 2008. I won it 1-0 with a powerful header from Olic across the keeper.
Newcastle (me) v Tottenham - A much quicker paced game, like a typical Premier League match with another header winning me the game 1-0, this time from Owen.
Boca Juniors (me) v Rangers - The South American class came through in a 4-0 win for me, with Riquelme and Rodrigo Palacio carving open the defence with their trickery.

The different players really did feel different to me - I instantly felt in more control when Modric or Riquelme were on the ball, the sheer pace of Martins, the power of Viduka etc.
The different team styles also came through very well, and made for different types of matches, and when the styles clashed like in the Boca v Rangers game it was also a very different experience.

I also got that A.Bell Fever achievement from him, so if anyone wants it then you can by beating me :PP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds great in theory but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work, I think it only sets the changes for the last stadium you changed in exhibition.

Well, in '08, and it sounds like this is the same glitch as last years version, if I set the exhibition mode to night it played all of my games at night until I switched it back to day or whatever. However, if I was playing in a stadium that didn't have a night setting, it would play at dusk instead (Lyon, Milan).

I guess I will have to wait until next week since I am in the US to try it out. If anyone wants to give it a go, please let us know what happens!

i keep hearing 2010 is going to be year that pes changes, thats the year their going to really go all out its kind of funny because these people are saying this thinking ea and fifa are going to sleep for a whole year and hibernate...no they are not...they are also going to be tweaking their gameplay, make positive chages etc....i belive that this year fifa09 will beat pes...ive just listened to the wenb podcast and this is what i get from it...the way EA is going fifa 2010 is going to be better than fifa09....looking at how good it is this year, then thats saying a lot...
i guess what pes fans this year what to hear is pes2009 is better than pes2008 and they will be happy....what do you think placebo?...i target this to you only because you dont have fifa09 yet and you might enjoy a little political chat as you wait ;)....and others who do have it go and enjoy the best footy game out this year period there is no need to even mention pes

Which game gets the most buys throughout the world? I gave up on PES years ago and have always bought FIFA.

Well, in '08, and it sounds like this is the same glitch as last years version, if I set the exhibition mode to night it played all of my games at night until I switched it back to day or whatever. However, if I was playing in a stadium that didn't have a night setting, it would play at dusk instead (Lyon, Milan).

I guess I will have to wait until next week since I am in the US to try it out. If anyone wants to give it a go, please let us know what happens!

I changed Anfield to overcast in Exhibition mode last night and it played overcast two games in a row, after which I changed it to night for a big match... dunno if that helps?

Hi Lads still enjoying my new experience that is FIFA and have had some great online games which have felt very realistic even tho not winning many. Having problems tonight on the PS3 where accept an online match then cannot change my team and the game cannot go ahead as screen seems stuck. Anyone else having this problem. Many thanks

I changed Anfield to overcast in Exhibition mode last night and it played overcast two games in a row, after which I changed it to night for a big match... dunno if that helps?

What was the match? Was it an away match? What happened after the night match?

I play as Liverpool, but this year and those god awful grey jerseys, I don't know if I can... Do they have a 3rd jersey this year?

Thank you!

What was the match? Was it an away match? What happened after the night match?

I play as Liverpool, but this year and those god awful grey jerseys, I don't know if I can... Do they have a 3rd jersey this year?

Thank you!

The green one. The grey looks class in my opinion.

Hey brunnoce, since you already have the game and you're Brazilian I'm guessing that you play with Brazilian teams.

Can you tell me how they play? Do they play in different styles from each other? Are the stats good? Does it have all the latest player? Are player faces any good? And last but not least, e o meu Timao Corinthians, como q ele eh?

Hey brunnoce, since you already have the game and you're Brazilian I'm guessing that you play with Brazilian teams.

Can you tell me how they play? Do they play in different styles from each other? Are the stats good? Does it have all the latest player? Are player faces any good? And last but not least, e o meu Timao Corinthians, como q ele eh?

ok let me answer u in parts

1-theres no version with english and portuguese...portuguese is only avalible in one of the european versions, and its the one without english...the american version im 99.5% sure wont have portuguese like in past years...

2-yeh the brazilian teams are updated and they play really well, they have a very diferent way of playing like in real life with the LB and RB going up a lot to hgelp the attack...teams pressure a lot less then the european, and play more of a short passing game...

3- they are rated pretty well in my opinion...Sao paulo and internacional are the best teams rating 4 stars...cruzeiro, palmeiras, gremio, botafogo, flamengo are second best with 3.5 stars...the best player in brazil i think is d'alessandro and ibison with a 81 overall rating.

4-corinthians(who is in the rest of the world), palmeiras, sao paulo have real chants!

5-Corinthians and cruzeiro have 3rd kits

6- internacional and goias are not licensed :(

7-we have the 20 teams from the serie A in the brazilian league plus 6 serie B teams in the rest of the world.

i hope this helps

You have to set it for the stadium you're about to play your next match in, so assuming your home, go start an exhibition with the team you're playing as in MM, change to overcast, then back out to the main menu, load your manager mode, save your manager mode, that should now lock your home stadium to overcast, now start the next match and it should be overcast :)
Ahhh I think I changed MM team that must be it...

Just played an awful run of MM games, seemed as though all the little "cheats" from 08 were back, AI doing impossible turns at full speed, my players slowing up letting AI get the ball same old crap. This is Just in the MM, I fear it's been totally untouched bar a few menu tweaks...

Back
Top Bottom